~When their paths cross, so does their fate . . .

~ **Love is a Battlefield ;;

 

Shrieks of agony filled the crowded battlefield, the rounds of bullets neverending. With each target in range, the snipers swiftly aimed and fired without an ounce of sympathy. Round midnight black balls were seen soaring throughout the air aiming for the enemies barricades. Machine guns were roaring as the triggers were pulled, effectively downing the opposing force. Blood curdling groans and moans were echoing from each side, the pounding off bodies being pumbled into the ground amplified. Body after body were seen falling without much effort; the blood. Crimson was streaked everywhere; on the trees, staining the light green grass, puddles poolingaround the injured and deceased. 
 
The injured were attempting to crawl towards safety, towards something to soothe the pain and torture. Tremblingforms clutched at the mud and dirt, which was embedding in their nails and staining their alabaster skin. Bodies were hung over comrades, weeping for the lifeless forms beneath them their own blood dripping from their mouths.
 
Horror filled eyes stared wide as he gulped, aiming his gun in a random direction before successfully knocking down an opposing soldier before hearing a familiar scream of terror, making his skin a deathly pale, his body goingrigid as he fell to his knees. Beside the soldier laid a white flag lying weakly in his palm, the soldiers chest rising and falling rapidly as he stared upon the never-ending, hazy sapphire sky. His blinked as the wound just barely missing his heart filled with blood before it ran over. 
 
Stiffly, the opposing soldier attempted to move his feet. It was like his boots were filled with cement as he barelydodged a bullet soaring in his direction. Tears poured from his eyes like a fountain as he wrtetch over bodies and through pools of blood, staining his attire in the crimson liquid. Swiftly, the young boy covered his ears as another cannon blared past his head landing over a military truck. Still, the boy continued to crawl, fear building up inside his chest as the boy in question panted, fingers digging deeply into the ground before a shriek emmited from deep inside his core.
 
Once the soldier made it towards his fallen enemy, a gasp was caught in his throat making him choke before sobs erupted from throat. His voice was raspy and sealed shut as he attempted to open his mouth, but to say what? He was sorry, he wished he never got drafted into the army? He placed his trembling hands gingerly over the wound on the other's chest, applying gentle pressure as he gazed upon the boys dull chocolate orbs.
 
"Eu... Eunh-yuk..." the boy breathed, sharply inhaling before the stinging sensation washed over him once more. A weak hand trembled as it reached forward onto to fall back onto the cool, solid ground beneath him, into a puddle of warm blood. Tears seeped from the corners of his eyes, exposing the paleness of his skin; the tears wiping the dirt from his face, "...Hyuk.." chocolate orbs searched for the other's. 
 
"I-I'm so.. So so sorry..." Eunhyuk weeped leaning his frame over his so-called enemy. "I-I never.. Never.. Me-meant to h-hurt you.." he shook his head, feeling the warmth leave Donghae's shaky chest. "I'm so sorry... I-I d-didn't know i-it was yo-you.." he gripped at Donghae's overcoat tightly, nuzzling his head into his chest careful of the hole gaping through.
 
Donghae's frail hand numbly wound into dirt caked raven hair, fingers soothing moving in slight circles. "I..t's... Not your.. F-fault.." his voice quivered as he spoke, eyelids struggling to stay open as he relaxed underneath Eunhyuk's weight feeling an odd comfort in it; "Shh.." he hushed the boy, tears staining his cheeks. Donghae felt a sudden numbing sensation in his lower body before biting his bottom lip to prevent the scream threatening to erupt from his chest. "I-I... F-finally g-g-got to m-meet you.." he murmured, voice barely over a whisper.
 
"Please.. N-no.. Y-you'll be o-okay.. Say you will.." Eunhyuk pleaded wretching backwards to stare over the boybeneath him before gently resting Donghae's head, placing it in his lap. "Look at me; p-please..? D-donghae? Donghae!" Dark eyes winced as stinging sensation hit his lower back, "Hae.!? I-I love you... Please, d-don't give u-up.. I can f-fix you.." he choked out, a small smile forming upon Donghae's angelic face.
 
"How.. Can you save m-me.. When you c-can't e-even.. Save yourself..?" he breathed, hazy orbs peering up at the man he'd fallen in love with only two months ago. A weak chuckle bubbled from his mouth as he coughed up a bit of blood, trickling down his mouth.
 
Eunhyuk's hands shook as he placed them back over the wound that eerily dripped with blood, eyelids fluttering closed briefly. "Donghae.." he gulped as he leaned his face awkwardly down towards the other's, lips hovering over the other's bloodied ones. 
 
Eunhyuk connected their lips softly, tasting metallic bitterness against his tongue as Donghae responded just barely. Donghae's eyes remained open as Eunhyuk kissed him with all he had; he could feel the intensity of the kiss even through the numbess creeping up his form. Donghae felt cool tears trickle down his neck cleansing his skin of the dried blood; he felt Eunhyuk's hand against his chest holding his wound. Donghae felt the numbness take over the place of Eunhyuk's hand suddenly. All Donghae could do was hold on to this moment, get it embedded into his memory while he could with the little time he had left. Donghae's lips were slowly turning a dark purple color, but Eunhyuk didn't notice, or maybe he did but didn't want to believe it. His tongue slid over the roof of Donghae's blood filled mouth, not caring about the bitter taste. He gently nibbled his bottom lip before lightly at his pale tongue. 
 
A gentle smile formed against Eunhyuk's mouth as his fingers loosened up in the muddy soil before a state of euphoria flittered through his veins. All the pain seemed to melt at that moment; all his burdens were released as his body went frigid beneath Eunhyuks touch. Donghae's chocolate orbs finally fluttered closed when Eunhyuk abruptly ended the kiss with a look of realization. 
 
"D-donghae!? Don't you d-dare!" he screeched at the boy who only went stone still in his arms; Tears prickled harshly at the boys eyes as a trembling hand reached for the pistol in his back pocket. With a gulp and a final look at Donghae, he placed his hand over the trigger, eyelids fluttering to a close, "I.. Love you, Donghae.." he breathed before a shriek of his name filled the seemingly silent battlefield.
 
"Eunhyuk! We won- No!" A firm voice shouted running as fast as his toned legs would send him before the final shot disrupted the silence. The commander closed his eyes for a moment before watching Eunhyuks form slouch forward over a body.  The stoic man took a deep breath before walking through the numerous deceased bodies before coming upon Eunhyuk's crimson body, blood rushing from the hole in the side of his head. His nose scrunched up before gently wretching Eunhyuks body gently backwards and onto the cold ground.
 
Onyx eyes went wide as he gazed at the sight before him. His own soldier drenched in not only his blood but another's as well. This particular soldier was wearing a totally different uniform which made the commander astonished as he peered upon the brunette's body, checking both their pulses just in case. He hung his head upon feeling nothing and said a prayer before casting one final look at the young boys thinking maybe North and South Korea could've ended their differences in some other form other than war...
 
-
-
 
Two Months before . . . 
 
Fingers tappped lightly against the midnight black keys, typing in the required username and password for the common teenage website. Raven hair bounced as the boy straightened up in his swivel chair, eying the screen curiously as he shifted through his messages and random requests made by girls around his age. His eyes crinkled at the sides and his gums showed as he laughed out loud at a post his friend had posted on one of his comments.
 
He hummed contently until he came across someone new that had recently viewed his profile. Raven eyebrows shot upwards before he swiftly clicked on the other teens picture. Dark eyes lit up considerably as he gazed upon the boy with smooth, porcelain skin and natural brunette hair. Chocolate orbs twinkled at him as he read the boys information. Eighteen, in his final year of high school; his name was stated boldy at the top. Lee Donghae...
 
Eunhyuk grinned before typing a quick message reading 'Hey.. My names Lee Hyukjae, but I go by Eunhyuk; I see you've checked out my profile, what do you think?' The boy clicked send before leaning back into his swivel chair, eyelids fluttering close until a soft 'ding!' erupted from the speakers. 
 
'I noticed :3 My name is Donghae... Umm, well, I really like your profile you actually remind me of someone I met years ago... ^^" You live in Korea, too? :o That's really awesome~ ^^'
 
Eunhyuk nibbled his bottom lip harshly before wincing as he drew blood; 'Yeah... I mean, it's cool I guess :) What's up?' 
 
A minute had passed before he received a reply, good thing too - he was anticipating. 'Well... Nothing really just bored! I wish there was something to do around here!'
 
Eunhyuk chuckled lightly, enjoying the warm feeling engulfing his chest, 'Let's video chat or something; I bet I could keep you entertained'
 
He waited patiently for a moment before grinning a gummy smile, 'We'll see about that ;)'
 
 
Eunhyuk awaited for the other to accept his chat invite, drumming his fingers lightly over his desk in anticipation. A ding and a beautiful face popped upon his screen sheepishly grinning before sending a teasing smile in his direction. Eunhyuk stuck his tongue out playfully before opening his mouth to speak - Donghae beat him to it.
 
"It's so cool to finally meet you! I just got my cam last night and I could barely sleep knowing I'd finally get to actually hear your voice! I always assumed you would sound really nice like.. Your voice won't be that deep but no high either.. Well? What are you waiting for? Say something?" Donghae chuckled as he smiled childishly leaning forward so one of his eyes was blinking into the camera.
 
Eunhyuk smiled back, "You're so weird, you know that?" he teased with a gummy smile making the boy pout suggestively, "Aww~ Someone's adorable, huh?" Eunhyuk regarded in a sarcastic tone, playfully rolling his eyes.
 
"You have an accent~" Donghae cooed before just smiling. 
 
"Why do you keep smiling at me like that?" Eunhyuk inquired, flipping his raven hair from his eyes.
 
"Ohh... Is it bothering you?" Donghae frown slightly before fiddling with his thumbs.
 
Eunhyuk placed a finger on his chin, "No actually.. It's weird because I think I actually like the way you look at me.."
 
Donghae felt something heat up inside his chest. A blush faintly colored his cheeks as he sheepishly glanced up at the raven haired boy who gazed expectedly, "Everyone thinks I'm weird at school.. It's like I don't fit in sometimes.." Donghae frowned once more, feeling a prickling sensation behind his eyes.
 
Eunhyuk noticed and winced not enjoying the sight, "Are you crying..? Please don't cry.. I hate it when people cry.."
 
Donghae roughly wiped at his eyes with the back of his sleeves before shaking his head, gazing at his keyboard, "I-I don't cry... I'm eighteen, I can't cry... I'm supposed to be a man right? M-men aren't supposed to cry, they're supposed to be the strong ones during situations.. N-not weak.. Like me..." he whispered the last part.
 
"Listen Donghae..." Eunhyuk breathed into his mic, "Everyone cries, and just because you do it, it doesn't make you weak at all. Maybe it's true we're supposed to be tough or whatever the hell it is society expects from us, but we're not men, not yet at least.. We're young, so don't beat yourself up about something silly like that.."
 
Donghae ran his digits through his silky hair before smiling slightly at the other's encouraging words. The boy sniffled before gazing into the camera, "After high school, I wanna do something important in my life.. I-I don't wanna be the weakling out of the bunch.. People pressure me to do all these things, but I wanna make my own choices sometimes.. I wanna be a somebody.."
 
Eunhyuk clenched his fists at his sides wondering who would or could discourage this boy so much into making him think this radically of himself. He didn't credit himself for who he was apparently because he'd fallen for the boy the first moment they had a conversation. His face was beautiful and flawless, he was natural. He was funny and sweet, and just... Dare he say the words..? Perfect.
 
"You can be a somebody, Hae.." Eunhyuk spoke softly in a soothing tone, "Well, at least.. You can be my somebody.." Donghaes sniffling halted as soon as the words were spoken, instead something clenched in his  chest. The warm, fuzzy sensation tickled at his stomach as he glanced up towards the camera with an awestruck expression as if he'd said something completely peculiar.
 
"Y-you.. W-what?" Donghae stuttered rubbing at his moist, red eyes.
 
"I'll always be here for you - forever and always, I promise. I never wanna hurt you, and God forbid that I do one day, I'll do whatever it takes to make up for it..." Eunhyuk solemnly swore with a genuine smile. "The day I'll stop fighting  for you will be the day you wave that white flag, do you understand me?" he whispered in a firm voice.
 
"I just.. I don't this to end badly... I know what you mean, b-but I-I hope that day never comes.. Sometimes love is like a battlefield - everyone relationship has it's ups and downs and.. I-I just.." Donghae couldn't pinpoint the exact words. 
 
"If love is a battlefield, then I'll fight and win that war. As long as I have you in the end, okay..? It's cheesy, but I really mean it.." Eunhyuk heard a sweet tinkling noise before he realized Donghae was laughing at him.
 
"You make it sound like we're starting a war or something..." 
 
Here is my apology one-shot Dx My EOCT's are next week :3 Wish me luck ><" Then I finally have Summer to catch up with my writing :3 <3