1 Un

Project: Pimp That Dude

 

The room was laced with scented candles flickering and mingling a cozy mood, Champage in flute glasses sparkle from the illumination as bubbles fizz its way to the top. A cheese board containing a few yet succulent choices of cheeses rests elegantly on a glass table decorated with sweet ruby red grapes freshly picked and shipped from a French vineyard.

 

The voice of a John Legend set on loop serenaded the room as the two lovers rest on the lavish sofa of a hotel suite.

 

The air was screaming romance yet why do these lovers look so off?

 

She sat by the edge of the couch, hands clasped as she bit on her perfectly glossed lips.

He nestled in the opposite edge of the fine Italian sofa, head hung low with his hands sitting nervously on his lap.

 

“I don’t think this is gonna work, Bae. You’re a really good guy… overly nice if I should emphasize. It’s just that…”

“Just what, babe? We’ve been together 2 years.”

 

His brows crinkle with eyes pleading as she shifts on her seat to face him, ready to call it quits.

“The two years together was great, you’re so nice to me and all. It’s just… I think I got bored.”

 

Rising from his seat, he cussed with such disbelief. She’s not breaking up because there’s another guy, she’s breaking up because he’s too good for her? Oh please, this was supposed to be a romantic date for their 2nd anniversary, for crying out loud.

 

“Jesus Christ, Eun Hye. What else do I have to do to make you happy?!”  First girlfriend, first heartbreak… a lot of firsts with this girl which makes her so damn hard for him to let go.

 

“That’s not it, Bae. I know it’s unfair but I can’t do this anymore. You’re too nice to me, you ‘re so meek and mild, too gentle—we never even slept together. But that’s not the point. I gotta go. Be safe, Bae. I’m sorry.”

 

“Babe, wait. Babe!” The door shut right at his face. He wanted to run after her, plead her and kneel down to beg her to come back but then again he didn’t. He fumbled thru his pocket to find his phone and dialled the only person he thought he needed.

 

“Wae?” The other line was quick to pick up. Good thing you have friends, Youngbae thought.

 

“Jiyong. It’s Eun Hye.” He started.

 

“What about? It’s your anniversary today, right? Did Seungri screw up on setting up the hotel room? I’m gonna beat his if he did.” Jiyong chuckled over the phone, his mood was pretty light probably because the group’s on 1 month vacation after ending their recent promotions.

“She broke up with me.” Youngbae concluded with almost a whisper.

 

“SHE WHAT?? Aigoo~ That seriously . Oh baby girl, hold on just a sec--.” his friend’s voice boomed through his ear, YB can hear ruffling sounds on the background with a woman’s muffled giggle.

Youngbae cleared his throat as he paused over the phone, waiting for his best friend to settle down and continue what he was saying while doing God knows what with another girl on the other line.

 

“You busy, man?” YB asked.

Mhhmph. Uh nope. I’m all ears, I—ahhhhh. .” Jiyong groaned sending a surprised look to his comrade.

 

“Okay. That wasn’t called for. You guys finish w-whatever. Just call me when you’re done.”

 

With a single click, the call ended. Youngbae stuffed his phone back to his pocket and went for the door. This crazed rabbit, oh I better head out and drink.

 

------------