Meeting Kai

Cupcake

 

You deeply sighed and rolled your eyes. Your parents were making you work at their small bakery until they got back from their business trip in Paris, France. Of course you didn’t care about running a bakery and didn’t want anything to do with it. You needed to focus on your schoolwork and other jobs. But you had to obey your parents either way.

“We explained everything already, so just have fun and be nice to the customers, sweetheart!” your parents cheerfully said as they left the bakery. “Got it,” you said in an unexcited tone. Your mother popped her head through the door one last time to say, “Oh! And please be nice to Kai. Bye sweetie!!”

Kai? Who the heck is Kai?

********

“Hello,” someone said to you. A shiver went down your spine as you heard this voice. It was unlike any other voice you have ever heard. You suddenly popped your head up and examined the boy in front of you. Oh. My. God. Who is this gorgeous boy? You felt your stomach flip and your heart beat faster. What was wrong with you? Why did you feel that way? You felt the room get extremely hot. Did someone just put me in an oven?!

“My name is Kai. Your parents hired me.” Kai said, looking right into your nonstop blinking eyes. “Uhhh yes….yes...uhhh,” you stammered, trying to form a complete sentence, but couldn’t even remember your name. Why is he so beautiful? You examined Kai again. He was absolutely the most beautiful human you had ever seen. Is he even human? How is he this perfect?

Kai was probably your age, around 18 or 19. He was tall, slender, and had the most captivating eyes. His skin was flawless, his lips were full, and his dark hair was perfectly tousled.

You stood there like a complete idiot. Just staring at the boy and stammering. You tried coming back to reality. “Ahh yes! My… name… is… _____” You paused for a moment as Kai stared into your eyes once more. This job just got a whole lot better.

******

You were busy decorating some cupcakes in the back, but couldn’t help but stop to glance at Kai, who was helping customers, every few minutes. You wanted to talk to him, but you were so embarrassed. Your face turned into a tomato just thinking about all that stammering, staring, and blinking you did earlier. I have totally blown my chance…

Cupcake decorating was not the most exciting job in the world, so you decided to take a break and introduce yourself to Kai again. You tried to think of some sentences and conversation topics, but nothing was coming to mind. AISH!! Why can’t I do this?

            “Okay! This is it! Just go talk to him!” You yelled at yourself. But you didn’t realize how loud you actually said it. Was I being too loud?

            “Talk to whom?” Kai coolly said. You jumped up when he said this. “Uhhh…talk to….him.” Kai looked confused. “Who?” You nervously laughed and walked out of the room.

            “Hey, where are you going ____?” Kai calmly asked you. HE KNOWS MY NAME?! Oh…yeah. I forgot I said – or stammered – my name earlier today.

            “We didn’t get to talk much earlier.” The gorgeous boy said warmly.

            “What do you mean?” You asked shyly.

            “Just….you know. Let’s talk.”

            “What?”

            “Come on.” Kai said as he gestured to the tables in the front.

            You didn’t know what to say or think. Instead you turned a burning red, and slightly titled your head so Kai wouldn’t see.

            Why am I not moving?

            Kai noticed you were still standing there. He took your hand in his and slowly guided you to a pretty table in the middle of the bakery. It felt as if someone sent electricity through your body. Your heart was beating fast and you felt extremely hot.

You never wanted to let go of his hand….