Once Upon An Evening...

Oneshot: Table for Two
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Damn it. Pick up the phone. Where the hell are you? You kept on saying at the back of your mind, trying to control yourself from throwing a fit. 

 

“Sorry but the line you are trying to reach is either unattended or out of coverage area. Please try your call later.” Before the operator could repeat her famous recorded speech for unanswered phone calls, you instantly clicked the red button on your mobile and heaved a sigh.

 

 

You’ve called your boyfriend for the nth time but he didn’t even bother answering any of it. It was your first year anniversary as a couple. You both decided to meet up at a coffee house near your school, where he agreed to pick you up and then go somewhere else to celebrate it.

 

However, an hour had passed already and on top of that, he was still missing in action.

 

You wanted to burst into tears already, but you try not to since you wouldn’t want to be getting all the attention from other people within the vicinity. Some of them were even your schoolmates. As a few of them passed by, you tried to compose yourself; and acted as if everything’s okay. You flashed a sly smile to those who greeted you.

 

Way to go for showing a great disguise. You told yourself. You just really shuddered at the thought of becoming the talk of the town.

 

You looked at your watch again and let out a deep sigh. You buried your face on your palm as you try to shake off all the negative vibes out of your system. He’s still coming. You told yourself for reassurance.

 

A tall figure suddenly appeared in front of you.  You didn’t bother looking up until you heard the person speak.

 

 “So, your boyfriend stood you up again?” There he was standing, holding his black laptop with his signature smirk plastered on his face.

 

He’s none other than your hot yet totally conceited Korean classmate, Cho Kyuhyun. You admit that he’s overflowing with hotness but you never really liked his snarky personality. Your other girl classmates are falling head over heels for him but his charms just never really worked for you.

 

“Shut it, Cho Kyuhyun.” You told him in a dead pan tone as you rolled your eyes at him. You leaned on the table and cupped your face in between your hands as you stared at the empty chair across you.

 

“You know, everyone in our class calls me Kyuhyun Oppa, except you. You’re different.” Kyuhyun told you as he sat on that empty chair across you.

 

You were now sitting face to face with him. He leaned a little closer towards you and was intently looking in your eyes as he waited for your reply. A smile formed on his lips, and you suddenly found it very attractive that you felt as if your blood were all rushing to your cheekbones.  

 

Oh dear God. That smile. You heard your thoughts spoke. You felt your heart thumping hard on your chest.

 

No, no, no. You are not feeling attracted to him, girl! You already have a boyfriend. Remember that! You reminded yourself instantly because you’re so afraid to commit a crime called attempted betrayal.

 

“What’s wrong with being different? What’s it to you, anyway?” You told him with a hint of annoyance in your voice.

 

You leaned back on your chair, and looked away from him. Instead, you searched for the entrance door, hoping that one of those people entering would be your beloved boyfriend.

 

From your peripheral vision though, you saw Kyuhyun peeping through you even if he already had his laptop opened in front of him. You were feeling conscious already but you tried not to mind him. Instead, you thought of other things as a form of distraction.

 

Hmm... What’s a nice place to go to tonight? How about in---

 

“Why are your cheeks turning red?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked you, interrupting your thoughts, with a smug look on his face.

 

“Excuse me?” You said as you raised an eyebrow at him.

 

“I said you’re blushing, miss and...” He paused for awhile, carefully thinking of what to say next, and as if a light bulb appeared on the top of his head, he added, “Ah, I think I know the reason why.” He then fixed back his gaze on his laptop.

 

A devious grimace was visible on his lips as he ran a hand through his rumpled brown hair. His eyes were fixated on his laptop screen as he bit his lips.

 

“Oh ! That’s hot!” You muttered to yourself, not realizing it was loud enough for Kyuhyun to hear.

 

“I know right.” Kyuhyun told you, still not removing his gaze from his laptop as he plays Star Craft, his favortie game; or as you would call it, his girlfriend. You also thought that maybe one of the reasons why he doesn’t have a real girlfriend was because he loves Star Craft more than anything else in this world.

 

When Cho Kyuhyun plays Star Craft, he can never be bothered. He won’t even notice the existence of other people. It was a bit surprising for you to know that he’s actually talking to you as he plays.

 

Weird. This isn’t normal. You told yourself, making sure those words won’t escape your mouth.

 

While Kyuhyun was not looking, you eyed him carefully, examining every detail of him: his straight brown hair (which was a little messy now yet still suits him very well), those expressive round eyes, sharp nose, and lastly, those kissable lips.

 

Now I think I understand why my classmates adore him so much. If only he wasn’t narcissistic, I’d probably date him.

 

“You know, I could give you a kiss if you really want one.” You were shocked to hear Kyuhyun speak. He was looking at you, trying to contain his laughter.

 

You didn’t realize that you were staring at him (specifically his lips) for quite awhile already, and what’s even worse was that your lips were already pouting.

 

My, my. This is so embarrassing. Your inner voice said. You instantly removed the pout on your lips and tried to compose yourself again.

 

“Just play Star Craft, okay?” You snapped at him, trying to defend yourself from shame.

 

He just laughed at you and went back to doing his business. You avoided yourself from looking at him again.  If only the place was not full, you would have transferred to another table already. That leaves you with no choice but to stay with him. Instead, you just looked at the door again, hoping that your boyfriend will come already.

 

Speaking of which, when the door opened, it was your boyfriend who entered the vicinity. You breathed a sigh of relief.

 

“Thank God he’s finally here!” You said excitedly as you stood up from your chair to meet your boyfriend, not even bothering to say goodbye to Kyuhyun.

 

You were about to take your first step when you suddenly saw another girl approaching your b

Please log in to read the full chapter