Chapter 1, A year before.

Untitled (Will change, I haven't thought of a title yet)

 

It was nine thirty in the morning in our small apartment. The smell of the toasts filled the house and the fried eggs making its deliciously-attractive-sizzling noises. I turned off the stove to wake my brother up for the big day, but before I even got turned, a wild hug appeared!

“Happy birthday, An Eun Jae! Here’s your present!” He said, while he let go and handed me some kind of monster looking... teddy bear? It had I Love You written on its body and a love heard on its belly button, I think it’s a heart anyway. One of its eyes was sticking out and was missing an ear. It had a patch over where the other ear was supposed to be. Strangely though, it was very neatly sowed, of course, I smiled at that. But then I just had to ask what the hell this is supposed to be.

“Oh, uh, thanks bro… What’s this supposed to be?” I asked. He frowned.

“It’s a teddy bear! How would you not know!? I made it all by myself at school!” He replied, disappointment hinting in his voice.

“O-Oh, man, s-sorry. I-it’s really, uh, cute…” I replied quickly, unsure of how to apologies. He smiled, the smile which many girls want to see, except me.

“It’s alright!” He replied strangely happily. He put both of his hands out and looked into my eyes, begging for something. I stared back at him, confused, then it clicked.

“Oh, that.” He nodded crazily, then stopped and looked at me again. “Um, well, wait here. I need to go get it.” I went to run into my room, his eyes following me, I stopped in front of my room and turned to him. I smiled.

“Happy birthday to you too, An Jong In.” I said quickly and went inside my room.

My room was a mess, I guess. I have to share a room with him, that’s why. I searched through my closet to look for a little box with a red ribbon on it. Its his favourite colour. I threw out all of my clothes to the ground, desperate to find the box. But then, my brain decided to remind me that it wasn’t in my closet, but in the living room. As I stepped outside of my room, my brother sat down in front of a box which really looked like the box I was looking for. Oh wait, it IS the box I was looking for.

“Eun Jae-yah! Is this for me?” He asked and pointed to the box. Good, he haven’t opened it yet.

“Isn’t it kind of obvious?” I blurted, startled at myself. Idiot, why the hell do you have to think a loud.

“Yay!!” He squealed as he grabbed the box. I ran towards the box before he could open it and grabbed it.

“Just, not yet. Don’t open it yet.” I managed to say in between my pants. He frowned again, but then nodded and smiled. Huh? Meh. I walked back towards my room and closed the door behind me. “Good still empty.” I thought a loud. I lifted up my pillow and grabbed a red scarf that’s been dying to get some air and stuffed it into the box. I picked up the card lying in between the scarf and re-read it.

Hey Jong In, it’s our birthday today. Even though you ARE three minutes older than me, I refuse to call you oppa. Lets do our best in the audition today and hope we get to be in a group together.

P.S: Use this in winter only. Don’t be an idiot and wear it in summer. You punk

<3

“Why the hell did I put a love heart on it.” I asked myself. I shrugged it off and put it inside the box on top of the red scarf. I put the lid back on and walked over many piles of clothes to get to the door, I really need to clean these up, I told myself. I opened the door and saw him staring at the door, then smiled. Seems like he’s been waiting for it for a hundred years.

“Eun Jae-yah~! You got it? What is it? I see red! I love red!” he blurted out these random facts about himself. I smiled and walked towards him who must have enjoyed eating the breakfast I made as I saw the empty plate in front of him. I love him, as a brother of course.

~We have been living here in Korea for almost ten years, but for five years, we’ve been living alone. Our parents got punished by law and was expelled from Korea and forced to leave us here. We can only talk through Skype and have fun chats, we can’t touch their warm and big hands nor feel their warm hugs. We can only imagine what its like to have parents by our sides. The only way for us to meet is by plane, but we have no idea what it’s like to be on a plane. We have no experience at all. So because of that, they’ve been sending us money and we’ve been living independently ever since. We were living with our grandma when they had to leave, but sadly, she has joined our ancestors. We’ve never met our grandpa. We were born in Indonesia, but only lived there for two years, and the other two years in Australia.  We are turning fourteen today, and about to go audition.~

“Hey, Jong In-yah, we have to go get ready.” I reminded him as I gulped down my fried eggs and rice. Very Asian. He slid out of our room with his sunnies on and the scarf I gave him. He tried to look cool while doing the Elvis pose. I stared at him, asking myself how in the world I’m related to him, but smiled at the thought that he’s wearing the scarf I knitted.

“I’m ready!” He yelled, and threw a pile of clothes to me, “I picked out some clothes for you! So get ready.” The pile of clothes startled me, I looked at him, furious.

“YOU DO NOT GO THROUGH A LADIES CLOSET!” I yelled angrily at him as I threw a pair of undies at his face.

Despite my brother’s rudeness, I quickly changed put of my pajamas and cycled our way to the building where the auditions will be held, sadly, not at the building we hoped it would be. It was big, yes, but not at the YG headquarter. The building’s shape was a strange kind of square, not all side are equal and it looked a bit run down.  We parked our bike just outside the building and went inside the building, despite its weird shape.

Inside, it was as if we were in another planet. The floors was covered in expensive looking carpets. The huge rectangle windows were well cleaned and the chairs was, well, expensive by the looks of it. The counter looked as if it’s been cleaned every minute, not a speck of dust on the table. One word to describe the place? None, it was like no other building we have entered.

 There were many hopefuls inside hoping to be the next biggest idol. We were the last ones to enter, I knew it, we were late. My brother walked towards the counter lady while I was looking at how beautiful the building was. He gave her our details and the form we filled in earlier and the faxed letter our mum wrote for the guardian’s approval. I ran to my brothers and we could see our own reflection on the table, I slid my index finger on the table to check if there was any dust or any type of bacteria. None. It was so clean, honestly, it made me sick. The lady read the permission letter and nodded. She gave us the stickers and we both stuck it on our shirt. As we entered, many people looked at us, probably because of how we looked so much alike. Of course, we’re twins, idiots. I mumbled to myself. As we sat down, they averted their gaze and continue to what they were doing. We waited till our name and number was called. I was number 123 while my brother was number 122. As we were waiting, many of them were busy rehearsing while we didn’t waste a breath rehearsing, what’s the point if you’re just gonna tire your vocal chords?

We are auditioning in YG because, well, it’s the best chance we’ve got really. If we auditioned in JYP or SM, we probably don’t have the good looks that their idols possess. We both looked at each other and tried to calm each other down as both of us wait till we get called out. I can see in his eyes that he was as nervous as hell, so I gave him a little smile to re-assure him. He smiled back. For some reason, that same warm smile he give have always guide me to the right path throughout my life and re-assured me whenever I'm depressed or suffering through the tough times we both went through. A man in a YG uniform called our names and number, we were the last ones to go in. As we enter, the three judges’ faces looked tired and sleepy, and, well, hopeless. Papa YG was in the middle and on his left was a strict looking woman who looked like she was reading out information carefully. On the very right, there was a man. He faked a smile and seems to be bored. Papa YG looked stressed and bored as well, I guess they haven't found a worthy talent to be part of the YG Family and gave up. Yet that is. My brother went first and insisted that we both perform together.

“Let us audition together! Please! We are at our best when we are together!” He insisted. Its true, we are at our best when we sing together, that doesn't mean we can't sing alone or anything, we just like doing it together. They looked and whispered to each other and they finally gave the final go. We are both rapping and singing, changing turns and doing so without doing a single mistake. We looked at each other and tapped our fingers, counting down. This is it, our life, will it change, or will it stay the same as they are now?

Three,

Two,

One.

We sang, rapped, and gave it all our best. They all smiled, and so did Papa YG himself.

-------------------------------------- A U T H O R ' S    N O T E ----------------------------------------

Hello! AnotherFanficReader here! Instead of being a reader, I'll be writing too! I don't know if I can change it but oh well~ hehe.

I hope you guys like this first chapter! This was jsut explaining their life and their audition, and also shows what's going on in the An household ^ u ^

Look forward to the next chapter and comment! Don't be a silent reader~

Don't worry, I don't bite. Maybe ;D

Subscribe and comments are super appreciated~ <3