Because of You

Thanks to You

"MinAh!" KiKwang called, causing MinAh to turn around.

A bashful smile instantly formed on her face as she saw KiKwang running over to her.

"Oppa! What are you doing here? Your courses start in two hours." MinAh asked, curious about why her boyfriend had been looking for her.

"Today is New Year's Eve~ So tonight, it'll just be me and you, okay?" KiKwang explained, hoping MinAh didn't already have plans.

"I'd love to spend New Year's Eve with you!" MinAh exclaimed happily, smiling an ecstatic smile as KiKwang looked at her with relief.

"Alright, good. I'll pick you up here after you're done studying." KiKwang finished, kissing MinAh's forehead before he waved goodbye and walked away.

MinAh sighed happily as she resumed her walk to her class.

"Looks like I won't be alone during New Year's this time!" MinAh giggled to herself, receiving a few stares from people.

She didn't care; she was spending New Year's Eve with the love of her life.

When she walked into class, she saw a few students sitting down, however, she didn't see the professor.

"Thank God I'm not late." MinAh sighed to herself as she sat on her usual seat.

MinAh sighed as she checked how she looked like in her small mirror until it was snatched out of her hands.

"MinAh! No need to check yourself out, you're always pretty!" one of MinAh's friends exclaimed as she hid the mirror behind her back.

"Yah, MinAh, you're gonna hang out with us tonight, right? Just the three of us?" MinAh's other friend asked, pointing at all three of them.

"Oh, gosh...if you only would have asked me earlier..." MinAh muttered, avoiding eye contact from her friends.

Her friends gasped. "So you have plans already? With who?" one of them asked, not having a clue who could have been more important.

"KiKwang oppa, duh." her friend pointed out, causing MinAh to turn red.

"It's alright, MinAh! We'll hang out with other friends~ You go spend time with your KiKwangie." her friend reassured MinAh as the professor walked in, and the two girls took their seats.

 

Hours later, MinAh was occupied with studying in the library.

She left at six, since the library was going to close early for the New Year.

She waited at the fountain in front of the campus, expecting KiKwang to be there, waiting for her.

To her surprise, he wasn't. "Calm down, MinAh~ You can't always expect things to go your way~" MinAh whispered, reassuring herself that KiKwang was on his way.

After half an hour of waiting, it was getting really really cold, and MinAh just wanted to be in KiKwang's arms.

She checked her phone, wondering if she received a call or a message from kiKwang without her knowing it.

To her disappointment, she had not gotten a text or a call from KiKwang.

She texted KiKwang a couple of messages, and then waited for a reply.

The poor girl sat there, checking her phone every twenty seconds to see if he had replied.

Ten minutes had passed, and still no reply from KiKwang.

She tried calling KiKwang, but it seemed as if his phone was turned off, since the call went straight to voice mail.

MinAh could have called her friends and tell them she was going to celebrate with them, but because of the disappointment from KiKwang, she wasn't really in the mood to celebrate.

MinAh had found herself walking into a plaza near the college campus, and to her amazement, all of the plaza's shops were still open.

"On New Year's Eve?" MinAh whispered, as she walked around the plaza to do a little window shopping.

MinAh came across a banner that had the words ' Happy New Year, KaeMi! Honeybear loves you lots! '

After MinAh read it, she chuckled to herself. "This KaeMi must be one lucky girl," MinAh sighed as she continued to look into the stores, which had the same exact banner as the first one.

She had finished walking around the plaza and was about to walk home. She turned around to take one last look at the plaza, and she two figures standing in the middle of the plaza.

 

MinAh sneakily walked over to one of the statues and hid behind it and continued to look at the two figures.

"He looks like KiKwang." MinAh thought to herself, hoping with all her heart that it wasn't him.

"You did this all for me, oppa?" the girl asked as she hands grabbed his hands.

"Of course I did, why wouldn't I?" the boy chuckled as he kissed the girl's forehead.

They turned towards a position where MinAh could see who the boy was clearly.

It was who she had hoped it wasn't; KiKwang.

She felt weak in the knees, but she had to go over there.

She stormed over to KiKwang and glared at him.

"You did all of this..." MinAh mumbled, taking one glance at the girl before looking back at KiKwang, "for HER?" KiKwang looked at MinAh as he slowly widened his eyes.

"Oh, . M-MinAh, I-I'm so sorry, I forgot-" KiKwang tried to explain.

"You FORGOT? More like you made me have high expectations of not spending new Year's Eve ALONE." MinAh shouted, tears streaming down her face.

The mascara she had put on wasn't waterproof, but she didn't really give a damn at the moment.

MinAh slapped KiKwang's cheek and immediately turned away and started walking.

"Oppa!" the girl cried as she touched KiKwang's cheek. KiKwang just stared at the floor.

 

MinAh kept walking until she reached the park where KiKwang had first confessed his love for her.

"I love you, MinAh~" KiKwang's words played back in MinAh's mind.

"I can't believe it was all a bunch of stupid lies..." MinAh mumbled, bursting into tears after she had taken a seat on the swing.

KiKwang usually sat next to her on that swing, but MinAh was alone.

MinAh kept crying, and when it seemed like just a few seconds turned out to be hours of crying and sobbing.

When MinAh had finally calmed herself down, it was an hour before a new year.

"This year..." MinAh whispered, "I want a year full of suprises and new adventures."

She looked up at the beautiful night sky, imagining KiKwang being there with her.

"A year full of surprises and new adventures you'll get, darling!" a familiar voice chimed from behind MinAh.

MinAh turned around and widened her eyes. "Y-Yoseob?" MinAh muttered, smiling as if she had just aced a big test.

"Why are you here? Don't you live two hours away?" MinAh asked as she watched Yoseob take off his jacket, put it on MinAh, and sit on the swing next to MinAh.

"Well, yeah, but JunHyung called and asked if I wanted to come and celebrate the new year with him, DongWoon, DooJoon, and HyunSeung. He told me you were gonna spend the New Year with KiKwang, so what are you doing here?" Yoseob explained, tilting his head to one side.

"Well, I could ask you the same thing." MinAh chuckled lightly, pushing her feet against the floor so that the swing would move a little.

"I was walking to JunHyung's house when I saw you. Now tell me why you're not celebrating with KiKwang." YoSeob answered, waiting for a reply.

MinAh bit her lip as she sighed and explained to Yoseob what had happened.

"That inconsiderate ! This time he's not getting away with it." Yoseob growled as he stood up and was about to leave, but MinAh grabbed his arm.

"Don't, oppa." MinAh sighed as she looked at Yoseob with pleading eyes.

Yoseob sat back down on the swing and looked at MinAh.

"I...I can't believe I fell so hard for him." MinAh mumbled, her attention on the ground as she pushed her feet against the floor.

"And...I-" MinAh wanted to say more, but she just couldn't.

She choked back on tears as her tears dropped onto Yoseob's jacket.

"MinAh, don't waste your tears on him, he's not worth it. Sure, he's my friend and all, but he can't be after all that he has done to you." Yoseob explained as MinAh turned her head towards Yoseob.

 

"If only...KiKwang oppa was just like you...then I would have no problems at all." MinAh mumbled as she sniffled and looked away from Yoseob.

Yoseob froze and slowly turned his head towards MinAh.

"Oh, MinAh...you don't know, do you? You don't know that I fell in love with you the day KiKwang brought you over to our house..." Yoseob thought, sighing.

"If...If only...I had met you first, you know? If that happened, then I think I would've chosen you over him anyday." MinAh sighed, looking back at Yoseob.

"You're just saying that because you're upset with KiKwang." Yoseob chuckled, rocking the swing back and forth slowly, hoping that what he said wasn't true.

"Nuh uh! Tha'ts not true! I really do think that, oppa!" MinAh argued, a pout on her face.

MinAh jumped when she heard the sound of fireworks.

She looked up at the sky, and she saw a magical burst of color.

"Happy New Year, MinAh." Yoseob said, taking his phone out so that MinAh could see that it was midnight.

"A new year full of surprises and new adventures." Yoseob added with a small chuckle as he stuffed his phone back into his pocket.

MinAh smiled at Yoseob's statement.

"Happy new year...Yoseob." MinAh sighed as she smiled slightly.

Yoseob snuck a kiss on MinAh's cheek as he quickly pulled back.

"Sorry for the cheesy New Year's present." Yoseob apologized nervously as he ruffled his hair.

"It's not one bit cheesy." MinAh giggled.

Yoseob and MinAh looked at each other, and they both leaned in and kissed each other.

Yoseob kissed a bit deeper, and MinAh didn't do anything about it.

When they both pulled away, their foreheads leaning against each other, Yoseob smiled a dorky smile.

"You have no idea how long I have been dreaming to do that to you." Yoseob chuckled shyly, blushing.

"I love you, MinAh." Yoseob whispered, his nose touching MinAh's.

She giggled. "I think...that I do too." MinAh muttered as she kissed him.

Nothing could make the atmosphere better, with the fireworks blasting into the dark night sky, and the feeling that MinAh had found a surprise and a new adventure in the new year.