Chapter One: Addition

You're My QT π

Na Mi POV~

The day care center during the summer was always crazy AND THANK GOD THIS IS MY LAST DAY. I was forced by my mom to volunteer at this germy place with screaming children. Something about being good for my college application... not that I care anyway. All my friends get to go party at the pool hall and listen to kpop while I am stuck in a room with stupid kids. But hey I have to admit, these kids are ADORABLE.

tumblr_lzpfayNftI1r4jluco1_500_thumb.jpg 

The student next to me is learning to count to 1000...and he is a second grader.

" 199, 200, 201, 203, 204, 205, 206, 207, 208, 209, 220....--" The little boy kept on repeating. He would always restart at 250. Even the other little children had to take turns helping him but he just can't seem to understand.

"Repeat it again kid. Aish!" I yelled. Someone get me out of this mess before I explode. It was his third day counting to one thousand....

"Bu-but noona this is to hard." He sobbed with tears in his big eyes. The water works always soften my tough exterior .....unless it is one of those popular drama queens.

A grumpy "grandpa" walked over to see what all the ruckus was about. The other kids are all peeking behind the shelf to see what would happen. I CAN SEE YOU!!!!!

"Hello Sunggyu-ssi." I said happily. My cheeks were burning up like crazy.

"Hello Na Mi, it seemed that you were having a tough time teaching this child his numbers." He said politely.

"Yes sir."  I politely answered.

"Hmmm...why don't you go read to those kids over there for a while." He smiled. Sunggy was always nice to other volunteers.

 

The kids were happy to get a break from their math homework. They crowded around me yelling out their favorite books. I know I'm so popular. lol no jkay C: Don't tell their parents but I secretly bring them ice cream so they will listen to me.

Two little girl were giggling in the corner. Why? Do I look funny? Have spinach in my teeth?

"Hey you two! Would you like to share what is so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing..." One replied. Awkward silence filled the area...so quiet that you could hear that little boy still counting in the other room.

"The other volunteer Sunggyu always looks like he is sleeping." The other little girl finally confessed. Everyone burst out laughing including myself. Now that I think about it...her statement is actually true.

  

I raised my fingers to my lips to quiet the kids. Who wants the old grumpy man coming in and spoiling all the fun? I'm going to miss moments like this with the kids. But I can visit them and....Sunggyu.....

The rest of my shift past by quickly and I even stayed overtime. At the end of the day, I was just sitting in one of those small chairs staring outside into the darkness. I guess I didn't want it to be my last day because school is just around the corner.  Glumly, I opened the door for the last time and started walking to the bus stop.

"Hey Na Mi wait up!" Sunggyu yelled. I slowed my pace and stared at him confused. Did I forgot something?

"Since it's your last day, you and I should go the cafe around the corner to celebrate." He cheered giving me his cute adorable eye smile.

 

I was so happy that he asked me but I retained myself from dancing around and blushing.

"Um sure, I would love to." I said trying to retain my happiness. Awkwardly, we entered the shop. The kind looking old lady greeted us with a smile before returning back to work. I got a strawberry smoothie to go and Sunggyu ordered a caramel frappuccino . I would get caffeine but it was already 9:00pm and I did not want to be awake all night. We got our order to go and went to the park across the street.

One of my favorite things are swings but the park is always full of children. I was so happy to see the free I forgot about him and ran over to them like a little girl. He must be thinking I'm crazy. We sat for a while swinging gently back and forth while drinking our beverage. The weird atmosphere was killing me.

"Hey, Sunggyu-ssi have you ever been in love?" I asked. I MUST BE CRAZY WHO WOULD ASK THAT KLAHLKGKLHKLDHKLH.

"Errr...sure I guess." He replied quietly with a dreamy look in his face.

Oh how I wish I could be that girl.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Author's Note  

Rawr..hi guys did you miss me. I haven't update in ages ;u;. I'M SO SO SORRY m(_ _;;m  but I've been my fat lazy self just reading fanfiction all day. I will most likely update this one and finish it before going back to Part Time Ninja. Until next time ┏(^0^)┛ !