My Heart Bursts

Rock Isn't The Only Thing I Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi8jaflMosE&feature=relmfu

---------

It was a friday night which meant another day for you at work at the cafe and missing out on Eye Candy's performance. You weren't too affected by it though since you needed to pay the rest for your apartment. Right after school, you went to the cafe around 3PM, an hour before your shift started. You arrived through the front door and got changed into a white long sleeved tight shirt and black jeans. You slid up the sleeves messily since you liked it that way, tied your up in a pony tail since it was required and wore your apron. 

Before getting to work, you were in the back room doing your homework. Some of your co-workers were helping you out if there was difficult question you couldn't answer. "You're really not those type rebel girls huh?" One of your co-worker sat beside you and watched you work on your homework. "What do you mean?" You asked without looking at him.

"Usually girls like you skip homework." He chuckled. You looked at him and replied with a smile. "I'm not like them. And...I'm a rocker, not a rebel." You turned back to your homework. "Rockers don't do their homeworks too." He slyly smiled. "I'm a different kind of rocker." You said again and continued working. "Yah, quit flirting and start serving some orders!" The manager scolded him.

You chuckled and continued working again. The hour passed and you were just in time for your shift to start. You packed your things and placed them in your bag then you placed your bag inside your locker. After that, you left the back room and started your 4PM shift.

---------

Hyunsoo just finished playing with Eye Candy. "Yah man, that was awesome!" Kyungjong said. Hajin chuckled and slung his arm over Kyungjong's shoulder. "Guys! Get outta here! The police are coming!" Wookyung said. They all packed up their instruments and ran out the back door. They tried to sneak quietly but one of the police officers saw them. 

"YAH!!" They whistled and ran after them.

"SEPARATE!" Jihyuk shouted and they all went their own ways. Jihyuk and met up at a street after running separately. Kyungjong and Hajin stayed together and managed to get away too. Hyunsoo was still running for his life. He looked at the stop light for the pedestrian and it was about to turn red. He looked back and saw the two police officers.

"Aish!" He muttered and ran across before the stop light turned red. 

---------

You were busy serving and cleaning that you didn't realize Hyunsoo was right in front of your cafe. Finally when the cafe closed, you were the only one left cleaning the tables, chairs, kitchen, floors and the glass windows. As you wiped the glass window you saw Hyunsoo just outside. *What is he doing?* You saw him panting and frantically looking around.

You saw the police officers from a far and knew what was happening. Hyunsoo noticed them on the other side of the street and he looked around to where he could hide. You turned the lights off of the cafe and waited by the door, opening it slightly and stayed in that position for a while. Just before the cops were about to cross a bus passed by. Hyunsoo was about to run but you grabbed him and pulled him inside the cafe. 

You closed the door and both of you hid in the dark. His eyes widened and you looked at him with your finger on your mouth telling him to be quiet. The cops finally crossed and continued searching. You took a peek outside then went back inside, puts the blinds down and turned the light on again. You turned back and saw Hyunsoo standing there giving you that cold stare he always gives people. 

"A 'thank you' would be nice to hear." You said as you began putting the chairs up on the tables.

"Tch, I don't need to say 'thanks'." he replied with an attitude. 

"You're welcome." You lightly smiled and continued to do your work.

Hyunsoo stood there and watched you walk away. You headed to the back of the cafe and left him alone. He took his chance to leave the cafe but he noticed the police coming back. He stayed hidden inside the cafe but police from outside noticed that the lights of the cafe was on. Hyunsoo looked up and cursed mentally. He knew that if he turned the light off because they're outside the police might suspect something. 

Right when you went out he rushed towards you. Your eyes slightly widened as he came over. "The police are outside, if they come in stall them." He didn't even let you speak, he went passed you and hid in the staff room. Just then the police were knocking on the glass door, you turned your head to the door and walked towards it. 

You peeked through the blinds and casually unlocked the door. "Yes?" 

"Sorry to bother your work, but did you happen to see someone enter the cafe just now?" They asked. You shook your head. "Aniyo, we're closed so, no one can come inside but us staff." You pointed to the 'closed' sign on the door. "Are you alone miss?" They asked again, and you nodded again in response. "What's this about officer?" you asked.

They looked at each other and sighed. "Never mind miss. Continue finishing up and go home soon alright? It's getting late and it's dangerous for the high school girl like yourself to be going home alone." you nodded and smiled. "Nae, thank you." You curteously bowed and closed the door then locked it. You looked back to the staff room and walked towards it. 

You slightly opened the door, "They're gone." You said. Hyunsoo carefully walked out and touched his rapidly beating heart. "Thanks." he said without looking at you and fixing the strap of his guitar. You nodded your head once and walked towards the coat hanger where the aprons are usually placed. Hyunsoo walked towards the door again and was about to unlock the door but he looked back at you while you were fixing your stuff. 

 

"Where do you live?" You looked up to him with eyes so curious.

"Wae?" You asked.

"Well...um...You heard what those guys said. It's dangerous for a high school girl like yourself to walk home alone. So...I thought that maybe you need someone to walk you home." He awkwardly cleared his throat and looked elsewhere. You chuckled at his offer and walked towards him. "Thanks." You unlocked the door, opened it and went out. He followed after you and you looked the door again from outside. 

--------

Both of you were walking down the street and the atmosphere was really quiet and awkward for Hyunsoo but not for you. You liked silence, you once thought the silence was the best thing to hear because you don't hear anything but peace. Hyunsoo broke that peace by clearing his throat, you looked at him and just stared. 

He slightly looked back at you and wondered why you were staring. "Are you going to say something?" You asked rather bluntly. "Eh?" He replied. "Well, when someone clears his or , they usually have something to say." You explained. "Oh...um...nothing. I have nothing to say." He shook his head and looked elsewhere. 

You chuckled lightly and looked forward. "Araso." You nodded. 

 

As the two of you kept walking Hyunsoo's phone rang. He answered it and kept walking beside you. "Tell her I'll be home soon." He ended the call and slipped his phone in his pocket again. "Girlfriend?" You lightly smirked. "Nope, sister." He replied with a mocking smirk. You suddenly felt embarrassed for asking that you turned your head away and blew on your bangs. 

"Why? Are you going to get jealous?" He teased. You looked at him with a 'are you serious' look and he gave you his teasing smile. You rolled your eyes and started walking ahead of him. Hyunsoo bit his lip, chuckled and jogged after you. He had to admit to himself that it was fun teasing a girl like you. Even if it you guys have been together for only a few hours, he slowly became comfortable with your presence and did you. 

-------

Both of you stopped at the stop light and waited for it to go green. You checked out the time on your watch and it was getting really late. *Aish...I'm dead if I don't get home soon.* You looked at the stop light and it was still red for crossing. You impatiently fidgeted around like you needed to go to the bathroom. Hyunsoo saw you and looked at you weirdly. "Yah..you alright?" He asked. 

"I need to go home soon." You looked at the stop light again. "Come on.." You mumbled. Just on time, it turned green but then there was a bus coming your way as you cross. Hyunsoo, who was following behind you noticed the bus. "YAH!" He ran after you with the guitar on his back, grabbed your waist and both of you landed on the road groaning in pain. 

You landed on top of him and you realized that when you opened your eyes and saw that his face was so close to yours. Hyunsoo slowly opened his eyes and turned his head, he was also surprised with your face being so close to him. One wrong move and both of you would have bee kissing by now. "Yah...you alright?" He asked as he looked at you. You looked at him, blinked once, swallowed your saliva and nodded slowly. "You're not hurt anywhere?" He asked again. 

His concerned voice was really soothing to the ears. It was soft and gentle which is something new for you. This time you shook your head slowly. Both of you stayed in that position for a while, until you finally stood up carefully and reached your hand to help him. He took it with no hesitation and held on to it. With the touch of your hands, both of you felt your heart burst like fireworks. 

Both of you had another eye to eye moment then quickly let go of each others' hands. "Um...thanks..for saving me." You mumbled almost inaudible. "Sure. Walk home safe alright? Is your house near here?" He asked as he looked elsewhere pretending to look around. "Yeah.. just around the corner." You also looked else where while biting your lip. 

"So..I guess...see you soon?" Hyunsoo said, he couldn't believe it himself but he said it. You looked at him a bit weirdly but nodded without thinking. "Y-yeah..See you." You slowly spun around and began walking home with a smiling face. Hyunsoo also turned around with a smiling face and a happy chuckle. Before crossing the road again he looked back at your figure, chuckled to himself then looked forward crossed the road again to walk home. 

-------

That moment in the cafe. 

The moment you pulled him in, you knew something good was going to come out of it. 

At first you didn't know why you pulled him inside, was it to save him or was it to give him a sign? 

Either way, you were able to grab his attention and he got your attention as well. 

Just like their song, both of your hearts definitely did burst with just one touch. 

-----------

ISH DONE! 
I HOPE YOU LIKED IT. 
I hope it made sense too...

THANKS FOR READING!

BTW...

VOTE NOW! 
VOTING ENDS MONDAY.