Final

Husky

 

Chapter II - Morning After (aka Chanyeol Is Really Really Pretty And That's Not Right)

A/N: I'm not sure what happened here. I had a small two-shot planned out and then it exploded into word vomit.

Warning(s): boy on boy, kissing, slight language, etc.

 

x

 

He hadn’t slept this well in years.

With years of vigorous training and a hectic debut schedule, a good night’s sleep was a rarity for Wufan. After yesterday’s overdose of Byun Baekhyun, the rest of the night blurred by and before Wufan knew it, he woke up in an unfamiliar room.

Where am I?

He prodded the back of his mind and vaguely recalled checking into one of the hotels near the airport. They’d arrived three hours past midnight and dragged their feet into one of the random suites half-asleep. Wufan poked his head out of the puffy comforter and looked around for a room key.

Ah, there it is.

The suite key was laying dangerously on the edge of a russet coffee table, but he was too tired to care. Wufan reburied himself inside the covers and squeezed his oversized pillow. His pillow groaned in response. He silently thanked the one of the manager noonas for giving him an extra pillow, although he couldn’t really remember any of them hurling a giant bag of feathers at him.

Wait.

Did his pillow just groan?

Wufan squeezed his body pillow again and it made a similar noise. He craned his head downwards and sure enough, there was a distinctly solid body wrapped in his arms. How the hell did he mistake Chanyeol for a pillow? A small pile of drool collected on his shirt, causing a sense of déjà vu to wash over him.

“Ugh,” he muttered, “Not again.”

After he gingerly disentangled his arms from Chanyeol’s upper body, Wufan tried to edge his to the end of the bed. He didn’t trust his legs to function properly after performing difficult choreography for two debuts in a row.

Wufan almost reached freedom when a pair of strong arms grabbed a fistful of his drool-stained shirt and jerked him forwards. His face smashed into Chanyeol’s chest and he felt the vibrations from Chanyeol’s snoring pass through him from head to toe. His nose tingled with dull pain.

Following a failed attempt to pry Chanyeol’s arms off his waist, Wufan tried to relax into the tight embrace. It didn’t work.

Chanyeol sighed in his sleep and breathed out an unintelligible slur of words. “Plea’e ‘on’ ‘o.”*

He blinked. It took him a second to realize that Chanyeol was mumbling in Hangul. , why would he speak Mandarin in his sleep?

Going back to sleep was impossible now, so he needed to find a way to pass the time. Wufan decided to stare at his captor, raising his chin up slightly and squinting up at him.

Chanyeol was pretty under the pretense of sleep. Without Chanyeol’s abnormally deep voice crashing the party, he could clearly see his long eyelashes and pink lips. Wufan his own lips unconsciously.

I wonder if his lips are as soft as they look.

Wufan mentally slapped himself. .

No matter how many times he mentally kicked his own crotch, the offending thought lingered in his mind. Well, just one kiss wouldn’t hurt, would it? Once he was sure that the other boy’s breathing was slow and deep, Wufan tilted his head and pressed a chaste kiss on Chanyeol’s jaw line.

After a few moments of hesitation, he also swiftly pecked Chanyeol’s cheek. His face was unbearably soft and smooth, like a baby’s . Wufan ended up kissing the tip of his nose, eyelids, forehead, and every other part of Chanyeol’s face besides his lips.

Wufan lowered his head to press another kiss into his jaw, brushing against Chanyeol’s neck as he did so. The boy giggled into his hair.

He froze.

“That tickles,” laughed Chanyeol.

Wufan stared at him.

“What?” Chanyeol stared back. “It’s not my fault you kiss like a dinosaur.”

That was the stupidest thing I’d ever done. Ignoring the strong pang of hurt in his chest, Wufan jerked back and forced himself out of the hold. His heart thumped painfully as he eyed the suite for the room key. He needed to get out of here.

I need to find Yixing.

He hauled himself off the bed and grabbed the small key before making a beeline for the door, stabbing the key into the lock. A pair of arms wrapped around his neck from behind before he could leave. Wufan cursed inwardly.

“Wait, that’s not what I meant.” Chanyeol remedied.

Before he could grab the knob, Chanyeol turned him around and held his hands as though Wufan were a small child who needed excruciatingly gentle care. He tried to shake it off.

“That’s nice,” Wufan retorted, “but I really have to go.”

Chanyeol kissed him. It was a devastatingly sweet kiss, and it made the pain in his chest multiply tenfold. Wufan squeezed his eyes shut and clung onto his sanity as Chanyeol murmured soft words against his lips.

“Where are you going?”

“Anywhere but here.”

“No.”

“Excuse me?”

“You’re not leaving me.”

He placed the palms of his hands on each side of Chanyeol’s neck to push him away, but Chanyeol covered Wufan’s large hands with his own and steadied them like so.

“You can’t stop me,” Wufan replied.

Chanyeol repeated himself. “Where are you going?”

“Probably to Yixing’s room.”

“Why?”

“None of your business.”

 “You don’t even know where he is.”

“I can find out,” Wufan quipped. “Look, I really need to get out of here.”

Chanyeol sighed. “And I’m not letting you leave. We’ve been over this already, hyung.”

“Why?”

“I asked why first.”

“Are you really going to play that game?”

“Yes.”

“You’re so immature.”

“What? It’s a perfectly fine method to use.”

“It’s tacky.”

“But it works.”

“Whatever.”

“Please just tell me.”

“Fine.”

“…”

Silence passed.

“…”

“Well?” Chanyeol pressed.

“Look, what I did back there was a mistake,” Wufan breathed out, “and when I make mistakes, I go to Yixing. That’s all.”

“But that wasn’t a mistake!” Chanyeol snapped.

Wufan laughed bitterly. “Yes, it was. What else would you call getting kissed by a dinosaur?”

Chanyeol’s eyes widened, and he backed away from Wufan. He furrowed his eyebrows and raked a hand over his hair. Wufan fought down the urge to smooth it out. Chanyeol sighed and opened his mouth to speak. “You misunderstood me.”

“No,” Wufan retorted, “I heard you crystal clear.”

“I wasn’t calling you a bad kisser or anything,” Chanyeol said sheepishly. “I was just saying that you didn’t exactly give feather-light kisses like you probably thought you did.”

“That’s not the point,” Wufan glared.

Chanyeol glared back. “Then what is?”

“The point is that I shouldn’t have kissed you in the first place.”

Chanyeol kissed him again.

This time, it was a hard and bruising kiss, as if Chanyeol was trying to spite him. His tongue prodded insistently until Wufan slightly opened his mouth. He fought down his gag reflex with Chanyeol’s tongue nearly down his throat and held Chanyeol’s face between his hands as they kissed and kissed and kissed until he ran out of air.

Suddenly, Chanyeol gripped his shoulders and shoved him hard. Wufan stumbled backwards and they toppled back onto the bed, realizing that Chanyeol had been smoothly maneuvering him back as he distracted Wufan with his mouth. .

Wufan pulled away from the kiss and pinned Chanyeol to the bed. Chanyeol met his gaze coolly, although small pants came out of his mouth and his chest heaved up and down.

Chanyeol’s voice was raspy and hoarse. “Don’t even try to tell me that was a mistake.”

At that moment, Wufan gave in.

Wufan unceremoniously dropped himself on Chanyeol, the latter coughing and trying to regain the breaths he lost from the sudden weight. He hugged Chanyeol and snuggled into the crook of his shoulder.

“Chanyeol di,” Wufan whispered, “Let’s go back to sleep, okay? It’s too early.”

He shut his eyes and pretended to start snoring before the boy could react. It really was a bit too early for a full-on make out session, anyways. As he began to drift out of consciousness, Chanyeol’s retort made him chuckle.

“It’s almost noon…”

 

x

 

* "Please don't go."

A/N: In the middle of writing this chapter, I realized that this was the ending I'd been trying to write for Do The Creep (although the personalities would've completely switched). SIGHHH. XD

Would you like a Baekhyun/Tao side-story to this or a "behind the scenes" epilogue in which the members go wake up the sleeping couple? Or should I stop thinking about new stories like an idiot and go finish my current ones? ^^"

 

x

 

Edit: a Baekhyun/Tao side-story/sequel should be up this weekend, in which everything is explained, such as how Kris woke up in the wrong room and left poor Chen all by himself. T ^ T