Fairy godmother

Fairytales exist right?

 

"Junggie!!"

A voice echoed the huge mansion. The sound of footsteps coming down from the spiral ladder was heard.

"Junggie? Where are you?!" she cried

"I'm in the garden!"

She ran outside and found the latter on a wooden bench. She was holding a book in her hands and took off her glasses. She smiled at the girl who was holding two different dresses in her hand. One was light pink and had a big bow at the side and the other was a black cocktail dress.

"Which one do you think?"

"The pink one, you look best in soft colours."

"Thanks unnie!"

She smiled and closed her book.

"What are they for anyway?"

The girl turned to her unnie and looked at her, wearing a surprised expression.

"You don't remember?"

Eunjung put her book on her lap and started to think. She sighed and shrugged when she couldn't think of the reason. The latter tsked at her and shook her head while wagging her finger towards the older.

"I can't believe you would forget the ball for your sixteenth birthday unnie!" she crossed her arms. Eunjung looked at her then let out a deep sigh.

"Why can't we just have a small get together? Mom knows how much I hate balls!"

"But it's your sixteenth birthday unnie!! Of course, Mom would want to celebrate it!" she rolled her eyes at her sister.

"What's going on?" a pretty woman came in.

"Mom! Tell unnie that she needs to go to that ball! She won't go!" she pouted. The woman sighed and looked at her daughter and step daughter.

"Junggie, please, just this once. Let us celebrate your birthday okay? It doesn't come every day you know, it on-"

"-ly comes once a year. I know Mom. Fine, I'll go." she pouted. Her step mother and sister high-fived at their victory.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

8.00PM

 

Eunjung was in her room, freaking out. She didn't know what to wear. She didn't take interest in fashion or any of that girly stuff her sisters, Hwayoung and Hyoyoung were into. She was the complete opposite. She really hated when they talk about fairy tales and hoping to meet their prince charming at a ball. Those were just made-up. It couldn't possibly be true and love at first sight? Who the hell gets married right after they met? That's crazy!

 

"Aish! This is driving me insane!" she looked at the dresses she had. They weren't bad but they weren't spectacular either. They were just above average. 

Her room was in a mess. The shoes in a corner, dresses on her queen-sized bed, make-up scattered across her dresser. She was mentally slapping herself. Oh, why did she have to agree with this?!

 

Because birthdays don't come every day-

 

"Okay I get it! Could you go away now?!" she yelled. Damn! Even her mind was playing tricks on her. She let out a deep sigh.

"Maybe I should just cancel..." she mumbled.

"NOT ON MY WATCH!" the door swung open and revealed Hwayoung with a determined smile plastered onto her face.

"Oh! What's the use? Unless you have a dress my size that I can borrow, then I'm gonna cancel it."

"Nope but..." she snapped her fingers and in an instant a crowd of what seemed to be a team of makeup artists, fashion designers and hair stylists entered her room. Eunjung was staring at them with agape.

"H-how did you afford to hire them?!" she burst.

"Dad's credit card." she simply replied.

Eunjung was about to object the makeover when Hwayoung pulled her to the dresser and instructed the team of designers to get started. She judged every single hairstyle her sister tried, every dress and every shade of makeup. After nearly 2 hours on the task, Hwayoung was finally pleased with the results. The stylists, hair dressers and designers were too tired so Hwayoung invited them to stay at the ball. They all gladly complied.

She stared at her step sister in awe. She had to admit, she was even more beautiful than usual. Eunjung who had been anticipating the results of her makeover, was staring at Hwayoung, obviously nervous to look at the mirror. Hwayoung caught this and turned her sister around to face the mirror.

There, stood Eunjung with a surprised expression and Hwayoung with a proud smile on her face.

"I have to say, you're my finest work!" Hwayoung beamed. The corners of Eunjung's mouth tugged and formed a smile. She turned towards her sister and pulled her into a big bear hug.

"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I'm so getting you the T-ARA album for your birthday!!" she exclaimed excitedly.

Hwayoung froze in her position by her sisters words.

"Chincha?! YAY!! Wait, and their concert?"

"Yes, and their concert." she rolled her eyes.

Hwayoung did a victory dance and Eunjung shook her head at her sister. She turned towards the mirror once again and stared at herself. She didn't even recognize her own self. It was a strange feeling. She once felt..... pretty.

"I still can't believe that it's me..." she mumbled.

"You should thank your fairy godmother, oh my lovely sister." Hwayoung replied. Eunjung turned to her and smacked her head.

"Oww! What was that for?!"

"I don't care if you helped me but there is no such thing as fairy godmothers." she crossed her arms in doing so.

"Fine, go live in your I-don't-believe-in-fairytales bubble. See if I care." she said and stuck her tongue out. She walked out of her sister’s room and Eunjung sat on the bed. She took one last look at herself.

 

Okay, maybe fairy godmothers don't exist. But if they do, she'd be one hell of a good one.

 

 

 

A/N: First chapters up!! *doing a victory dance* hehe... :3

Two more to go!! Thanks to all the lovely subscribers!!

I <3 U

 

JangSooMin