Chapter 1.

The Guy Who Loves Me

"I missed you baby!"
You ran out and hugged your boyfriend, Minhyun.

 
He gave a small grin and started off to his car, making no move to hold your hand, or to give you a peck on your cheek, as he always did.
 
Something was wrong.
 

 
Halfway through dinner, Minhyun excused himself and headed to the restroom.
 
You stared at the direction he went, and a sudden phone ringtone brought you back to reality.
 
You picked up Minhyun's phone and stared at the screen.
 
"Baby calling~"
 
*Baby? Who's baby?* You thought.
 
"Why did you look at my phone without permission?!" Minhyun chided.
 
Tears started welling in your eyes.
 
"We dated for 5 years, Minhyun. 5 years. You cheated on me yet you didn't say? I knew something was wrong the moment I saw you when i was back in Seoul. I should have known." You stood up, slapped him and ran out.
 
You dashed across the road, not noticing that there was a car speeding towards you.
 
It stopped just in time.
 
You continued running, dazed.
 
Unconsciously, you ended up in your own home. You unlocked the door, walked into your room and crawled into bed.
 
*My boyfriend of 5 years... Minhyun... How could you do this to me...* You threw a pillow against the wall, crawled under the blanket and cried.
 
- - -
 
You were awoken by the sound of your ringtone.
 
-28 missed calls-
 
You checked the call log and noticed that all the missed calls were from your friend, Dongwoon.
 
You texted Dongwoon.
 
Y: Sorry, in no mood to talk.
 
Awhile later, Dongwoon replied you.
 
DW: Maybe talking about it will make you feel better.
 
You pondered over Dongwoon words, then picked up your phone and dialled his number.
 
"Hi Dongwoon oppa."
 
"What happened?"
 
You sighed, then told him everything.
 
"What?! How could he treat you like this?! This is unfair. You treated him nicely."
 
"I can't do anything about it though."
 
"Yes you can, date me."
 
"No way. You told me you already have a girl you liked, didn't you?"
 
"I know I shouldn't say this now, since you just broke up, but I want you to know... I like you."
 
You let out a gasp.
 
"I liked you since the first day I saw you. The day when I transferred to your kindergarden."
 
You hung up the phone on him, not knowing what to say. All you wanted to do is to forget what he said.
 
You dressed up and headed to the park. You bought a popsicle and sat on the swing.
 
Despite it being noisy in the park, your thoughts keep returning to what Dongwoon said.
 
"I like you."
 
You bit the popsicle, unsure and confused.
 
You finished the popsicle and started to head back home.
 
You took out your phone and started to type out a message.
 
You crossed the road, not knowing that there was a speeding car driving towards you.
 
It didn't stop on time.
 

 
Your phone was crushed.
 
If people could have seen what you have typed out, they probably could have cried.
 
"Dongwoon, you were my one and only best friend. When I needed you, you were there for me. When I was bullied, you helped me. When my parents and brother died, you took care of me. Thanks for everything.
And I just wanna let you know...
I like you."