Insecurities

Insecurities

 

Jaekyung's POV

 

I opened my eyes and raised myself from my bed. Beads of pespiration rolled down the sides of my face as I breathed in huge amounts of air. 

The nightmare came back again. No surprise though, this happens every night. And when I try to contact Sungyeol for comfort, he rejects my call, just like every other night.

"I am sorry, the receiver could not--" I sighed as I cancelled my call. I looked at the mirror which happenned to be across me.

Am I so ugly that even Sungyeol can't seem to contact me anymore?

I looked at my reflection, how long was I going to keep this up? I was so tired of acting like I'm okay outside even though my heart is slowly breaking into pieces, leaving me in unbearable pain. I want my old life back, when girls were not throwing themselves at Sungyeol every time and when hel actually had the time to spend with me. But what was I to do? I was the one whom encouraged him to audition after all.

Truthfully speaking, I am proud of him for making it this far, really, I am. Infinite is just a bunch of people with great personalities and wants to share their talent with the world. But for once, just once, I want to be selfish, I want Sungyeol all to myself. Is it so bad, for his girlfriend to spend time with him? 

I sighed as I diverted my gaze to my phone's screensaver. In the picture, I was smiling happily and Sungyeol was doing a childish pose. We were smiling so brightly.. We were so happy.

Oh, how I miss those days, but It's too late now. Before I noticed, tears started to roll down from my eyes. Just like every other night.

Lee Sungyeol, I know I'm ugly, I know I am nothing compared to the girls that buy your albums and posters for I cannot afford it. I can only give you my undying support, but those girls can give it to you too. I am poor, ugly and useless, I can't even walk without support! So why, oh why, did you ever fall for me and charm me so that I could love you if you know I am so helpless?

I sobbed harder every second, nobody knew what it feels like.

 

Sungyeol's POV

I dropped down on my knees. I was so exhausted and for the fact that I almost forgot that today was Jaekyung's birthday angered me.

Infinite was doing well, thank God, but I noticed that my time spent with Jaekyung is getting lesser, and lesser and lesser. I knew she noticed that too but if I see her in the audience during the performances where I gave her the extra tickets, she would put up an act and pretend to be happy. I have been her boyfriend for many years and I know how she acts. From looking at her eyes, I knew that she was hurt when some people said some things that is sensitive to her.

I almost broke down in front of everybody when a girl pushed Jaekyung down just because Jaekyung was cheering for me. She can't even walk by herself let alone stand up! 

Also, I could not believe that I have a full-day schedule today. How was I going to visit her? I am so stupid for forgetting her birthday! If I had remembered, I woud've told manager-hyung to re-arrange my schedule so that I could see Jaekyung today!

Reluctantly, I tried calling her. I frowned when I could not contact her.

Out of choices, I sent her a SMS.

"Hey! Happy Birthday! How are you? Sorry, I can't visit you today, but I'll do it soon! Promise! Love you! :)<3

--Sungyeol"

I hit the send button an waited for her reply even though it was about 3AM in the morning. In a few minutes, she replied back,

"Thanks. I'm fine and don't worry, I am used to it. Sungyeol, don't make promises you can't keep. Love you too.

--Jaekyung"

I frowned at her formal and harsh reply. She did not even add an emoticon! And what did she meant by 'Don't make promises you can't keep'? I decided to reply back.

"Not asleep yet? Go to sleep, you'll get eyebags that will ruin your pretty face. Anyway, no emoticon? :(

--Sungyeol"

I immediately got a reply back once I hit sent.

" Going to sleep soon. Goodnight. :/

--Jaekyung"

I sighed at the SMS. Well, since it is still early, I'll just go to sleep.

When I woke up, I immediately got ready for my schedule. I was going to make a live appearance in a popular show. I ate some toast and went off.

Once the show started, the host introduced me. He asked me some questions and I answered them.

"Sungyeol-sshi, do you have a girlfriend?" The host suddenly asked me. I was shocked and did not know what to answer.

With regret, I answered that I did not have a girlfriend. To make my life worse and make me feel more guilty, he asked, "so, does that mean you are open to any girl after your 'No Dating' contract has ended?"

I sighed and answered yes. Girls in the room cheered and roared. I think that the host apparently had something against me since he asked me about my personal life, mostly about relationships, throughout the whole show and made me say some things that was sure to hurt Jaekyung.

Soon, the show was over. I was so happy that I immediately rushed out of the setting. 

I switched on my phone and instantly, a SMS popped up.

"Let's break up.

--Jaekyung"

________________________________________________________________________________________

I felt that I was rushing, sorry.