Departure

Only You

 

Dinner that night was a very awkward ordeal. More so than breakfast had been that morning.

“I’m leaving.” Chanyeol announced.

You weren’t sure how to take this. Was he leaving because he was embarrassed about what had happened earlier that day, or was he leaving because of his severe case of wanderlust?

Chanyeol catches your eye for a moment, then quickly looks back down at his food. He looks up again suddenly, facing Kris.

“So, you’re dating my sister?” Chanyeol asks.

You suppress the urge to roll your eyes.

“You had already asked me that, sir.” Kris’ lips are pressed into a straight line, the tips lifting amusedly. 

“Right. Well-,” Chanyeol hurriedly finishes up his meal.

You smile sadly at your brother. It had been less than two days and he was already leaving. You weren’t sure whether to be relieved or lonesome.

Chanyeol catches sight of your twisted expression and grins. “It’s alright, I wasn’t planning on staying for a long time anyways. I was looking for an apartment in the area and B-Baekhyun found me one, so…” He reaches over and ruffles your hair. “Don’t be sad.” He smiles.

You smile back.

Kris pointedly ignores your loving family moment.

 

-The Next Morning-

“Well, I’m off.” Chanyeol pumps Kris’ fist once, then releases it right away, not looking him in the face. 

He turns to you with wide open arms and you rush into them. He hugs you tightly, muttering quietly into your ear. “Be careful around that guy, alright? Don’t trust his type. I’ve seen that happen before, and believe me, it’s not pretty.”

You draw away, and glance at Kris. He’s politely staring at the ceiling, pretending to not hear your conversation (that was occurring less than a metre away from him).

“What type?” You question.

“Mmm…the type of people in his a-…profession.” Chanyeol says smoothly. “I’ve seen them around.” He shrugs. “Just, don’t trust him too much, okay? You’re still my sister and I don’t want to see you get hurt.” He smiles.

“What profession?” You ask, confused. 

Chanyeol hugs you briefly in response, then releases you. He picks up his guitar case and swings it across his back, then steps down from the porch step. 

You watch him as he walks to the end of the sidewalk; his guitar slung on his back, boots pulled up past his ankles.

Man, he looks like a hippie.” You remark.

“You mean a cowboy?” Kris joins you in watching Chanyeol walk to the bus stand.

“Sure.”

...

......

...

“He’s gay, isn’t he?”

“What?!” You splutter. “No-…he- he…”

“You don’t have to lie.”

“…how’d you know?”

Kris shrugs. “The way he looked at me.”

 


I'm sorrryyyy that Chanyeol had like, 3 chapters...and this turned out not totally to be a BaekYeol fic so much as a fic where Baekhyun and Chanyeol briefly appear.

-deep breath-

Anyways, I might be able to get back to regular updates (maybe?)...just saying.
Also, to those who asked about "How the hell did Kris escape?!" 

Answer: He waltzed out the front door.

Literally. Chanyeol -in this fic- is quite oblivious to anything around him (except for himself and Baekhyun) and when Chanyeol was busy looking for who had come downstairs, Kris ducked behind the kitchen table and then left when Chanyeol went upstairs.

Sorry, he's not a ninja~

Comments = Love = Updates! :D