I Loved You First

I Loved You First

 “Eh, I’m really not in the mood to go, oppa.”

“Jebal.. Just today, okay?” Eunhyuk whined on the phone.

“Aigoo. Arasso. Where should we meet?”

“Yay! You’re the best, Jia-ah! No need to. I will pick you up. Saranghae!” and he hung up the one.

Eunhyuk oppa is my bestfriend yet also my crush since forever. But he doesn’t know my feeling. I don’t want to tell him also. I don’t want our relationship is broken because of my stupid feeling. But yes, I LOVE HIM. No one knows that I’m crushing on Eunhyuk oppa except my brother, Donghae oppa. He’s Eunhyuk oppa’s bestfriend. He’s helping me to get closer to Eunhyuk oppa. He keeps telling me to confess to Eunhyuk oppa.

Today, he was planning to take her girlfriend on a date to the amusement park. Her name is Hyoyeon. To be honest, I don’t really like Hyoyeon unnie. I mean, yes she’s great at dancing. But I really hate her aegyo and she seems aggressive towards boys. I don’t know Eunhyuk oppa and Hyoyeon unnie still in relationship or not. Because these days, Eunhyuk oppa always spends his time with me. Watching movie together or doing homework. I’m not being evil or something, but my little heart wants Eunhyuk oppa and Hyoyeon unnie to break up. Eunhyuk oppa asked me to go because Hyoyeon unnie is sick. He never takes me on a “date” since he’s in relationship with Hyoyeon unnie.

DING DONG!

I opened the door for him. Damn, he looks cool with his black t-shirt and denim jeans. His smiling at me and hugged me. My heart is beating fast.

“Uh, are we gonna spend our time with hugging or go to the amusement park?” I asked him and broke the hug. I don’t want to break the hug actually.

“Ah, mianhae. I just missed you so much.” And he gave me a quick kiss on my cheek.

“What? You missed me? What do you want?”

“Ehehehe nothing. We broke up actually.” He scratched his head.

“With Hyoyeon unnie? Waeyo?” I shocked. I feel happy yet feel sorry.

“I’ll explain to you later. Kaja!” and he held my hand to go to his car.

 

“Tell me, oppa.”

He sighed. He looks sad. But he still keeps his eyes on the road.

“Well, umm, I saw her together with another man. And that man is my sunbae.”

“Ah. Mianhae, oppa.”

“Aigoo. No need to say sorry, yeobo.” And he winked at me. God, I feel my cheeks are burning and I couldn’t breathe.

“Mwoya, oppa!” I hit his arm and he chuckled.

“But I feel relieved because we broke up.” He suddenly gets serious again. I looked at him weirdly.

“I feel I’m in love with another girl.” My heart dropped when he said that.

“Who is she?” I cleared my throat.

“No need to know. I will tell you when it’s time.”

 

 

“What do you want to ride, Jia-ah?” he put his arm around me.

“Uh, actually I really wanted to go to the haunted house. But I’m afraid.”

“Don’t worry. Oppa will be here. You can hug me if you want to.” He teased me.

“Ya, I don’t want to hug a monkey you know.” And we laughed together. Suddenly, I feel my head hurts so bad.

“Jia-ah, why do you look so pale?”

And all I could hear is only he’s screaming for help.

 

 

I opened my eyes and I see a doctor, my appa, my umma, Eunhyuk oppa and Donghae oppa.

“Where am I?” I see my umma crying and Donghae oppa is comforting her. I see Eunhyuk oppa looks sad. My heart breaks when I see him sad.

“You’ve been unconscious for 3 days, Jia-ah.” My appa told me.

“Why?” my appa sighed. Then the doctor patted his back and said, “Let me tell her.”

“Jia-ssi, you have brain tumor.” Damn. My tears are falling. I’m shocked. What the hell. I only know about brain tumor from movies. And I have brain tumor?!

“Can you cure me?” I asked him and sobbing. And my hand feels warm. Eunhyuk oppa is holding my hand.

“Yes we can by surgery. But the chance is only 20%.”

“I’ll take it.” I saw the doctor looked shocked.

“But, Jia-ah, the chance is only 20%. What if the surgery fail and you..” Donghae oppa stopped. I know he wanted to say “die”.

I smiled. “Appa, omma, oppa, I have everything what I wanted. My family loves me, Eunhyuk oppa always takes care of me. So it’s okay for me.” My words sounded weird and non-sense, but I know they know what I mean.

“So, you really want to take the surgery?” the doctor asked me. I nodded at him.

“We will have the surgery tomorrow. Jia-ssi, I will try my best.” The doctor held my hands. And I replied him with a smile.

 

That night, I spend it in the hospital’s room. I’m writing a letter. To my appa and omma. I thanked them for what they have done for me. To Donghae oppa, I also thanked him and I wrote a big heart on it. Last, I want to write to Eunhyuk oppa. I don’t know what I want to write. I keep staring at the moon for several minutes and I know what I want to write.

“Donghae oppa, donghae oppa.” I woke him up. Since he’s the one who stayed at the hospital with me.

“What? Are you hurt?” he looked worried.

“If I couldn’t make it, will you please give my letter to Eunhyuk oppa?”

“Don’t say that. And yes I will give it to him.” He received my letter.

“And will you explain everything to him?” he nodded.

My tears are falling again. I see Donghae oppa also crying. He hugged me tight and keeps saying that he loves me.

“Saranghae, oppa. Take care of appa and omma, arasso?”

 

Reader’s POV

Jia didn’t make it. The tumor is too big and it’s hard to get it. When her family heard the news, all of them are crying. Eunhyuk was there also. He’s sobbing. Jia’s father and Jia’s mother sat and read the letter that Jia’s wrote that night. They cried hard.

“Eunhyuk-ah, you like my sister aren’t you?” Donghae asked Eunhyuk.

“Ne. I love her. I really do. But I don’t know if she loves me too. I’m so mad because I didn’t get a chance to tell her.” Donghae patted his back. He gave Eunhyuk the letter that Jia’s wrote. He opened the letter and he sobs. It’s written only 4 words.

 

I loved you first.