Who Your Friends Are

You've Got The Power

"Where are you going?" Hyosung said loudly as she saw a figure with blonde hair walking out of the house. It didn't come as a surprise to her that there came no reply.

Zelo walked out and sighed as the cool night air hit his face. He'd been holed up in his room whenever Hyosung was home, but he had difficulty breathing so he went out. Whenever Hyosung tried to strike up a conversation with him, he flared up, a warm feeling would form in his chest that left him seething with rage. He loathed her.

Lost in his own thought, he hadn't noticed where his own two feet had instinctively brought him, the elementary school he used to go to's playground. Sighing, he trudged over and sat on one of the swings, pulling out his phone. He needed company.

--

"Bring over food at the usual playground. I'm starving. If one of you doesn't bring cherry tomatoes, I'll kick your asses." Youngjae grimaced as he read the text  again. He knew his dongsaeng too well to know this was more than him being hungry.

Sighing, he got up and closed all the books he was working on. 

"What's wrong?" a small voice said from the doorway.

Youngjae turned around to see his younger sister's curious eyes looking up at him.

"Nothing.. I'm just going out." he replied with a kind smile as he started to strip.

The younger girl's hand shot up to cover your eyes.

"Yah!" she said irritably. "You should really warn me first." she laughed.

"Stop pretending you don't like it. If you ever get a boyfriend, you should check if they have as much of a nice body as mine." Youngjae laughed as he pulled on a blue shirt.

"Do your friends have nice bodies?" she asked curiously.

"Minhyeon-ah!" Youngjae said sternly, knowing who she was really asking about. "No, Jongup doesn't have a nice body. Now go do your homework."

His younger sister giggled, not even trying to hide her blush whenever Jongup was mentioned. She had met him a few times when Youngjae's friends came over to watch games on their living room, and she'd usually just sit on one side and admire Jongup from a far.

She knew full well that her brother was lying about Jongup's body. They went swimming one time and their parents had allowed Youngjae to go, under the condition that Minhyeon could go to. She asked that as her birthday present. So off they went, and she could remember she  went very red when they all took of their tops and jumped in the pool.

It had been a while since she saw Jongup so an idea formed in her head.

"Can I come? You're meeting up with them aren't you?" she asked cautiously.

"No chance, baby girl. It's almost midnight." Youngjae answered as he walked out of the room, and Minhyeon followed.

"Don't call me that!" Minhyeon said irritably when she caught up with him in the kitchen. 

"Sorry, I forgot, baby girl." Youngjae laughed, and seeing him bend over in the refrigerator, Minhyeon had an idea.

She intertwined her hands together, and formed a finger gun, poking Youngjae's deeply.

"AGH!" Youngjae jumped and hit his head. "Okay, okay, I won't call you that anymore!" he answered, rubbing his head.

"Hey, do we have cherry tomatoes?" he said distractedly as he pulled out his phone.

"Nope. Ate them all this afternoon." Minhyeon grinned.

Youngjae put down his phone and rummaged through the refrigerator once more. When he confirmed that the last of the cherry tomatoes had gone, he sighed.

"Well, I'm going. Go to sleep. Bye!" he called out as he ran out the door.

Minhyeon shook her head. She didn't think Youngjae wouldn't actually notice the cherry tomatoes she had hidden.

She laughed as she turned back to the refrigerator to pull the cherry tomatoes out from the vegetable drawer. When she straightened up and walked to the table to eat them, a blinking pink light caught her eye. Yougjae had left his phone. 

Minhyeon picked it up and thought of returning it to his room. She knew there was a password and didn't bother looking through it. But when her hands brushed the screen, it lit up and the message opened.

From: Blonde Brat

"Bring over food at the usual playground. I'm starving. If one of you doesn't bring cherry tomatoes, I'll kick your asses."

Minhyeon's heart thudded.

Was this Jongup? She thought.

Hitting her head in frustration, she closed the container and dashed out the door, forgetting to put on warmer clothes, and thinking the contact "Blonde Brat" was Jongup. She missed him and this might be a rare chance to see him again.

--

Zelo was having fun. Jongup had come first, recieving his message which he sent to all of his best friends, and brought cherry tomatoes.

"Thanks!" Zelo gave a cheeky grin and Jongup just shook his head.

"Want to practice dancing?" Jongup suggested, and Zelo agreed.

They practiced for a while, and the others had all come by then, except Youngjae, and everyone brought cherry tomatoes.

"You guys are the best~" Zelo cooed through a mouthful of his favorite food. Everyone just looked at him and smiled. They all knew what he was going through and they cared enough to drop whatever they were doing to come bring him cherry tomatoes in the dead of the night. Zelo thought it was selfish of him, but he was thankful for them.

Youngjae was the last one to arrive, apologizing that he didn't have the fruit in his refrigerator, muttering about how his younger sister had eaten it.

"Isn't she the cute one?" Jongup laughed, and even though it was dark, he was obviously blushing.

"Yah! She's two years younger than you!" Youngjae flared up, glaring at Jongup.

"Chill, hyung." Zelo laughed too. "He's just telling the truth." he stated, which earned him a bunch of confused looks.

Zelo remembered the times he had met Minhyeon. Two, to be exact. The first one was during Youngjae's birthday and they celebrated at their house. She came running downstairs and breathlessly handed a nicely wraped gift to her older brother. Then, when Youngjae busied himself marveling at the gift (She had gotten him his favorite game), she looked around and blushed scarlet when she caught sight of Jongup, who grinned at her. It wasn't exactly a secret that Youngae's little sister had a crush on Jongup.

The second time was when they went swimming. Minhyeon's eyes were trained on Jongup, who was oblivious, and when he took of his wife beater, the poor girl had her blood rushing to her face hand Zelo wondered if she was breathing.

"Looks like someone's got a crush." Yongguk's low voice reverbed throughout the playground and Zelo looked up.

"What are you talking about?" Zelo asked defensively

"Well, in case you haven't noticed, you're a shade darker." Himchan teased.

It was true. Zelo felt his ears burning up even though it was freezing outside.

He looked around to see Youngjae with the same confused expression, Jongup slightly glaring at him, and Daehyun, Himchan and Yongguk, enganged in conversation, glancing at him every now and then.

"Well speak of the devil!" Himchan called cheerfully.

They all looked up to see someone running to them, hair flying in the wind.

"Minhyeon-ah? What are you doing here?! Why are you alone?! Do you know what time it is!?" Youngjae shouted, horrified at the sight of his sister there.

She was bent over, one hand on her knees, the other hands holding two items. A pink phone, which Zelo recognized Youngjae's and his stomach gave a little flip when he realized she was holding a small container of cherry tomatoes.  Had she brought them for him? he thought.

"Shut..Up..Will..You?" she said breathlessly, glaring up at Youngjae.

She shoved him his phone and looked around. Eyes immediately falling on Jongup's and walked over to him.

"Here." she held out the contained.

Zelo's stomach felt like they were filled with lead.

"Huh?" Jongup asked confused.

"Didn't you want these?" she asked, puzzled. "I read your text to Youngjae oppa."

Oh, so that's why she brought them. Zelo thought. She thought it was for Jongup.

Jongup grinned sheepishly and shook his head.

"It was for Zelo.." he trailed.

And Minhyeon blushed a violent shade of red which Zelo has never seen before, he tried to stifle a laughter but his voice caught in his throat as she turned to Zelo and started walking towards him. He busied himself looking at his last container of cherry tomatoes, which were from Daehyun.

"Uhm.. Zelo oppa.. here.." she held it out, still blushing madly.

He took it and smiled, "Thanks, and you don't have to call me oppa." he was surprised at how smooth his voice sounded.

She nodded and scooted over to Youngjae who suddenly noticed what she was wearing.

Zelo couldn't help but be concerned too.

She was only wearing a white t-shirt and shorts. But before Zelo could offer his jacket, Jongup had already walked over and draped his coat over her.

If it was possible, she blushed even harder and Zelo caught himself glaring at Jongup.

"So, why did you call us out here?" Yongguk's voice cut his train of thought.

He couldn't tell them. Not with Minhyeon there. He only wanted to share his problems with his friends who've known him forever. He can't say anything with Minhyeon listening. He can't. he couldn't. 

But he did.

--

End of Chapter.

--

Oh my god, I knew this would happen! GAHH, it was supposed to be a one shot. Then I realized I couldn't make it too quick. But then I always end up dragging it on!

AGHHH

This will be a fourshot/five shot. I'll shoot myself if it gets longer. I promise