Chapter 2: my Heart— could it be his?

My Heart

 

Ryeowook woke up in the hospital, he’s having angina pectoris (chest pain), and he woke up form a dream. He had just his heart transplant.

He talked to his doctor about his heart transplant.

Ryeowook:  Dr. Kang, can I know the donor of my heart?

Dr. Kang: I’m sorry but it is confidential. Why do you want to know?

Ryeowook: it’s just that I’ve dreamt about someone, a woman crying, a hostage taking, and a man shot in his head. It’s new to me; I haven’t seen or knew them.

Dr. Kang: well all I can say is that what you’ve dreamt of was an exact situation of what had happened a year ago, but I cannot tell you the details anymore.

Ryeowook: neh, I understand.

Dr. Kang: but if you really want to know, you can write the National Heart Center, and they can forward your letter to the donor’s family.

Ryeowook: I’ll do that, thank you Dr. Kang.

Dr. Kang: okay, I’ll do my rounds now, if you have anything you want just call the nurses’ station.

Ryeowook: yes. Dr. Kang thanks.

Ryeowook is really bothered about it, so he sent a letter to the Nat’l Heart Center. The center replied that they will forward the message to the donor’s family.

2 months after:

It would be Ryeowook ‘s last year in college, and he have a new heart, but strange things started to happen, he’s having same dreams, he dreamt of a girl being held as hostage, a policeman shot in the head, and a hospital scene. He also dreamt of the girl standing in front of Namsan Tower, she seemed really sad and she’s crying.

At school:

Ryeowook: who are you? Why am I seeing you always? Who is this woman in my dreams?

Someone spoke from behind:

Shindong: who else?! Maybe she’s your dream girl.

Ryeowook looked back and saw it was Shindong.

Ryeowook: hyung! It’s you!

Shindong: aigoo! Why do you always talk to yourself?

Ryeowook: yeah... I’m just curious about my dreams. I’m seeing a woman, she’s crying in front of Namsan tower.

Shindong: maybe she’s your dream girl.

Ryeowook: it all started right after my heart transplant.

Shindong: do you believe in the saying “what the mind forgets, the heart won’t and will never forget.”? Maybe that’s what’s happening to you right now.

Hyohyeon: maybe you’re just carrying the memories that heart used to have. Aish! How dramatic!

Ryeowook: noona! Yeah... but it really bothers me so much.

Donghae: waah! That must be very hard for you. Aigoo! How melodramatic, but do you know what class you’re in this semester?

Ryeowook: I’m on 4-A, how about you?

All: same!

Ryeowook: wow! You really don’t want to leave me?

Donghae: we’re here to take care of you.

When Ryeowook saw Roxshi his heart suddenly ached and he saw flashbacks of the man with the girl who’s in front of him.

Ryeowook excused himself as Shindong and Donghae brought him to the infirmary.

Roxshi: is he Kim Ryeowook? What happened to him?

Hyohyeon: he’s having chest pain again…

Roxshi: wae?

Hyohyeon: he have a new heart, he’d undergone a heart transplant just two months ago. And he said he keeps on dreaming of someone. A man being shot in the head and a girl crying in front of Namsan tower.

Roxshi; by any chance… did he saw the woman’s face?

Hyohyeon: he said he cannot recognize her… but why are you curious?

Roxshi: about heechul oppa’s heart…maybe he has it…

Few weeks had passed, whenever Ryeowook sees Roxshi he always feels chest pain and the visions of the hostage taking and the woman crying becomes more vivid…Ryeowook cannot take it any longer so he told Roxshi about it, just when Ryeowook will tell her, she’d received the letter forwarded from the Heart Center, and it came from Ryeowook.

Ryeowook: Roxshi… I have something to tell you.

Roxshi: nado… I’ve received your letter from the heart center… so it is you who had Heechul oppa’s heart?

Ryeowook: that’s what I would like to tell you, my visions have become more vivid… and my dreams they’re all referring to you…

Roxshi: that’s why I always think of you as heechul oppa! You do the things that he did for me, you say the things that he’d said.

Ryeowook: I’m sorry… I didn’t know…

Roxshi: its okay, I know you don’t know.

As time goes by, Ryeowook and Roxshi became close to each other, and soon enough Ryeowook asked her to be his yeojachingu.

Ryeowook: Roxanne Lee, we’ve been friends for a long time already, I wanted to take this opportunity to know you more, although I know that you still can’t forget heechul hyung, can you be my yeojachingu? If you can’t answer me now… I can wait…

Roxshi: you may have oppa’s heart but please give me time…

Ryeowook: I understand