The Storm

A Song For Your Heart ♥ [One-Shot Collection]

 

Song: The Storm

Artist(s): Nick Jonas and Miley Cyrus

Characters: Lee Howon/ Hoya | You (OC)

 

 

"They always say a heart is not a whole
Without the one who gets you through the storm"


 

 

 

 

With Him

"Lee Howon!" His father angerly yelled towards the handsome young man. "I told you again to break up with her 2 weeks ago, and yet people are still telling me that you 2 are together!"

Hoya rolled his eyes.  He was used to this.  There was no way he would break up with her.  His parents have been requesting it for a little over a year, so what makes them think that he'll actually do it.  Hoya ran a hand through his sleek black hair in a frustrated manner.

"Are you even listening to us young man?" His mother asked.  He didn't know why his parents disliked her so much, she was the perfect girl.  She had long, wavy, black hair that went to her elbows with clear milky white skin.  Her eyes are what got him the most.  They were such a pretty chocolate color, they looked so innocent and he could get lost in them all day.  Although she was a little on the short side, she fit perfectly in his arms.  The thing that he loved the most about her was her personality.  So honest, simple, kind, selfless and so beautiful.  He couldn't wait to see later and kiss her pink lips, and hold her small face in his hands and then kiss her again.  Hoya let out a sigh, getting lost in his thoughts about her.

"Lee Howon!  You have to break up with her! It’ll look bad for the company if you continue dating her!”  his father angrily yelled again.  Déjà vu.  Hoya rolled his eyes once again.  He had heard this one too many times.  So what if he was to take over a large successful company? So what if you weren’t rich, like those other snooty girls he parents tried to set him up with?  All he knew that he loved you.  He loved you way too much to break-up with you for his family.  As his parents continued to go on about the company, he looked down at his Marc Ecko Tinani White Leather strapped watch.  He carefully read the hands on the clock.

5:00

The time he said he would meet you.  Mentally cursing himself for being late, Hoya ran out of his father’s office, ignoring the shouts from his parents.  After throwing a leg over his motorcycle, he quickly started the engine and headed towards the park where you guys planned the date.  A string of curses left his mouth as it began to rain as he sped through roads. 

 


 

 

 

With her

“Break up with him”, the voice of an old woman coldly spoke over the phone.

You raised an eyebrow, as if she could actually see you, “Who are you?”

“I’m Lee Howon’s mother” she responded even more coldly.  You guessed that was the reason why Hoya never wanted her to meet his mother.  She sounded so mean.

‘Isn’t Howon Hoya’s real name?’ you thought.

“And why would I do that?” You responded in a monotone way, trying not to freak out about the situation.

“I see he hasn’t told you” You could just see her thin lips curling into a smirk, “Howon is the heir to a very successful company, and it is the reason why you’ll only bring him down so break up with him”

Speechless, you blinked twice.  “How would I bring him down?” you asked quietly.  You mentally cursed yourself for sounding so small and weak.  But how where you bring him down when his own parents were putting too much pressure on him?

“Because of you, Howon will not marry a heiress and we will not get more money and power.  Because of you, Howon has become even more unfocused.  Because of you, our family is breaking apart.” 

With each sentence you felt yourself become smaller and smaller.  Were you really the cause to all of his pain?  You were speechless.  You couldn’t stand the fact that you were bringing him down.  You had to agree with his mother.  You didn’t want Hoya to become unfocused and you definitely did not want to cause any more problems within his family.

After a few more seconds of thinking you told his mother that you would follow through with her request.  She gave you an approving ‘Thank you’ and hung up. 

You put the phone on the counter.  Everything felt like a dream.  You looked over at the clock.

4:50

It was almost time for your date with him. 

You started you walk to the park.  It felt almost as if you were floating and couldn’t feel a thing.  You still couldn’t believe you were going to do this.

You continued to walk the park.  The warm, bright skies and blooming flowers of spring disappeared, and were replaced with eerie gray skies.  Overstuffed gray cotton balls, overfilled with tears, filled the sky.  The whole world was suddenly pushing down on you.

The low hum of the cars died down. You arrived at the park and took a seat on a bench. You looked up at the sky.  One raindrop landed on your cheek.  You felt its coldness and suddenly felt bitter as it rolled off your face.  Soon, many more raindrops followed.  You sighed leaning against the bench.

You did not want to do this.  Hoya was the only good thing in your life.  When your parents left, Hoya was the one that found you crying on the sidewalk.  He comforted you.  You two talked for hours sitting on that sidewalk. That was the first time you felt as if someone did care about you.  It was also your first time to have such strong feelings towards a boy.  Hoya gave you the strength to continue you on with life.  Each day you guys found a way to meet up and talk.  Overtime, the feelings grew stronger and you two became a couple.  You really did love him.   You loved him so much that you were willing to risk your own happiness for his happiness. 

Foots steps were heard, quickly splashing against the sidewalk.  You snapped your head towards the direction of the footsteps.  Your heart jumped, seeing him running towards you.  His arms were spread wide open and he had a bright smile on his face. For a moment you forgot about everything, and just saw him.  You stood up, smiling just as brightly.  Hoya quickly wrapped his arms around you.  Suddenly remembering everything, your smile faded and you stood stiffly in his arms.  Feeling your stiffness, he knew something was wrong.

“What’s wrong?” he questioned, kissing your nose.  That only filled you with more guilt.  “Is it because we’re all wet?” he asked, with an intoxicating goofy smile.  You quickly covered your heart-broken face with a cold look. 

“No” You spoke harshly, hating yourself for talking to him in such a way.

“What’s wrong?” Hoya asked again, taking a take back to examine her better.

“Let’s break up” you couldn’t believe what you were saying.  It took all the strength you had not to run into his arms apologizing.  But, it was for his happiness.  As long as he was happy and successful you would be happy too.

 


 

His

It was mother wasn’t it?

Just yesterday she was in my arms and genuinely telling me she loved me.   Now she was wanting to break up?

I was outraged and furious at my mother.  How dare she do this to me.  First she is controlling my life and watching every step I take.  Now she is making my girlfriend break-up with me?  The hatred for my mother began to grow quickly.  Although I was angry at my mother, I found myself also angry at her.  How could she let my mother do this? 

“Look, I know my mother-“ I quickly tried to talk her out of it, before she interrupted.

“No, it’s not because of your mother, it’s because of me.”  She said, with a cold and icy glare.  Shocked, I backed away from her.

No.  It wasn’t supposed to happen this way.  I never thought we would become like this.  Thinking about when we first met, who would’ve thought we would end this way?  With everything we’ve been through.

I should’ve never told my parents about you, if I would’ve knew what they would do to us..  You don’t know what I would give for us to go back to where we started.  I don’t want to lose you, but we could never go back to where we once were..  It looks like my mother finally got to you too. Every time I’m in a relationship Mother ruins it.  This time I found you.  I’ve never loved anyone as much as I loved you.  I should’ve known Mother would get to you too.

Rain poured down on us.  Only 1 street lamp lit the trail we were standing on in the park, the perfectly raven sky staring down on us.  Was I stupid for doing this?  She looked as if she didn’t care, didn’t care about my feelings, and didn’t care about me.  Was this really her decision? Did Mother even get to her?

Lighting flashed, making the dark night bright just for just a second.

We were sprawled out under the covers of the bed with her head on my chest.  I could feel her heartbeat as she snuggled closer.  It was like a little bird fluttering in its cage.

 I smiled in content, wishing that we could stay like this forever in each others’ arms.

I felt her jump a little as thunder clapped.  I securely wrapped my arms around her, knowing that she was scared of thunderstorms.

“You okay?” I soothingly whispered in her ears as I ran my hand through her long, silky, black hair.  She nodded and a small giggle came from her pink lips as she snuggled even closer.

“I love you” she whispered quietly, letting only I hear the beautiful words. 

Smiling like a fool, I repeated the 3 words into her ears. With that I gently lifted her head so that we were face to face.  Even in the dark I could see her bright eyes.  Being completely intoxicated with her beauty as I stared longer, I gently leaned forward and kissed her lips.  Although the kiss was short and simple, it was filled with so much emotion.

“You know what people say?” I asked, resting my forehead against hers.

“What?” she replied, curiosity shone in her innocent eyes as she wrapped her arms comfortably around my neck.

“A heart is never full,” another clap of thunder sounded, I smirked and continued “without the one who gets you through the storm”.

The more lightning that struck, the more painful memories filled my mind. You were no more than a meter away from me, but why did you seem so far away. I had to admit you looked as beautiful as ever, even with your make-up running. It was a good thing that it was dark, so you couldn’t see my worthless tears as they began to fall.

What seemed like 3 hours was only 3 minutes as we continued to stand in an  eerie silence.

“I need to know if this is over,” I hesitated not knowing if I could finish the sentence without breaking down, “because I will leave you alone” I managed to choke out, trying to hide my hidden cries of pain.  Somehow, I felt like I already knew the answer.

All I received was silence, as your cold eyes that were once warm, pierced into mine.  It looks like you really don’t care.

It felt as if a million shards of glass ripped my heart apart.  Almost as if I were drowning in my pain knowing that what we once had was gone.

 


 

Her

No one is to blame.  Everything happens for a reason.  I keep telling myself that we simply drifted apart, but we both knew the real cause.

I’m not stupid.  I know you think that you’re the only one that’s hurting here, but I also know that this is killing me if not more than it’s killing you. 

I shivered, the cold clothing stuck to my skin as it rained even harder.  I’ve hated thunderstorms ever since I was young.  My hate for it grew knowing that we were going break-up in one. 

I shifted awkwardly from the harsh silence.  He stared longingly into my eyes as if was looking into my soul as a glared back at him. 

His eyes.

His eyes were one of the reasons why I was so attracted to him.  Such beautifully sharp eyes, that once looked at me with so much love and admiration.  I remember when I looked at him with the exact same feelings.

My thoughts broke as he spoke, “I need to know if this is over,” he hesitated “because I will leave you alone” 

My world suddenly came crashing down on me.  The one perfect thing that was given to me was slowly slipping out of my grip.  It felt as if the perfect puzzles pieces of my heart that he put together were put on fire, and slowly and torturously breaking apart.  Speechless and numb, I hid my slowly breaking heart behind an icy glare.

I saw all of his hope fading away through his eyes.

 


 

His

Maybe I should give up.  Were all of those words spoken between us all of lies?  All of the hope that was in my heart faded away, and the more I looked into your cold eyes the more that I wanted to turn back time to when we were happy.

Knowing that it was really over gave me blows to my mind and heart that no physical attack could give.  

Turning around I spoke loud enough for her to hear, “I’ll leave you alone”.  The tears finally began to fall.

Don’t let me leave. 

I chanted this over and over again in my mind, and yet I was the one walking away.

 


 

Her

He turned around, “I’ll leave you alone”. 

No.  I must’ve heard him wrong.

He began walking away.

No. Don’t leave me.  Suddenly memories ran through my mind as lightning struck.

“Do you promise you’ll never leave me?” he asked cutely holding his pinky out, ready to make a promise.

No. I began walking towards him.  Tears now falling.

“I love you” he gently whispered in my ear.

I picked up my pace, now running towards him.   I was now face to face with his back.  I was now sobbing.

“A heart is never full,” I  jumped a little as another clap of thunder came.  But, in the darkness I saw him smirk as he continued,” without the one who gets you through the storm”.

I wrapped my arms around him in a back hug. I felt him stiffen.   I just pulled him closer snuggling my face into his soaked jacket. 

“Please don’t leave me alone”