Jobs

Jobs

 

“You don’t get it do you? It’s kind of my job to act like that!”

 

Kangin threw his hands up in the air as his hyung and best friend patiently tried to explain his ‘job’ to him.

 

“Why are you doing this again?”

 

“That really is none of your concern Kangin.” Leeteuk glared.

 

“Excuse me?” Kangin couldn’t believe what he was hearing. Did Leeteuk just say that it was none of his business?

 

“None of my business? How could it not be my business? Who’s the only one that has stood by you all these years?!” Kangin yelled at the older male.

 

“I didn’t ask you to stay. You’re free to go at any time you know.” Leeteuk simply stood and walked up the stairs towards his room.

 

“And what would you do without me?” Kangin yelled up the stairs after him.

 

A door slamming was the only answer he got.

 

“Well you to!” Kangin flipped the door off and stomped out the door.

 

If he had just walked up those stairs and listen he might have heard the pain filled sobs that came out of that room, he might have heard the strain in the voice as he tried to hold back his pain, maybe, just maybe, Kangin would have seen what he had been missing all these years.

 

“I’m so sorry Kangin.”

 

 

 

 

“The nerve of that guy!” Kangin muttered angrily as he stormed down the side walks occasionally earning him a few strange looks but he merely glared in return.

 

“Woah, someone is pissed.”

 

Kangin turned to see his, and Leeteuk’s, friend Heechul and his boyfriend Hankyung,

 

“What did he do this time?” Heechul smirked.

 

“Who?” Kangin grunted and continued down the side walk.

 

“Leeteuk. Who else could make you this pissed off.” Heechul laughed as he caught up to his friend.

 

“Just his job.” Kangin muttered.

 

“Did you even let him explain?” Hankyung asked.

 

“What is there to explain? My best friend is a freaking ?! He sells himself for a living. What else do I need to know?” Kangin ranted.

 

“And I’m guessing you didn’t know…?” Hankyung guessed.

 

Kangin merely stopped where he was and looked back at Hankyung, letting his eyes do the talking. He hadn’t known. He hadn’t known what his best friend had been doing, apparently for a while now, for a job. He hadn’t noticed a damn thing. That fact alone made him pissed off as but add the fact that Leeteuk hadn’t even told him but had in fact lied to him for years, to his face, didn’t help the situation either.

 

“Maybe there were reasons he didn’t tell you.” The smooth voice tried to soothe the other’s anger.

 

“Yeah I wouldn’t be able to tell any of ya’ll if I was out ing strangers for money every night.” Kangin rolled his eyes and rubbed his temple irritably. What a headache.

 

“Idiot.”

 

Both men turned to see Heechul glaring at them with his arms crossed over his chest.

 

“Excuse me?” Kangin sighed.

 

“You.” Heechul pointed at Kangin. “Are. An. Idiot.”

 

“How’d you figure that one?” Not in the mood to play mind games Kangin decided just to go along with it.

 

“Did you even consider how he might feel doing it? I think you’ve made it pretty clear how you feel about the job but did you even try to get his part of the story out of it?” Heechul asked plainly.

 

Now that he thought about it, he hadn’t. Kangin hadn’t even tried to see how Leeteuk felt about his little occupation. In fact he had pretty much walked out on his best friend and decided that he didn’t like it so he wasn’t going to put up with it.

 

‘Obviously he must like it otherwise he wouldn’t still be doing it.’ A part of Kangin’s mind tried to reason.

 

‘But he’s been through some pretty rough times lately.’ Another part was arguing.

 

“He must like it…” Kangin muttered and turned away from the couple.

 

“You really are an aren’t you?”

 

“What?” Kangin exclaimed angrily at the diva.

 

“What does Leeteuk even see in an idiot like you?” Heechul snorted and grabbed Hankyung’s hand, dragging him after him, “Come on Hankyung, let Mr. revel on his self-proclaimed glory throne.”

 

Kangin watched the two walk off. What had he missed here?