The First Meeting...

How Tao fell in love with Gucci?

 

It was the summer of the year 2011. All the EXO members have been working extremely hard for their debut, the date of which was still unknown. Everyone practiced various dancing and singing techniques for hours, except someone who also had to sharpen his wushu skills. Tao already knew all the possible things he required to know. However, his managers kept making him do the same thing over and over again. He didn’t wanna do it anymore. These days thoughts have been floating in his empty head. Are the managers giving us false hopes? With so many groups debuting, will we even be noticed?

“That’s enough practice. Let’s end it early today. Take rest and I will see you at 4:30 am sharp tomorrow morning. You have worked hard.” said the Manager as he exited the room.

“Are you kidding me? Its freaking 11:00 pm! How the heck is that early? We barely get any sleep. I can’t even talk to my friends or parents. They made me close my Facebook account. Gosh! So frustrating… ” exclaimed Kris.

Maintaining his cool demeanor, Suho said, “It’s only a few more months. We can do this, guys. In order to cheer you all up, tonight’s dinner is on me.”

“Kim Joon Myun! Kim Joon Myun! Kim Joon Myun!” cheered everyone in unison except Tao. “What’s wrong Tao?” shouted Chanyeol with his rather husky voice that made Tao embarrassed as everyone was now staring at him.

“Nothing I am feeling really tired. You guys can go.” said Tao in a very exhausted tone. Xiu Min knew that this would be the end of their dinner plans. Afterall all the members did things together and never left anyone out. But he really wanted to eat those dumplings today. He said, “Tao has been practicing more than us these days. Let’s leave him out for today guys as he seems really exhausted.” and sprinted out of the room before anyone could say anything. The rest of the members followed him one after the other. Kris didn’t wanna leave Tao alone and almost turned back to get him before he saw D.O staring right at him. Since the video of him and Tao crossing a street leaked onto YouTube, the members have been doubting them of sneaking out of the dorms. He didn’t want to create any trouble so he just followed everyone else out.

Tao was still sitting there in a corner of the practice room not knowing what to do. A part of him wanted to go with the members but his tired body wouldn’t allow it. After a while he decided to get to his room. As he slowly stood up, he saw something sitting on the ground across the room. Their female vocal instructor seemed to have forgotten it. He could sense the feeling of solitude from it. They both had something in common. As his legs took a step after another approaching this fascinating object, his breaths grew heavier. He could literally hear his heart beating faster and faster. Tao could not believe what he was seeing. It was the first time he saw something so stunning yet sophisticated; dazzling yet exquisite. He could read the letters ‘G’ ‘U’ ‘C’ ‘C’ ‘I’ clearly inscribed on it. The pattern on its exterior reminded him of the cheetah he saw in a Zoo, while he was still in China. He wanted to pet it, but his mom said it was too dangerous. That was when he decided to take up martial arts to fight against human fears. He could see his whole life portrayed by this object. Now he was just inches away from it. He always believed that things that appear beautiful from far are very different when viewed from a near distance. However, he couldn’t find a single flaw in this body. His hand reached ahead to touch it. A physical contact was something that was enough for him to feel it emotionally. Before he could realize, a tear fell from his right eye. His Grandma told him once that a tear falling from your left eye means pain and right eye mean happiness. Tao always had tears fall from his left eye. All those body injuries he experienced from his vigorous training caused him a lot of pain both physically and emotionally. He could not believe he was experiencing a different emotion today. What is this object? Why is he so happy looking at it? His long fingers touched the bag gently till it reached the zipper. The metal on the zipper was very cold. He felt that it was very unwelcoming and protected all the hidden secrets inside it. Tao was curious of its insides. He slowly opened the zipper, the sounds of which echoed in the empty room. As he opened it faster and faster, the sounds grew louder and louder until it was completely open. He was now exposed to all the deep secrets it has been hiding. His hand gradually went into it.

“Tao…” called someone. He opened his eyes to see Kris in front of him. “Its 4:30am. Wake up and get ready.” Tao realized he was in his room sleeping on his bed. It was slowly sinking into him. Was it all a dream? Tao stood up to get ready still drowned in his thoughts. As he pulled his blanket to make his bed, he saw it. He saw a limited edition premium Gucci handbag lying on his bed.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How was it? xD