The beginning of the end...

The Tree of Life

 

It was a bright sunny day. The sunlight shone through the window of my class and fell over my notebook. Normally I would get annoyed by it. However, today it was different. It did not burn my skin; instead its pleasant touch reminded me of my mother. I haven’t seen her in months. It felt like a shorter day than usual, mostly because I have been drowned in my thoughts and feelings all day long. Watching all these people in my class laughing and giggling makes me question. What are they thinking? Are they really happy with their lives or are they just using happiness as a means to cover their hidden secrets? Lately, questions like these have been questioning me.

Questions that have no answers.

“What are you thinking again?” said a deep voice from behind. I turned to look at those eyes looking at me. I could see them shining in the light of fire. His hair resembled a wild flame burning, constantly disturbed by wind. Fire seemed to have a puzzling connection to this person.

“Hyung!! ... Are you even listening?” said he.

“Yes”

“What’s wrong with you? I couldn’t get in contact with you for a few days. Where have you been?”

“I felt sick.” I lied.

“I wonder if you are lying to me. Everyone’s using the sick card these days. But I don’t really wanna pressure you…. Oh right! I was gonna ask you. Me and kris…”

“Kris and I..” I corrected.

“K, fine. Kris and I were planning to go to the movies today. Wanna come?” he insisted.

I didn’t wanna reject him. “I’ll come” I said while trying to smile.

“Ok nice. I will see you at six at the riverside then” said Chanyeol as he walked away.

Later that day, I looked at my watch. It read 5:33PM as my legs walked down the road running along the river. I suddenly stopped as I was looking at something I haven’t seen before. It’s been a while, since I’ve been here - almost a half year maybe. But, it was hard to convince myself that something so wonderful had grown in such a short period.  It appeared like a tree to the normal human eye. It was a weeping willow without leaves. There were weird symbols inscribed on it. As I neared it to take a good view, little did I know about the twisted fate waiting ahead of me. My legs continued to approach the tree. The nearer I went, the more I felt a feeling that was intertwined with excitement, fear and hope, hope for a change. Before I could realize, the path towards the tree felt infinitely long. I raised my hand to touch it. I did touch something, something tjat was standing there. I heard it speak, “You can’t reach the tree”. I asked “Why?” – the most important question I wanted to know the answer of, among all others.

It answered. An answer is what I have been waiting. “Years ago, when man started living on this planet, the skies and the ground were one legend. There existed twelve forces that nurtured the tree of life – the tree you were chasing. However, an inexplicable thirteenth force created the evil that dwells within man. It destroyed the heart of the tree of life composing of the twelve forces and the heart slowly grew dry. It is almost impossible to eliminate this evil but with an intent to reduce its effect, the twelve legends, hereby, come together in search of twelve different human souls to accustom it. Your challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to take up a journey in search of these people. However, if you reject it, you will never remember what happened today….  Will you accept it?”

There were twelve spherical objects sitting on the ground with the same symbols I saw on the tree. I did not need to think what I was going to choose. My answer was obvious, probably the most common answer any person would give. I said,

“YES”

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you liked it. Please leave a comment on how it was and any improvements you would like to see. Based on the people who want it, I will continue ;D 

{LOL Its SO cliched -_-}