Daesung

Be My Angel

Daesung's hands shook as he gripped onto the papers, now becoming slightly damp from the sweat on his palms. His once dark red hair had been died to a burgundy, and was now down to his shoulders, with a big chunk of it covering his eyes.

"Yah! Kang Daesung!" a woman called from his side, elbowing him in the stomach. Shocking him away from the dark crevases of his mind.

"Oh sorry Aunt..." Daesung managed to choke out, his throat dry.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" The woman asked him, taking off her large sunglasses to look into Daesung's terrified eyes.

"Deh..I have to Aunt. I can't continue on being the internet start. If I do people might find out who I am. And that will not be very good for Umma." he said, gulping down some saliva, hoping to at lest moisten his dry throat. The woman by him sighed, replacing her sunglasses back on her face, turning to grab the door handle of the black car behind her.

"You have my number. Call if anything starts to go wrong. And I mean anything." she said, yanking open the car door and sliding in. She pushed the key in, letting the car engine turn over before rolling down her window, looking at Daesung one last time.

"Good luck nephew." she said with the faintest of smiles before speeding off. As soon as her car was out of sight, Daesung let out a long shaky sigh of relief. He turned his attention back to the brick building in front of him.

"Stop acting like this." He scolded himself. "You're Kang Daesung! Lucifer! The great internet rock star! You can handle a stupid college audition!" He made one of his hands into a fist. "Fighting!" He shouted before running up the concrete stairs, pushing open the big glass doors to the school. A few of the students turning to look at the strange boy who was giving himself a very loud pep talk. Once inside Daesung handed a piece of paper to a elder woman behind a table that had been set up in hallway just for today's activities. The woman looked up from the paper, looking Daesung up and down, before handing him a white paper with the number "63" written in big black letters.

"Kamshamida." Daesung said, bowing at a 90 degree angle before leaving the desk to walk into what seemed to be one of the school's dance studios. He walked over to the only unoccupied corner of the room, sliding down the wall, to look at the scrip and sheet music he held in his hand. He puffed his cheeks out before letting out another long sigh.

"Aunt wasn't happy at all.." he said to himself, once again his stomach beginning to churn, his body beginning to shake with nerves. He closed his eyes, leaning his head back against the cool wall, taking in a deep breath.

~Flashback~

"Daesung are you insane!?" His aunt shouted, beginning to stomp back and forth in front of the boy, still dressed in his concert attire.

"I have to do this! What if the paparazzi get a picture of me?! They'll find out who I am! And I can't do that to Umma!" He said, slowly taking off his black diamond mask, tossing it to the floor in front of him.

"This gig isn't working for me anymore Aunt. I need out. I need to go back to a normal life!" he said, his dark eyes starting to fill with tears.

"Don't you dare start crying on me!" His aunt hissed, looking back at him. She stopped her obsessive pacing to look at her nephew, he looked tired and upset. His face warn, and dark circles were forming under his eyes, all traces of a smile, gone.

"I'm not crying!" he shouted back, sniffling and rubbing his eyes with his hands, attempting to get rid of the forming tears. Daesung had never been much of a strong man, and he showed his emotions easily. The fact that his aunt held no true feelings for anyone, only really caring about the money that Daesung was earning her, wasn't helping in his weak state.

"Fine!" She finally said. "You can go to that stupid school! But you only have one chance! And I mean one! And you better not call me within the first month telling me you want to come home." she snapped, turning to walk out of the dressing room, but not before she caught a small glimpse of a forming smile on Daesung's lips. She scoffed, slamming the door behind her.

~End Flashback~

"Hello? Helloooo? HELLO!" Said a loud voice, snapping Daesung out from his day dream and back to reality. He looked up from the legs in front of his face to see a some what short, muscular man standing in front of him. The boy's face was kind, despite his strong domineer, and his black hair had been shaved at the sides, forming into a mohawk. Daesung smiled slightly at this, he guessed it was to make up for his height.

"Yah! What are you staring at?" The boy asked with a slight pout.

"Oh..ah...sorry.." Daesung quickly looked down at the papers in his hands. The boy chuckled slightly before sitting down beside Daesung. Daesung moved closer to the mirrored wall, looking at the man beside him.

"Can I help you?" Daesung asked, gulping slightly. The man chuckled pointing to the papers in Daesung's hands.

"You're audition piece. It's the same as mine. So I thought we could maybe practice together." He smiled, his small eyes turning into half moons. Daesung looked down at his shaking hands, reading up and down the paper before returning his gaze to the boy.

"You're doing Cats as well?" He asked. The boy nodded holding up a script for Daesung to see.

"See? Same act lines and everything!" The boy said.

"B-Bho?! Jinja?!" Daesung's small dark eyes widened in shock. How could someone pick the same play as me?! He thought to himself.

"Yah, don't be so shocked. Cats is a popular play. I wouldn't be surprised if we weren't the only people with this play. But I do guess that's it's strange that we have the same act." He shrugged his shoulders. "Anyways, want to practice together or not?" The stranger asked once again, this time a bit more demanding.

"Sure..." Daesung mumbled, looking down at the papers. "but I would like it if I knew who was helping me." he said, his voice finally a bit less shaky. The boy held out a hand for Daesung to shake.

"I'm Young Bae, and you?" he said, Daesung took his hand.

"Daesung..Kang Daesung."

"Well Daesung. Lets get to practicing!" The boy stood up quickly, taking Daesung with him. For being short, he sure is strong...

The boys practiced their lines from the musical, getting a few stares from people who weren't sure what they were doing. When soon a voice rang clear through the room.

"Number 63!" Daesung stopped, mid-line, looking at his new found friend.

"That's me. I better get going now. Thank you Youngbae!" he said, giving Young Bae a small bow before running to the door.

'Yah! Daesung!" Young Bae shouted. Daesung stopped at the door, turning to look at Young Bae.

"Fighting!" Youngbae shouted, making his hand into a fist, and giving Daesung one of his eye smiles. Daesung repeated his actions, smiling with his brilliant eye smile before running out of the room to go for his audition.

 

Author's Note: Here we have it! The first chapter to Be My Angel! I'm actually slightly disappointed with it, but I didn't want to make you guise wait any longer! And yes I may have a few spelling errors but please don't hate me for it TT.TT.

Seunghyun probably will not be in the next chapter, just depends on how I plan this part out. Sorry for all you people wanting to see him! D: I promise to have the next chapter out soon, but I do have two other stories that I'm working on. (however this is my favourite so far ^^;) Gomawo to all my subscribers!