Chapter 2.

Just Go With The Flow

 

                     It was another two months or so before I saw Kris again. I was already adapting to the life in here in Korea and was doing a good job with the language as well. I was exploring different parts of Seoul when I noticed Kris, sitting with another good looking male, who I now know as Lay, at a ddukbokki stand.  I guess he recognized me as well because he looked at me in a confused manner as I ordered some ddukbokki of my own and sat at the table next to theirs. I don’t know if I was hoping to get to know him somehow but a part of me was just screaming at me to go and sit down. I was enjoying my ddukbokki when I heard a loud crack in the sky. I let out a small scream when it had occurred, causing most of the people there to look at me, this included Kris and Lay. Embarrassed, I lowered my head and concentrated on finishing my food. I finished my ddukbokki quickly and was about to leave when I realized that I had forgotten to bring an umbrella. Frustrated, I swore in Mandarin under my breath only to hear two males chuckling. I turned around and saw Kris and Lay laughing.  I felt my cheeks heating up when I realized that their laughter was directed at me. I’m still embarrassed whenever I think about that day, I don’t usually cuss but it had slipped and just to my luck, two males who were fluent in Mandarin heard me.  I took my purse and put over my head to block the rain when a shadow casted by an umbrella had covered me. I looked up and saw a smiling Lay.

                “Here you can take this! I can share with him.” Lay had a large smile on his face and had spoken to me in Mandarin while pointing at the umbrella Kris was holding.

                “Oh no I can’t, how will I return this to you?” I was about to leave when Kris started to speak.

                “You’ll get sick if you walk out like that. You can bring it to the SM building if you want to return it to us. We’re trainees there and I remember seeing you there before.” So he does remember me.

                “Oh, ah, okay then thank you so much!” I took the umbrella from Lay’s hand.

                “I’m Yixing by the way! Just tell them you’re here to give something to Yixing and Kris when you return the umbrella.” Lay stretched out his hands to shake mine while I introduced myself before heading home.  I still find it hard to call Yixing by his stage name, why Lay?