Last Chapter

Practice for our WHAT?!

 

You quickly got home and threw yourself in the bed. 

Headache attacked you lately at school. And you feel vomiting anytime.

"Sang Hee? Are you okay?" your mom asked with concern in her eyes.

You weakly shook your head. Your mom put a hand on your forehead.

"Aigoo! You're so hot! We'll better go to the hospital and have a check-up tomorrow, okay?"

You felt a little pang on your heart.

You're not going to the school tomorrow.

Meaning, you'll not be meeting Kai.

You sighed. "Okay." you muttered. Your headache won over the mind-over-matter war. You closed your eyes and drifted to dreamland.

__________________

*Beep! Beep!*

"Sang Hee's not going to school today!" Your mom hollered from the door to the bus driver. The driver nodded then dashed off.

Soon enough the morning came, your mom woke you up from your sleep.

"Wash up and let's go to the hospital." your mom ordered. You didn't respond and got up.

[At the hospital]

The doctor checked the results seriously as he played with his pen on his free hand.

"Sang Hee has a gastrointestinal flu and she's required to not attend school for a week." The doctor lowered his glasses and glanced at you.

*Seriously?! I'll not see Kai for 1 damn week?*

Your shoulders deflated. You sighed in disbelief. 

The doctor handed your mom the papers and as soon as you're done, you drove off from the hospital and went home straight.

_______________

[At school]

Kai seemed to be sad this day. 

Because he's worried. 

Not with school, but with you. 

He has been preoccupied this day. He can't take away the thoughts of you.

During morning, you used to be so bubbly. But now, you're not around. World seemed colorless to him.

He can say this is a boring day.

"Ah, I'll just go to the chapel by myself." Kai muttered to himself as he hopped off the bus.

_________________

"Mom! My head is pounding. Argh!!" you groaned to the pain you're feeling.

Your mom ran instantly to your room and comforted you until you fell asleep.

*Ugh, Kai. Are you doing fine?*

_________________

Days had passed and now, you're doing well.

"I think I can go to school tomorrow." you beamed to your mom. She softened as she saw you you're back to normal.

"Yeah, I guess so." She clasped her hands. "Aigoo, I'm so good at taking care. Hah." She said proudly.

_________________

You woke up extra early for today, feeling excitement all over because you're going to see Kai again.

You've never missed him like this.

*Beep! Beep!*

"Ah, I missed than honk!" You giggled and jumped. You walked out and walked inside the bus. You took a seat beside Kai.

"Good morning!" Kai greeted with a grin.

"Good morning!" You greeted back. 

That was the only words you heard from him this morning. It felt so awkward. Awkward minutes passed..

You hopped of the bus, still feeling awkward. "Let's go?" Kai smirked.

You snapped out of your thoughts, "Ah, yes. Kaja!"

While heading to the chapel, he looked to you and asked, “Why are you absent anyways?”

You softened. The mere fact that Kai’s concern with you is enough to complete your day.

“I got flu. That , right?” you shrugged.

“It more because I didn’t see you.” He muttered to himself and rolled his eyes.

“What?” you raised a brow.

“Ah, I said it’s good that you’re doing well now.” He smirked.

That.. smirk.. again.

You entered the chapel. You did the usual thing, genuflected and prayed. Afterwards, you took the moment to ask the thing that’s bothering you since the first time you met him.

"Kai” you said that only him that could hear it.

“Hmm?”

“Why are we going here everyday before our class? Is there probably a reason?” You glanced at him, looking straight into his glistening eyes.

He chuckled and put a clenched hand on his mouth. You chuckled with him.

*Is that a silly question? Aish, pabo me! Now he thinks I’m crazy.* you mentally scolded yourself.

“It’s simple. So we can have a practice for our.. future.” He winked.

Your eyes widened, “Oh, seriously?!”

“Shh!” he put his index finger on your lips. Your heart is racing like a horse.

*Practice for our.. what?!*

You chortled and looked at him. “That’s fun-“

“Funny? I’m serious. Do you think I’ll joke here? In the chapel? In the front of God? Seriously?” He shook his head and held your hand.

“I like you.” He blurted out.

You felt a thing down your spine. Your can literally hear your heart beating.

Kai raised his eyebrows, waiting for an answer.

“Well, I guess we’ll just make a deal. I’ll wait for the answer ‘till tomorrow. I will not be the one to invite you to go here. I’ll just wait for you to ask me to go here. That means, you are ready to tell me what you feel. Is that okay?” he smiled.

You nodded. No words are storming in your mind right now.

“So, yeah. We should head now to our classes. Bye!” He waved then disappeared after seconds in the mass of people.

*Gosh, I like you Kai! Why can’t I tell you that simple sentence? ARGH!*

____________________

*Beep! Beep!*

“Aigoo!” you pouted then hopped in the bus.

“Goodmorning!” Kai whispered in your ear.

You jumped a little. “Goodmorning.”

Awkward silence ensued at the whole trip.

The moment that Kai’s been waiting for, you both arrived at the school.

You slowly hopped off the bus. It took minutes for you to think if you’re going to tell Kai.

“Well, I guess I should get going.” He muttered to himself and walked away.

“Kai!” you squeezed his arm.

“Let’s go?” you flashed your sweet smile.

Kai softened. He smiled. You never saw this smile before, because he’s so mysterious. It was so warm.

“Yeah!” He pumped a fist in the air.

You chuckled and slightly slapped his arm.

“Later we’ll be going to the store to buy you a wedding gown, okay?” He winked and he slung an arm in your shoulders.

“Aish, you’re crazy. Let’s go!” You stuck a tongue and you both headed to the chapel

To pray,

To confess,

And to practice for your FUTURE.


 

Tell me what do you think. ;) And oh! I will write a new fic soon. Who do you think will be the best character?

Luhan or Bekhyun? It's so hard to choose because I like them two. ;_____;

THANKS FOR READING! ♥