Part III

The Corner Store

 

Just like anyone would react in such a situation, Sehun’s first instinct was to run. The boy lunged at him and tried to hold him back, and this caused Sehun to drop the bags of groceries. He gasped when they fell from his grip, but couldn’t stop to pick them up. When he made it a few feet out of the store, he thought he was safe, until he heard footsteps behind him and someone shouting, “Thief! Stop running!” This only stirred even more fear and anxiety in Sehun and he tried to pick up his pace by pumping his legs as fast as he could.

 

Sehun got home without the grocery bags, and unfortunately ran into his aunt because they got home at the same time. Sehun was shocked; she came home earlier than he had anticipated. Seeing him without the groceries she had told him to pick up for her, she held to her ‘threat’ and grabbed the broom lying on her porch. Sehun knew what was going to come, so he braced himself for the pain and the humiliation of being hit right outside the house, where the neighbors and passersby could easily see. It was not the first time she hit him like this, but the curious eyes never did anything other than watch for a bit then look away.

 

Luhan, the boy who had chased after Sehun, was hiding behind a nearby building and saw everything that happened. He couldn’t believe how much that lady was hitting the boy. His parents would hit him when he misbehaved or did something wrong, but they were loving parents who did not abuse him. He felt sorry for the boy, and as he watched from behind the wall, he almost forgot that he had been chasing after the boy because he had stolen candy from the store.

 

Luhan was about to take a step toward the house, where the boy was crying alone on the porch, since the lady had gone inside. But then he suddenly remembered he had left the convenience store unattended in his hasty rush after the boy. Luhan had no choice but to go back without confronting him. Oh well, he thought. He got punished already.

 

Trying to be as stealthy as possible, Luhan made a quick exit from behind the wall and rushed back to the store, hoping he would make it there before his parents returned.

 

 

The next day at the store Luhan didn’t think of the boy who stole the piece of candy, and Sehun stayed at home and didn’t go to the convenience store. Their lives carried on as usual, with Sehun doing chores for his evil aunt and Luhan tending to the store while his parents were out taking care of other things.

 

It was a little more than two weeks later when Luhan saw the same boy at the store again. With suspicious eyes, Luhan watched the boy slowly make his way around the aisles, but this time the boy’s demeanor was different from the first time he was here.

 

Something caught Luhan’s attention; he squinted and tried to get a careful look. Was that…a bruise on the boy’s leg? It was huge, and a gross mix of blue, purple, and black. Luhan also quickly realized that the boy was walking with a limp. He was about to ask the boy if he needed any help, when the boy suddenly limped past Luhan as fast as he could and left the store, leaving Luhan to wonder what had just happened.

 

--

 

OMZ, I'm so sorry I took so long to post this part, guys~ I had writer's block and the past several weeks were crazy busy. I feel like this part is lame and I apologize for my lack of imagination and writing skills. I hope you guys will forgive me and are still sticking with me even though I kinda at writing and updating. ;A;

Thank youu for reading and commenting~~ I really appreciate it~~