A Bet Of Regret

I Thought He Was A Loser...

"I heard a new student is transferring to our school," a girl gossiped to one girl then another.

It seems like everyone is anticipating for the newcomer. Everyone is wondering who he or she will be, if they are rich, popular, handsome or beautiful...

Whilst everyone gossiped about the new student, Son Dongwoon arrived in school.

His limo stretched out and his butler opened it for him, he stepped out and rows of fan girls stood sighing helplessly. He flipped his hair before putting his backpack behind his back then walking off to the classroom.

Son Dongwoon is the kingka of Pilkun Academy, though he is known for his outrageous acts, he is one of the smartest students of the academy. 

He arrived in the classroom and spotted his friends.

"Dongwoon-ah!" Yoseob hugged, "I missed you."

"Yah! Stop acting like a baby," Dongwoon pushed him away and sat down.

Yoseob frowned and turned away.

Junhyung cleared his throat, "You looking forward for the new student?"

Hyunseung blinked, "Why is everyone so excited about this new student?"

"It's because Pilkun Academy rarely lets students in to the Academy specially when it's in the middle of a term," Doojoon explained.

Dongwoon sat there with his eyes focused on a water bottle, he squinted before speaking, "Wanna bet?... The newcomer is a girl."

Junhyung laughed, "Call! I'm for boy."

"Me too," Yoseob supported Junhyung.

"I'll have to go with Dongwoon," said both Hyunseung and Doojoon.

Dongwoon smirked, "Since we've already bet, let's go check out who won..."

Yoseob blinked, "But we can't, the new student isn't here yet."

"But how come I saw a figure of a girl enter the Principle's office?" Dongwoon smirked.

From then on, Junhyung sighed since he knew that he has completely lost from the bet.

Dongwoon held out his hand, "Pay up."

Junhyung handed his car keys hesitantly, "You can ride it for a week, but take care of it!"

Dongwoon laughed, "Whatever."

Hyunseung grew curious of the new student, "If the new student is a girl then does that mean our Dongwoon has a new target?"

Dongwoon sniggered, "Hyung, you're mistaken, I'm not going to play with this new chick... I'll let her settle in first."

Doojoon eyed Dongwoon, "So you're playing the waiting game?"

Dongwoon simply smirked and looked up to see the teacher has arrived.

*I guess I will need to play the waiting game,* he thought.

In the principle's office, Lee Mi Yoon stood before the principle.

"Mi Yoon-ssi, do you know why you're transferred to this school?"

Mi Yoon sighed, "Because my brother has to pay more than a million won just to get me in this school, because this school LOVES money, am I right?"

The principle chuckled, "Wrong! You're brother did pay but also, he wants you to mature because he knows that Pilkun Academy is the only suitable school for you."

She looked into her principle's eyes, "Do you think a commoner like me fits into this stupid high-class school?"

"No," the principle answered quickly, "But I do think that a commoner like you can turn into those you stupid high-class people in this stupid high-class school, don't you think?"

Mi Yoon frowned and stood up, "I demand to sue this school."

"Go on then, no one will stop you," the principle said relaxed.

Suddenly, she smiled in front of the principle, "Since you're so helpful towards commoners like me, why don't you just show me to my classroom?"

"So I see that you're going to be nice from today on?"

Mi Yoon fakely laughed, "Of course! Because people in this school won't be able to survive if they don't fake their personalities just to please people."

The principle sighed and stood up.

During lessons, the principle interrupted Dongwoon's class and the principle entered, "Hello students, as you know there is a new student."

Everyone started whispering from left to right. Dongwoon sat up, he was anticipating it.

"Quiet down," the principle said, "Well, she's a little shy so please do make her feel like friend in our school, araso? Mi Yoon-ssi, please come in."

Mi Yoon rolled her eyes then walked in without any interest what so ever, "Annyeonghaseo," she bowed, "I'm Lee Mi Yoon, 18 years old and nice to meet you, stupid people."

All the girls gave her dirty looks since she's showing a completely ill-mannered attitude.

Just then. Dongwoon's eyes widen and he stood up. The students looked at Dongwoon.

He exhaled before walking in front of Mi Yoon. He examined her, *It can't be REALLY her... This is crazy!*

"What do you want?" she asked as she looked Dongwoon straight in the eyes.

Dongwoon paused then turned towards the principle, "I'll be her tour guide."

The principle was shocked, "Huh?"

Dongwoon grabbed Mi Yoon and they headed out.