The Audition Competition pt. 1

Jeremy Yang is a Girl.

 

***

                Lights were flashing. They shone like a million rays from the sun on me. I walked up onto the stage, my male competitors stood on the side, laughing at how stupid I must be to challenge them. With a smirk and a snap, 'Who Am I' by Zico (ft. Mino) began to play.

                That's when they stopped laughing.

                Each move I made, each step I took, turned into artwork. My breakdancing was not just a series of choreography, but a work of art that told a story of grief, eventually leading to power, and then the strapping, powerful desire for acknowledgment. I spun, crossing my legs and dropping to floor, then pushed my whole weight up with my legs. I wanted to be extra, so I added a rap sequence. The crowd was blown away. Such a small figure could create such an vast impact. My name, all of you, know it. My name is,

                                "JEREMY YANG! GIVE IT UP FOR JEREMY EVERYONE!"

                By the time I had finished, I was breathless as I received a standing ovation. A wide grin formed on my face as I poured with overwhelming happiness. I bowed quickly as the rest of the competitors ran on stage, glaring me down. I was better than them, I thought to myself, even if I lose, I know I was the best.

                Too busy regaining my breath, I hadn't realize that I actually did win. The host pulled my arm up, and my eyes widened. The crowd cheered, standing up and throwing me thumbs ups, and peace signs. The other competitors sighed with defeat, but eventually found the pride to come over and shake my hand as I took the trophy in my hands.

                "Jeremy Yang! All-Male Champion Breakdancer! Let's have a round of applause!"

elating 

 

                As the crowd cheered and sang for me, I laughed inside. I'm a girl.

***

                "I gotta hand it to ya," One of competitors complimented,  "for a girl you're pretty good."

                I turned around to see an attractive figure. His eyes shone underneath the stage lights as people rushed past us to get everything put away. The crowd began clearing as I cocked an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms.

                "Yeah?"

                "Have you ever been a trainee for a company?" The young man asked, admiring my trophy. I shook my head, clutching it closer to me. It's not like it was the first time I've gotten one of these, but this seemed the most special to me for some reason. He noticed the expertise between my trophy and I and backed away just slightly.

                "You'd be pretty with long hair." He suddenly acknowledged. I let out a dry laugh and looked at him with a small smile.

                "Is that why you're here? To compliment how I'd look as a girl?"

                "Well, you are here as a guy." The young man chuckled, "I'm Kim Jongin."

                He held out his hand to me as I slipped my hand firmly into it, shaking it. "Yang EunJ-- " I paused, "Jeremy. Yang Jeremy."

                ***

 2 years later.

                "Don't worry." He assured me, rubbing my shoulder. "You'll do awesome. No the BEST. You are the best. I know you."

                I fell on my rear end, slumping down as I wrapped the towel around my neck and as Jongin rubbed my forehead with the towel, and then gave me a water bottle. "Drink up. You have a competition soon, Jeremy."

                He laughed and rubbed his forehead, "I really like this alter ego of yours."

                "Shhh." I said quickly. The dance and preparation room was full of boys. All from ages 14 to 23, all of them competing for the same prize -- money. It was a large, but sweaty room. Jongin and I were the only people wearing all of our clothing, and it was always us who took breaks first.

                However, Jongin was just here to accompany me and my dance partners for this International Competition. He was always here to help me during these contests. I've won nearly over 20 since we've met, and we stuck together like bark on a tree ever since. He's my bestfriend. The only one who didn't question why I liked to dress as a guy.

                It wasn't a matter of preference, however. It was because I wanted to prove that as a girl, I could do anything a guy can. Of course, the hosts and crap wouldn't believe me and would not let me enter as a girl, so I have to enter as a guy. It's fun, really - especially when they can't tell for their life, and the guys treat you like one of them.

                But Jongin is always so overprotective. He'd push them away when I talk to them, and made sure I kept close to him. I guess that's how domineering people are anyways.

                "Hey!"

                 Jongin and I turned around. It was Park Chanyeol, one of Jongin's friends. He would always call him 'Kai' for some reason. Maybe it was a childhood thing, but they were just as close as him and I were.

                Chanyeol's eyes glimmered with ambition everytime I looked at him. He aimed high for this competition because it offered a chance to enter SM Entertainment. A company that delivered some of Kpop's best bands - like SNSD, DBSK, Super Junior, all the songs we were going to dance to today. Chanyeol, and another person were going to be my partners, and we were going to dance to SNSD's Gee. At first, Jongin objected, but we continually insisted until there was no other choice. Man, were we laughed at the whole time during practice. But we were 'men' full of pride. Oh, and Chanyeol didn't know I was a girl.

                "Jeez, Jeremy." Chanyeol laughed, punching my shoulder as Jongin jerked. I looked at him assuringly and stood up, nudging Chanyeol back with my shoulder,

                 "Hey. What's up? Ready to go? Where's the last one?" I asked, looking over his shoulder. Chanyeol had a small look of anxiety.

                "he can't make it."

                "What?!" Jongin and I both exclaimed at the same time.

                "He told me he came down with a fever, so he couldn't make it." Chanyeol swallowed, crossing his arms. "He just called... he did sound pretty bad."

                "What are we going to do?" I whined, rubbing my cheeks and hopping on the spot, "We could get disqualified. We entered with a trio, not a duo."

                Chanyeol looked at Jongin pleadingly, "Dude, can you?"

                "I..I don't know.." He puffed, looking at us.

                "We don't have time," I said quickly, grabbing onto Chanyeol's arm, "Just watch us!" I called to Jongin as the announcement for the contestants began.

                Chanyeol and I threw on our colourful girly sweaters and skinny jeans in the change room as everyone shuffled by and laughed at us. Chanyeol sighed as he looked at me with an insistent expression. I made an OK sign with my fingers as I pushed my foot into my shoes, standing up and holding my hand out to him.

                "We're going to win."

                His smile hesitated, but he grabbed onto my hand and pulled himself up, nodding as we walked out towards the backstage. Jongin was waiting there. As soon as he saw the both of us, his worried face turned into an outgoing smile.

                "You guys look cute."

                "Oh, put down the lid." Chanyeol growled. I snickered and tied his hair into a little tree at the top. He moaned in annoyance as I clapped my hands together, Jongin and I mocking him with a cheesy smile. We all liked to bully each other in different ways, some more than others. Chanyeol was always the one picked on amongst the 3 of us.

                "Wow! y!"

                Our names were called as the last of the trio competitors were being pulled up. Merely, I passed a guy who seemed too familiar to my liking. I turned around, and Chanyeol tugged at my shoulder, gesturing for me to pay attention as we walked on stage. All the fangirls screamed. They liked us--no, loved us.

                "Where's your third?" The judge at the front asked, frowning. 

 



 

It's so shoooort! Wahhh, it's so bad. x'D

Comment and subscribe for more ~ give me all your love. WHAT IS LOVE?! I LOSE MY MIND~