The Perfect Lover For Me

The Perfect Lover For Me

 

Baekhyun’s POV

 

It has been 283 days, 11 hours, 58 minutes and 34 seconds since that day Chanyeol confessed to me.

I could still remember how my heart was almost beating a mile an hour when Chanyeol’s deep and enthralling voice numbed my senses, stopping me on my tracks the moment I heard him singing.

When I first saw you, it was very different
I want to talk to you
Every time you smile, I find this out
Now every time I see you, my heart gets so big
Now all my time will be spent always laughing with you,
Longing for this night, wanting more out of a day
As I wait for you

I would still be staring at Chanyeol from afar if it weren’t for Sehun who pulled me towards the crowd. I felt myself stumble as I walked but it didn’t matter because the eyes I’ve always wanted to look at me was now intently staring at me.

What do I do? I’m still so bad at this
But my feelings have leaked and my heart grew bigger
And it keeps leaking

I felt my heart jumped a little as I watch Chanyeol making his way down the stage and towards me but not before getting a big box from Jongin’s hands. I look at the box and back to Chanyeol, finding answers to my unspoken questions. What was in the box? Is he going to give it to me?

As if he could read my mind, he handed me the box and I slowly opened it, feeling excited and scared of what was awaiting inside the box. The moment my eyes saw the first note I gave him, I was not able to hold a gasp.

When you’re not here, it’s painful
I want to tell you how I feel

I scanned the content of the box and saw all the notes I’ve written. From the first time I introduced myself as ‘B’ to the moment I told him how handsome he looked in his gym clothes and to the time I greeted him on his birthday. Everything was inside, neatly stacked on top of each other.

When I close my eyes, I picture you again
Now each time I breathe, you become so big
Now all my love will be spent always laughing with you,
Longing for this night, wanting more out of a day
As I wait for you

My eyes could not ignore the colorful wrappers that were below the notes. The wrappers looked familiar, oh so familiar… until it hit me. These were the gift wrappers I used for his gifts were neatly folded and kept. Even the candy wrappers of the candies I often leave with my notes were inside. I looked at him in wonder. Why did you keep all this when you rejected me in the first place?

What do I do? I’m still so bad at this
But my feelings have leaked and my heart grew bigger
And it keeps leaking

The tears were on the verge of falling but I breathed and hoped it would not fall. It was not time for me to show my weak side. It was time for me to be strong. But all my nerve I had weakened as soon as my eyes saw the one note Chanyeol had intentionally left inside my locker, “I’m sorry.”

“W-Why do you have this?” I hear my own voice crack as I was still trying to hold my tears back.

Chanyeol didn’t answer, just looking at me lovingly with his eyes. He slowly cupped my face as the lyrics flowed from his lips.

Beautiful you, I tried to hold it in but
The night is getting dark and loneliness is coming

Then it hit me. I loved him no matter what anyone says and from what my already intoxicated mind had assumed, Chanyeol felt the same towards me. I wanted to tell him I love him but the moment I opened my mouth, no words came out of it. Mentally hitting myself for what I was about to do, I rested my hands on the back of his neck and pulled him to me as close as possible until there was no more space left between our lips. I heard the loud thud of the mic as it hit the hard ground and the loud cheering of the audience, too excited about what was happening between us. But none of those mattered because I finally knew, he was the perfect lover for me.

 

And now that our 100th day is just 17 days away, I’m planning to give him a surprise. A surprise he would never forget in his life.

But instead of preparing for my surprise, I’m the one being surprised… at how close Chanyeol is to a lot of girls.

Yes, I do know that Chanyeol has the looks and skills to gain a few fans here and there but it never really occurred to me that his popularity would pop a few veins in my head. I was fuming from anger when I saw Chanyeol with his usual creepy face on, surrounded by a lot of girls. And by a lot, that means more than 2. Okay, I was exaggerating a bit. It wasn’t a lot but it was still enough to make my head spin around and my vision blurry. The jealousy was creeping up on me and it had to stop. So without greeting Chanyeol first thing in the morning, I went to class.

Once I got to class, I was pestered by my two friends namely Jongdae and Kyungsoo. We were commonly known as the “Vocal Trio” since the three of us belong to the singing club at school and our high notes are very popular among the school.

“Bacon! I’m bored.” Kyungsoo whined beside me, leaning closer for me to play with him.

“I’m not in the mood, Kyungsoo. If you don’t get out of my face, I’ll make your eyes bigger than it already is.” Kyungsoo stopped and hid behind Jongdae for backup.

“Baekhyun, that’s not a good way to talk to your friend. What’s bothering you?” Jongdae moved closer to show me his worried face.

“It’s… It’s nothing. Sorry, Kyungsoo.” I sighed and put my earphones on to drown me with soothing music. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out.

The music did not do anything to soothe me, I knew it. It was that one message my boyfriend sent me that made me calm.

“I miss you, B. Movies later? ^.^”

No matter what Chanyeol does, he always makes me happy. I can’t stay mad at him for even one hour. I guess Chanyeol really has that happy virus effect on me. Because now, I was smiling like an idiot listening to some song that had sad lyrics which were opposite to what I’m currently feeling.

 

----------

 

“What do you want to watch, B?”

“I’m in the mood for some superhero flick. Let’s watch The Avengers.” I happily suggested, all the bad feelings from this morning disappearing in my mind.

I dragged Chanyeol to the ticket booth, buying our tickets, and then went to the food stall to buy some popcorn. I was about to ask Chanyeol what flavor of popcorn he wanted when I saw him eyeing the pretty girl beside him. I watched him as his eyes moved to her… there!

Without warning, I whacked Chanyeol’s head before making a run for it. I could see Chanyeol’s confused expression when I took one last glance at him. He was too shocked to move making it easier for me to run away from him.

How could he…? How could he do that when I was just standing beside him? Am I not worth looking at?!

All the frustrations from this morning built up together with my anger just a while ago. When I knew I was far enough for him to reach, I stopped and my knees dropped to the floor. Panting heavily from the long run, I clutched my chest and tried to think of happy thoughts to calm down. But instead of happy thoughts, my thoughts wandered off to Chanyeol’s interactions with the girls this morning and his checking out on the pretty lady a while ago. I was a weeping mess when I realize people crowding around me. I wiped the tears angrily before standing up and walking away from the crowd like nothing happened.

----------

 

It’s been 16 days since I last saw Chanyeol. I avoided walking in the same direction I knew he would take, I avoided all the stores he frequented, I avoided all his two best friends who I knew would drag me to him forcefully. As soon as classes are finished, I walk straight home without talking to anyone. Just a simple “goodbye” to my friends and I’m gone.

Today is much gloomier than any of the other days I never saw Chanyeol because tomorrow is our 100th day and we’re celebrating it, if we are still together right now, without each other. What kind of relationship is that, right?

I know I was being a selfish little brat when I walked out on Chanyeol but I just felt so insecure that my mind blanked and my body worked on its own. Chanyeol was straight to begin with, he was not gay before our little secret admirer thing started and until now he’s mind is still the same. Though he admits to me that he still thinks like a guy and checks out girls sometimes, I wish he would just keep it to himself because from that moment onwards, I have doubted his love for me. I was not sure anymore if he really loves me or just pities me. He’s a nice guy… a very nice guy, and that was why I doubted him more. It’s wrong for me to doubt him like that but it was inevitable. I’ve been secretly sending him notes and when I confessed to him, I was rejected the moment he realized his admirer was a guy. Then all of a sudden, he was there on stage with my band, singing this love song he dedicated to me. And we became lovers. But how sure was I of his feelings? More like… how sure is he that he loves me?

 

The sound of the doorbell brought me back to reality and soon I was dragging my way to the front door to open it. Who was on the other side of the door stunned me. It was Chanyeol still in his school uniform, drenched in sweat.

“Park Chanyeol.” I gulped.

I did not have enough time to register what was happening when I felt strong arms wrap themselves around me, pulling me closer to him.

“Baekhyun… Byun Baekhyun…” I felt my t-shirt become wet and lifted Chanyeol’s face to see his sobbing face.

I immediately pulled him into the house and sat him in the living room, patting his back in comfort and wiping the tears away from his eyes. He suddenly grabbed my face and pulled me in for a kiss. I soon melted in his touch and relished the moment while it lasted. When we needed to breathe again, he released me and exhaled loudly.

“I missed doing that.” He admitted in his usually deep voice.

“Me too.” I whispered.

“Baekhyun…” He turned to look at me.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol.” I apologized, my eyes glued to the floor.

“It’s okay. I just want to know what happened.” He moved closer to me.

“I was…” I inhaled deeply before finishing my sentence, “I was insecure and jealous.”

“Why?”

“You’re popular, a ladies’ man. I’m a guy. Suddenly, we became lovers and I was happy. But I was unsure of your feelings. If it was out of love or out of pity you went out with me, I did not know. And I was afraid of that. I was afraid of the feeling of suspicion every time I see you smiling brightly to a girl. Because deep down in my heart, I know that you’re still not used to this… this relationship.” I said in one breath, an accomplishment for me.

“And when I saw you checking that girl beside you when we were at the movies, I just snapped.” I added.

“Baekhyun. I admit, I’m still not used to the concept of having a boyfriend. I was used to having girls flock around me, asking me out on a date or two. And yes, I still do think girls are pretty and all but by the end of the day, it’s always you who stands out among them. You’re never less pretty than all those girls I see every day.” His hands cupped my face and I leaned closer to feel the warmth of his hands.

“And the reason I was checking out the girl beside me was not for the reason you thought. I was eyeing the necklace she had on and I thought of asking where she bought that. I was sure it would look better on you and I wanted to buy it.” That was when I looked at him and his eyes were full of… love.

All the uncertainties and insecurity I felt about our relationship soon went down the drain and all that was left was an unspoken promise between us. The promise to never let go of each other for the rest of eternity.

It was hard to say how long this relationship would last but I was sure of one thing: I would never regret falling in love with this man before me.

“Chanyeol-ah.” I called out to him dearly.

“Hmm?” He smiled his usual goofy smile I’ve never seen for days.

“I’m sorry. I should have trusted you more.” I apologized.

“I’m sorry, too. I should have known you felt insecure and I should have made that feeling go away. But instead, it only got bigger.” He hugged me tight, reassuring me of his presence and warmth.

“I love you.” I whispered into his ear, smiling lovingly.

“You know, it’s not Baekhyun the guy I fell in love with.” Chanyeol whispered back.

I was shocked at his response that I suddenly freed myself from his embrace. I gave him a suspicious look and he only gave me a laugh in response. His goofy face soon turned serious.

“Rather, it was Baekhyun my secret admirer that casted a spell on me.” He said before leaning dangerously close to me until there was no distance between us.

It was a sweet kiss, one like any other kisses we’d had. But this kiss was different in a way. Because it made me realize that Park Chanyeol is indeed the perfect lover for me.

 

 

“Happy 100th day, B.” He smiled brightly at me.

It was already 12:00, it was our 100th day.

“I was supposed to surprise you today but with all the things going on with us the past few days, I wasn’t able to prepare it.” I pouted to which he laughed at.

“Why don’t we continue our movie watching, then?”

I smiled and grabbed the Paradise Kiss DVD box on the table and put on the DVD player.

I went back next to Chanyeol on the couch and nuzzled myself between his arms as the opening credits flash through the screen.

 

 

 

 

A/N: Surprised you, didn't I? You thought I would break Baekyeol~ Of course not! They're perfect together so why would I do that? :3
They just needed a little drama in their relationship but they're forever together~!!!

I'm so proud that I finished this in less than 12 hours! An achievement for me. HAHA. :D
Thanks for all the subscriptions and comments! Since it's midnight already, I'll be sleeping. I will reply to each of your comments tomorrow! ^.^