Four

Compared to Yesterday

 

“Tomorrow, don’t forget to bring your Periodic Tables! No periodic table, no quiz! Understood?”

“Yes Ma’am.” The class replied in unison.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” The Chemistry teacher replied to her class before leaving the classroom.

 

Mrs. Kim, the Chemistry teacher was quite a good start for any class. She was the paramount of all teachers. She was indeed strict, disregarding and the cruel of all cruel teachers in Earth. No wonder why: almost all of her students detest her. Students from the last school year banged and pushed the chairs down when their Chemistry class was totally over. On the other hand, Mr. Jung, the History teacher was the complete opposite. He knows how to handle class and have fun, of course at the proper time. He entered section 3-B’s classroom with a friendly expression. It was his first time meeting the kids. As expected, the students liked him a lot. Mr. Jung Yunho is a fresh graduate from Seoul National University, one of the most prestigious one surrounding South Korea.

 

“Any ideas with History, class?” Mr. Jung asked the students, indicating the start of recitation.

Seohyun raised her right hand shyly. “Yes, what’s your name?”

“Seo Juhyun imnida. But you could call me Seohyun.”

“Seohyun. Could you share your ideas with the class?”

“History is a clock that people use to tell their political and cultural time of day. It is also a compass that people use to find themselves on the map of human geography.”

“Very well said Seohyun. And you, mister? What is history’s main purpose?”

“History enables us to understand the past better.” The guy with panda-bear eyes replied.

“And your name?”

“Seungri imnida.”

“At least I’ve heard Seohyun and Seungri’s opinions. I would like to hear more.” Mr. Jung took his master list and started searching for names. “Choi Seunghyun. Choi Seunghyun, stand up.”

 

“Oh, you are a tall man!” Yunho said as he was walking towards Seunghyun.

“Does history help you in your daily life?”

“Ne.” He modestly replied.

“How does it affect you?”

“History made me realize about the mistakes people commit in their lives. If you take my life for example, I obviously had some mistakes in the past. I made mistakes in my previous history which would help me correct things and make it better for my approaching future.”

“So does that mean, History helps you in correcting the previous mistakes in your life?”

“Ne.”

 

Tiffany was somewhat uneasy hearing those words regarding history. She was his only history. One and only. Plus, the mere fact that Seunghyun was glancing at her every other time. She knew he was making it obvious to her.

 

 


 

 

February 23, 2007

 

Text message from Tiffany:

Seunghyun-a! Dad wants to see you. Go over at our house, okay?

Call me when you’re on your way already. Take care. I love you!

 

He didn’t hesitate to see her family right away. Both Tiffany and Seunghyun were both open to their family, even their relationship. Both of their parents know their status. He called Tiffany as she instructed him, and landed in front of their house safely. Tiffany brought him in and took the seat on their sofa as Tiffany shouted. “Dad! Seunghyun’s already here!”

 

 

“Oh, really?” The dad went downstairs so fast.

“Seunghyun-a!” Tiffany’s dad exclaimed.

“Annyeong haseyo Abonim.”

“Oh, I forgot something. Tiffany could you get my reading glasses at the cabinet?”

“What cabinet?” Tiffany asked.

“Just go search for it. Go. Faster.” His dad seemed to make Tiffany hurry.

“Abonim, Tiffany specifically told me you wanted me to show up here?”

“Yes. We’ve got something to talk about.”

“What is it, abonim?”

“Break-up with Tiffany.”

“But sir… I love your daughter, I could never do that to her. And what makes you say these words sir?”

“I honestly don’t like you for her.”

“Sir, I love your daughter.”

“But I don’t like you.” Tiffany’s dad insisted.

 

“If you don’t break up with her, I’ll make sure your life gets miserable.”

 


 

“And…. If you were given a chance to fix one of your mistakes in the past, what would it be?”

“I would like to bring someone back to me.”

“Who is that person?”

“She’s a very special one for me.”

“She? Could you tell me a clue oppa?” His little sister replied.

“What was that Soojin! You were just asking for a little interview on your home work and now you’re invading my personal life? You’re still young. I’ll tell you when you’re already thirteen.”

“Sorry oppa. I’ll go now. Good night.” Soojin said and kissed her brother’s cheek.

 

Seunghyun then decided to open the radio. The song was a mellow one which made him more comfortable. He may not understand the message of the song because it’s in Japanese language, but his heart and mind was captivated by a line. “I need a time machine.”

 

He smiled to his self and felt pain in his heart. “If only I could have a time machine, Tiffany. I shouldn’t have let you go.”


Hi guys! Sorry for the late update! I have been busy for the past few days, so I hope you understand. Trololol anyway, thank you subscribers! I hope you can continue reading the fan fic! I'm kinda disappointed too, because I would get more views but lesser comments. I wish you could leave next time. I also don't know if I could end this fic. I'm running out of ideas. :|