Life

5 years

 

                A girl just watches her reflection on the mirror in her room. Her mother, Miyuki get into her room and hug her as she asks, “Still worry about your new school?”

                “I afraid if I can’t adapt my life at here. Ka-chan, can’t we just go back to oji-chan house?” say Karina.

                “Karina-chan, I know you really like to be there but we can’t go back anymore. Remember what oji-chan tells us? He doesn’t want to see us anymore. Now, only two of us can continue our life.” say Miyuki.

                “How could ka-chan forget about me?” ask her brother, Daisuke as he get in the room.

                “You already grown up, Daisuke. You will leave me soon.” Say Miyuki.

                “I will never leave you. Now, it’s my responsibility to protect ka-chan and you.” Say Daisuke.

                “Okay. Both of you will late for your classes.” Say Miyuki.

                Daisuke and Karina kiss their mother’s cheek before leave the house. Daisuke send Karina to the school before go to university. He says, “If you want me to fetch you after school, call me.”

                “Hai. Arigatou, oni-chan.” Say Karina.

*******************************

                “Today, we get new classmate. Introduce yourself to the class.” Say sensei.

                “I’m Kurosaki Karina. Yoroshiku onegaishimasu.” Say Karina as she slightly bows to the class.

                “You may take your seat at that empty place.” Say sensei.

Karina takes her seat and sensei begins the lesson. Karina just concentrates to the front without talking with anyone. When come to lunch break, she decides to stay at her seat and hear music from her mp3.

“Kurosaki-san, you don’t want to go cafeteria for eat?” ask one of her classmate.

                “It’s okay. I think I need to make preparation for next class.” Say Karina and she open her book to read something.

                “Hi, I’m Naomi. Wow, your read those kind of book?” say Naomi as her finger point to Karina’s book.

                “I just enjoy read this. I really want to finish read this book before begin the next book.” Say Karina.

                “I’m Yukiko. Why your face looks familiar to us?” say Yukiko.

                “Ah, you’re the one who always appear in magazine with your family. By the way, my name is Rin” Say Rin as she shows a magazine to her.

                “That’s mean you are granddaughter of Hakushika Seichirou? Wow, you look really different from the magazine.” Say Yukiko.

                “Well, I used to that also until my parent divorce. My oji-chan asks us to leave as both of me and my oni-chan want to follow my ka-chan.” Say Karina as she closes the magazine.

                “Gomen for make you tell about that.” Say Rin.

                “It’s okay but now, I just want to begin my new life as Kurosaki Karina and not as Hakushika Karina anymore.” Say Karina.

*******************************

                After school, the girls bring Karina to music club. Karina could see some of them are playing instrument in the room. Yukiko says, “Hey, we bring our new friend here. Introduce you, Kurosaki Karina.”

                “You’re the new student, right? You already popular at here; granddaughter of Hakushika’s Group.” Say Yuto.

                “Hey, don’t mention about that. She want to begin her new life at here and we will help her.” Say Yukiko.

                The boys introduce themselves to Karina and play a song for her. She really happy with it and begin smile with it. After their practice, all of them go to a family restaurant. Karina takes out her phone and sends mail to her brother that she’s okay.

                “Are you sending email to your boyfriend?” ask Ayumi.

                “No, I just tell my oni-chan what happen. He really worry as this is my first time to go school.” Say Karina.

                “Eh, before this oji-chan never let me to go school and he pay for tutors. It really bored you know when you don’t have any friend around you. That’s why I may look cold towards you guys.” Say Karina.

                “Don’t worry. From today, you are our friend.” Say Naomi as she hugs Karina. They spend time together and Karina really happy as she makes new friends with them. They exchange contact information and go back to their home. Karina go back home with Keito as they live in same area.

                When almost arrive at her house, she says, “My house here. We meet again soon.”

                “What a coincidence. I also live at here. I live at 9-8.” Say Keito.

                “So, we are also neighbor. I just live in front of your house.” Say Karina.

**************************************

                That night, Karina helps Daisuke and Miyuki prepare dinner even Miyuki said she can do it by herself. Miyuki says, “I already used to do it by myself. You guys had lived differently from what I had lived before married with your to-chan.”

                “If we didn’t learn now, we will never get use to it.” Say Karina. Three of them prepare dinner and serve it on the table. During dinner, Miyuki ask Karina, “How’s your school?”

                “I never feel really happy like this. I thought I go to school and nothing interesting happen but I make new friends.” Say Karina.

                “It’s good if you could make new friends. I just want you to enjoy your life even we are having hard life right now.” Say Miyuki.

*******************************

                Karina really happy with her new life as she learns many new things. One day, they go to amusement park to go have fun. Karina says, “Wah, I never go to crowded place like this. Every time I want to go here, it will be empty and only several people in it.”

                “Hey, we want to go out play with our couple. Is it okay for both of you to be left alone?” ask Yukiko.

                “Ja, we meet you guys again at here later.” Say Keito. Karina begins fell awkward to be alone with Keito even both of them always go back together.

                “What you want to play?” ask Keito.

                “Let’s go to at that booth. I just notice a cute teddy bear at there.” Say Karina. Both of them go to shooting booth and Keito offer himself to do it.

                “Ah, I miss the last shoot. Let me try again.” Say Keito.

                “It’s okay. Let’s go to other place.” Say Karina.

                “But you said that you want to have that teddy bear.” Say Keito.

                “Maybe it’s not my luck to get it today. Let’s take a rest for awhile before we continue play again.” Say Karina. Both of them take place to rest for awhile. Keito go to buy drinks for both of them.

                “Wah, now, I know why ka-chan want us to follow her.” Say Karina.

                “Why you say like that?” ask Keito.

                “It seems I never have life like normal kids. I rarely to go out and have fun because it really bored to do it alone.” Say Karina. Both of them have fun all day long.

*******************************

                Karina and Keito walk together to go school. Karina really happy and her heart always beat rapidly every time she sees his face. When both of them almost reach school, a limousine stop near them and someone get out from the car.

                Karina really surprise to see who it is, “To-chan, what are you doing here?”

                “I want to take you. Back to Hakushika’s mansion.” Say Kenzo.

                “I don’t want to go back to that place.” Say Karina.

                “Don’t say to me that you already happy to life like this. If you get back to mansion, you will get whenever you want.” Say Kenzo.

                “To-chan, my new life teaches me everything that I had searched before. I don’t want to go back to my old life. You do nothing when ka-chan asks you to think back about oji-chan’s decision to separate both of you.” Say Karina.

                “At that time, I can’t do anything to object your oji-chan.” Say Kenzo.

                “I will never go back with you. We will be late for class.” Say Karina as she pulls Keito to get into school compound.

                “He’s your father?” ask Keito.

                “Yeah but he never act like my to-chan. He only follows all orders from oji-chan.” Say Karina. Keito just hear it without give respond. He never thinks that day will change everything in their life.

*******************************

                “Kurosaki Karina, there is someone that want to meet you. He’s waiting at meeting room.” Say the sensei.

                “Who is it?” ask Karina as she begins feel uneasy.

                “He said he’s from Hakushika’s Group.” Say sensei. Karina just stands up from her seat and go to see who it is. She walks to meeting room as she tries not to think negative about it.

                Karina knocks the door several times before get into the meeting room. She could see her father and oji-chan in the room. Oji-chan says, “Take your seat, Karina.”

                “Why you suddenly come here and how you manage to find this school?” ask Karina.

                “Don’t ever underestimate Hakushika’s power. Today, I come to this school because I want to take you back to my place and become my heir.” Say oji-chan.

                “Why me? You always said that your heir must be a man and intelligent that can take over your company. I don’t have both of it.” Say Karina.

                “I had told you that but if you get married with a man that have intelligent, he will become my heir. Daisuke already decline the offer and I have to ask you for it. It’s for your own good.” Say oji-chan.

                “Good for what? If it for your own good, I decline it. I only want to have my life right now. Your decision to separate my parent had gave me chance to find new thing; thing that I want to do in my whole life.” say Karina.

                “Are you sure with your decision? It’s the only chance for you to go back to your old life.” say oji-chan.

                “Oji-chan, I really happy with the offer as I always to go back to that life but I don’t want to let my current life. I’m happy with my life right now and I want to treasure it.” Say Karina.

                “Karina, you have to think carefully about it. You know because of you words, you will never get back to your old life. It’s not easy to live as commoners if you already use in luxury life.” say oji-chan.

                “I know it will be hard but I believe I can do it with help of my friends. I have to excuse myself. I don’t want to miss my class.” Say Karina. She bows to them and head out from the room before get back to her class.

                “What happen?” ask Yukiko when Karina goes back to her seat.

                “Nothing.” Say Karina.

                After school, Karina puts her things in the bag and head out from the class. She already agrees to help Keito in practice song on that day as others want to go out for date. She play with keyboard while Keito strumming his guitar.

                “Wow, you good in it.” Say Keito.

                “I just like to play with it but never tell anyone about it. Oji-chan had made me learn piano but I don’t like it.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, let’s go to café after this.” Say Keito.

                “Okay. I really want to eat cake at that café.” Say Karina.

                “You will gain weight if you only eat cake.” tease Keito.

                “Hey, I only eat cake twice a week. I’m not like you who only think to eat.” Say Karina.

                “Even I eat a lot, I will never gain weight.” Say Keito proudly.

                “Oh, you really proud with it. I really want to see…” Karina can’t finish her words as Keito close .

                “Don’t say that word.” Say Keito.

                “Okay.” Say Karina as she takes off Keito’s hand from .

******************************

                After they finish practice, both of them head out from the school compound. Karina giggles to see Keito seem struggle with his guitar case while want to bring his bag and Karina’s bag. Karina says, “Let me bring my bag and you bag.”

                “It’s okay. I should bring it for you.” Say Keito.

                “Karina-sama, you have to follow us.” Say a man in black suit.

                “For what?” ask Karina.

                “Actually, tonight is celebration for Hakushika’s Group. Master wants us to fetch you to go to that party.” Say the man.

                “I don’t want to go there alone. Keito, can you follow me?” Say Karina.

                “If that what you want, I’m willing to do it.” Say Keito. Both of them get into the car and go to a place for makeover.

                “Gomen, Keito. For dragging you into this thing.” Say Karina.

                “It’s okay.” Say Keito.

                “Minami, can you help my friend to get ready? This is his first time to go to event like today.” Say Karina.

                “Okay.” Say Minami. Both of them get ready for the party. Karina a bit nervous about what will happen on that party.

***************************************

                After they get ready for party, they take a car to go to the event hall. Keito really amazed to see Karina on that day. He says, “You look really different from the usual Karina.”

                “Actually, this is the usual me. Every day, I have to wear things like this and walk around with these heels. I hate it because I always watch television where people wear many types of clothes and walk happily.” Say Karina.

                “It’s seem you life is not easy like we thought.” Say Keito.

                They reach at event hall. Karina hold Keito’s hand and get into the hall. Keito knows Karina want to hide her nervous when Karina hold him. When the guests greet them, Karina talks to them professionally. That day, Keito sees the other side of Karina.

                “Thank you for taking time for all of you to come to my celebration. Today, I want to announce you guys about I will introduce you guys to someone. As you guys know, my son already divorce with his wife and I already found more suitable woman for him and I also want to tell you guys that my granddaughter will continue her studies to a better place at America.” Say oji-chan.

                “WHAT?!” shout Karina that attract the guests attention. Karina never knows oji-chan make that decision without her knowledge.

                Karina has to wait until the party over to ask about it. She goes to meet oji-chan and ask, “Why you make that decision without asking me first?”

                “I forget to tell you that your life had been decide even you know about it.” Say oji-chan.

                “Why America?” ask Karina.

                “I have friend that have an institute at there. I want you to go there and continue your studies at there. I promise if you finish your studies at there, I will never interrupt your life anymore.” Say oji-chan.

******************************************

                “Are you sure you want to do that?” ask Keito when they on the way to go back home.

                “I have to. Who knows what will oji-chan do if I don’t obey his order? Even my parent already divorce, he still have power to do anything to us because we are his grandchildren.” Say Karina.

                “So, when you will go to America?” ask Keito again.

                “I don’t know about it yet. I will meet him again tomorrow and have to absence from school.” Say Karina.

                That day is the last day Keito meet Karina and talk with her. He tries to find her but all his effort tend to be failed. He asks Daisuke, “You know where Karina is?”

                “She already goes to America. She already told me that I can’t tell anyone about it. She said she don’t want to cry in front of you guys when she leaves Japan.” Say Daisuke.

                “She should tell me about it.” Say Keito.

                “Oh, she ask me to say this to you; ‘she will wait for you at her favorite park after 5 years.’ I don’t know what she means by that but she said you know about it.” Say Daisuke.

                “5 years? That’s long time.” Say Keito.

***************************

                Karina just stays at her room after finish unpack her luggage. She sits near to window and look out to the street. She could see kids play happily at the street without care of anything. She leaves out huge sigh and someone come into her room.

                “Already Miss Japan?” ask Emily.

                “I don’t know. Maybe yes, maybe no.” say Karina.

                “You already have boyfriend at Japan?” ask Emily.

                “We just friend. We just always spend time together as our house near to each other.” Say Karina.

                “You already tell him your feeling?” ask Emily.

                “I can’t tell him. I bet he already has someone that he likes. I don’t become the reason if I make problem.” Say Karina.

                “What a nonsense reason. You just afraid with your own feeling. You afraid being hurt or people hate you.” Say Emily.

                “Maybe.” Say Karina.

                “Hey, let’s forget about it and go out tonight.” Say Emily.

                “Okay.” Say Karina.

***************************************

                Even both of them live very far to each other; Keito will make sure he sends present to Karina by Daisuke. Keito just want to make sure Karina still remember him even they can’t contact each other. 5 years pass by like a blink of eye and Keito get ready to go the park.

                Suddenly he thinks something, “She said after 5 years but never give the date to me. What I should do now?”

                “Keito, are you ready to go out?” ask Kenichi.

                “Maybe.” Say Keito.

                “Why you say like that?” Kenichi feels weird with his son’s answer.

                “Both of us already promise to meet each other after 5 years but we haven’t agree when we will meet.” Say Keito.

                “Just believe what you heart say, son.” Say Kenichi. Keito thinking for several minutes and tells to himself that he has to wait for several days before go to that place.

*****************************

                After several days, he goes to the park and tries to search for Karina. He can’t see any clues that show Karina at that park. She get near to the lake and notice someone lean over a tree that near to the lake. He want to greet her, “Karina, is that you?”

                “Yes, Keito. At last, I meet you again.” Say Karina.

                “What do you mean by ‘at last’?” ask Keito as he feels weird with Karina’s words.

                “I already wait for you since past 4 days.” Say Karina as she pouts.

                “Gomen, I was confused to think when you said want to meet me after 5 years as we never give date for it.” Say Keito.

                “You’re right. Gomen because doesn’t give date to you.” Say Karina.

                “As long I can meet you, I already happy.” Say Keito as he kisses Karina. He notice Karina wears all the present that he sends to her past 5 years.

                “So, what you will do now?” ask Keito.

                “Hm… I don’t know. Now, I’m free from oji-chan and have to think by myself what I want to do. But firstly, I need to find work.” Say Karina.

                “You don’t have to work or you will leave me again.” Say Keito and Karina blush to hear it. That day, two people reunite and spend their time together forever without anyone can interrupt their life.