Please Love Me Back

Please Love Me Back

Title: Please Love Me Back
Pairing: 2MIN
Genre: Angst



A lone figure sat on a bed quietly reading a book. Looking at him, you would think he’d be immersed in reading but he hasn’t flipped a page for a while. His brown eyes stared at the page and he just sat in the bed like a rock.

A knock was heard on the door and it opened revealing SHINee’s Almighty Key.

“Minho, it’s dinner time,” Key said looking at Minho who has not moved an inch. Key frowned and it pained him to see his friend in this state.

“Minho, come on. You have to eat,” Key approached Minho and slowly grabbed the book that he was reading and placed it on the nearest table. He starts to worry when Minho didn’t move. No response.

“Minho?”

“Key! Minho! What’s taking you guys so long?” Jonghyun grumbled out loud calling for the two to come out and have dinner.

Key sighed, annoyed with Jonghyun’s grumbling.

“We’re coming!”

“Hey, you have to eat. Let’s go,” Key grabbed the rapper’s hand but Minho didn’t even budge. His hand lay limp on the mattress and his brown eyes kept its gaze on the mattress.

“Min---“ and finally Minho’s head turned towards Key and the next thing Key knew the rapper’s eyes were slowly forming tears and it uncontrollably streamed down.

“K-Key…” Minho’s lips began to shake and the tears just streamed as if there was no tomorrow.

Without hesitating, Key immediately enveloped Minho in a hug and comforted the crying rapper who held onto Key’s shirt, wetting the black shirt with his tears. Minho’s hold on Key’s shirt tightened and Key could only just pat the poor one’s back.

Key slightly looked away from Minho as he could feel the wetness forming in his eyes.

“AHHH!! TAEMIN!!” and everything all went down. Minho broke down with a shout, shouting the name that the group has been missing for a long, long time. Jonghyun and Onew left the dinner table to see Key crying along with a miserable Minho in his arms.

“K-Key…Tae…min…Taemin…bring him back…” Minho lightly hit Key’s chest and his cries got louder.

“Yah! Bring him back! I want Taemin back!” Key tried to stop Minho with the hitting but he got wilder by the second and Jonghyun and Onew helped Key out.

“Minho, stop this. He’s gone and you know that,” Jonghyun coldly says leaving the room.

“Yah Kim Jonghyun! How could you!” Key rushed out of the room, scolding Jonghyun on what he just said.

Onew looked at the crying Minho and he knelt down and gave him a comforting hug. Minho was like a baby now. Onew thought as he saw the pained expression on Minho’s face as he mumbled Taemin’s name like a chant, repeating it over and over again.

Onew understood why he acted this way. He knew because Minho and Taemin were once a couple. They loved each other or more likely Taemin loved Minho more. And because of that love…Taemin died.

Onew wonders why love could be such a beautiful thing and how it could turn things worst and miserable at the same time. The love that they had caused Minho to be like this now and it truly hurts him to see his fellow member like this.

~~

It was a cold night. Taemin rubbed his hands together as he waited for his hyung to finish recording Dream Team. He watches how his hyung laugh and joke around the Dream Team cast and he smiled dreamily looking at his hyung. His heart skipped a beat when his gaze turned towards Taemin.

“Taemin!”

“Uh…hello Minho hyung,” Taemin stood up and greeted Minho.

“What are you doing here?” Minho asked looking at Taemin who is starting to shiver.

“I came here to uhm…I wanted to wait for you,” Taemin beamed and Minho could only raised an eyebrow.

“Why do you need to wait for me? Do you need something?” Taemin was taken aback and it made him uncomfortable for some reason.

“It’s nothing…” Taemin just said it and Minho nodded and returned to the members to continue recording.

“I just wanted to…I just wanted to be with you that’s all…so I waited for you…”

~~

Taemin and Minho were on their way home after going to a bookstore that they always go to.

“Hyung…” Taemin held Minho’s hand and called for him.

“What?” Minho turned to Taemin.

“I love you, hyung,” Taemin smiled. Minho just looked at Taemin and released his hand.

“I know. Let’s go, it’s getting cold,” Taemin’s smile slowly dropped and he felt cold all of a sudden as Minho started to walk away. Still Taemin didn’t mind Minho’s act just now.

“He must be tired…”

~~

Minho sat on his bed as he read his book. The door opened and he didn’t mind it. He felt another person sat on his bed.

“Minho hyung…” it was Taemin.

Silence.

“Hyung…are you mad at me?”

Silence.

“Hyung? Please don’t get mad at me….”

Silence.

“Min---“

“Can’t you just leave me alone?”

Taemin stiffened and was surprised by Minho’s sudden raise of voice.

“Minho hyung, hyung….you kept on pestering me…what do you want?” Minho coldly says.

Taemin gulped. “I just wanted to know if you’re mad at me. You have been acting cold towards me lately…”

“Does it matter?”

Taemin’s eyes widened and he could feel the tears forming.

“I love you…hyung…please don’t push me away…” Taemin cried and he was sobbing now.

“I know that,”

“Then why don’t you say you love me too! If you know how I feel, please love me back…”

~~

Minho didn’t know that he had hurt Taemin incredibly with what he said and what his actions show to him. He did love Taemin but he just couldn’t express it right…like there was some kind of barrier between them. Taemin had been so clingy and he felt trapped.

“I’m fed up with this…I feel like I’m trapped because he loves me too much,” he said to Key who just stared at him with wide eyes.

“I thought you love him?” Key asked.

“I did…and that love is slowly fading away from me. I don’t know why. I’m just caught up that’s all…”

A loud thud was heard and the two of them looked at the surprised Taemin in front of them. The figurine that Taemin held on his hand broke into pieces and the cake that he bought was now scattered on the ground.

“Taemin…uh…did you—“ Key was cut off when Taemin smiled at them.

“I’m okay! Haha…how clumsy of me…” Taemin knelt down and started to clean the mess that he did. Minho stared at Taemin and for some reason he didn’t feel anything anymore.

A sob was heard.

“I’m…alright…” Taemin was sobbing when he was cleaning the mess and he stood up, holding the messed up cake and raised it towards Minho.

“Hyung…Ha—ppy…birthday…” and Minho’s heart felt like it was pierced with thousands of needles.

~~

“Taemin, get down here! Taemin!” Jonghyun exclaimed watching Taemin walked at the ledge at the rooftop.

“It’s so high here hyung! Let’s play,” Taemin exclaimed happily stretching his arms up high.

 

“Lee Taemin get back here this instant,” Onew ordered with a serious tone in his voice. Key smacked their leader lightly.

“Taemin, please, just get down, please,” Key said calmly, trying not to panic and create pressure.

“Why would I? It’s fun up here,”

“Taemin!” Taemin turned around and smiled at the person who called him.

“Minho hyung…”

“Taemin, get down now, please…get back here” Minho stretched his hands out to Taemin. Taemin looked at them and smiled sadly.

“Hyung…I’m caught up as well….” Taemin took a step backwards and he could almost see the colorful lights below him.


“Taemin…look, I’m sorry…I didn’t mean to…”

“Does it matter now hyung?”

Minho’s eyes widened and remembered a familiar conversation that the two had that night. He pushed Taemin away and he ended up hurting him.

“Thank you for everything,” Taemin smiled at his hyungs and stretched his arms towards them.

“TAEMIN! DON’T!!”

“Please love me back…” and Taemin moved one step back and his body slowly fell in mid-air. Minho rushed towards Taemin and grabbed his hands but it was too late.

“I…I…love you…” and their fingers just brushed at each other and Taemin fell all the way down.

~~


“Hyung…I want to see Taemin…” Onew looked at Minho with a surprised looked. To see Taemin? Minho wants to die?

“Minho what…” his eyes followed Minho as he opened the sliding door and cold wind gushed through and Minho took a step forward the balcony.

“Minho, don’t do it!” Onew exclaimed as he held Minho’s hand.

“Hyung please…I want to see Taemin…” Minho pulled his hand back and slowly climbed up the ledge and he took in the evening breeze and looked at the sparkling city below him.

“Minho please don’t do this…” Onew pleaded, asking Minho to come back down and not to continue.

“I can’t…hyung, this is my fault. If only I have loved Taemin back then, this would not have happened. I want to see Taemin and love him back, hyung. Love him more than he loves me before,” Minho said with a smile and a tear dropped from his eyes.

“Thank you hyung…”

“Minho no!!!!!”

~~

Pair of arms enveloped a small figure and held him tight, not letting him go again.

“I love you, Taemin…”

Two teardrops made its way down and a smile formed on Taemin’s lips.

“Minho hyung, I love you too…” he replied back and he made its way to Minho’s lips as they both shared a sweet kiss.

 

END

 

GAH PASS ME TISSUE PLEASE TT_____TT