A Long Story

Only You

 

Chanyeol wraps his long arms around you. You’re still completely frozen, your thoughts going a mile-a-minute.

What was Chanyeol doing here? Where was Kris? Did Chanyeol see him? He definitely would be kicked out, especially if your parents got to know- oh, shoot. Your parents. What would happen if-

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHH!!!”

There it was again! The metal on metal screech. It ripped through your eardrums like a lion into its prey.

You drop to the floor with your hands over your ears. You don’t realize you’re screaming until Chanyeol takes out his phone and the sound stops.

“Chan-Chanyeol,” You gasp. “What-was-that?!”  You’re breathing heavily, eardrums pounding excruciatingly.

He grins widely at you, showing you his phone.

“It’s my new ringtone! Like it?” He asks cheerfully.

“Like it? Like it?!” Your voice quickly grows hysterical. “Chanyeol, that’s not even suitable for human ea-…” You trail off, watching Chanyeol’s face fall pitifully.

“Aw heck, Chanyeol. It’s great.”

 His smile returns, lighting up his entire face. You change the subject before he probes you any further.

“By the way, you didn’t…happen to see anyone…downstairs, did you?”  You throw a glance towards the door nervously.

Chanyeol his head to one side, confused. “Down…stairs?”

“Yes, Chanyeol, downstairs.” You say slightly impatiently. Sure, he was the older brother, but sometimes it seemed like he was a little kid. It had always been this way, even when he lived with you and your family. He had once gotten lost at a shopping centre and almost kidnapped if he hadn’t opened his mouth. People tended to think he was a girl…

Chanyeol was still deep in thought. “Downstairs…” He repeats slowly. “Well, now that you mention it…”

Your heartbeat quickens. Your eyes widen. Every nerve in your body is straining towards Chanyeol, waiting for his answer.

“I think there was someone there, but I scared him off.” He smiles triumphantly.

A wave of relief washes over you, but only for a moment. A frown works its way onto your face. Kris? Scared of Chanyeol? You doubted it strongly, but where could he have gone then? Pushing the topic to the back of your mind, you address the matter at hand.

“So…what exactly are you here for, Chanyeol?” You almost don’t want to know, but you need to know how long he plans on staying.

“I need to stay for awhile. It’s…kind of a long story.” Chanyeol smiles sheepishly down at you.

“I’ve got time.”

“Well then, I’ll start…well…hm. You know when mom and dad first went to China? A bit before they got the big job offer in the States?”

“Yeah, that was when you…”

“Right, I left. I actually came here, to Korea, first. And…I met someone. But we grew apart quickly, and I found that h-…the person, did not really think of me the way I did to them. So of course, I ran away from my problems –as always,” Chanyeol laughs, “And I went to Japan. After a year or so there, that person actually came to terms with their feelings! They said that they actually liked me, and wanted me to come back!” Chanyeol is happily crushing your fingers, and you try not to let it show on your face. “So then, I rushed to Korea, straight into hi-…their arms, and uh…here I am.”

You look up at Chanyeol. “Uh, Chanyeol. You just told me your love life, not how you ended up here.”

“Oh, right.” Chanyeol laughed nervously, and then started staring behind you.

You whip around. Was it Kris? Had he seen Kris?

“Chanyeol, what-?!”

“…My alarm clock is on the floor. Why is it there?” 


lol Chanyeol is so strange...hope you liked the chapter!  

i'll try to update a little faster for the next chapter (if i get comments~ >.<)
did you know that we're back to <10% of subscribers commenting? What a sad world... :P

don't be shy!
Comments = Love = Updates!

[btw,LiAvlY, thanks for your comment! made me happy :) and, yes, you probably are...]

Chapter 31 Preview: “You know I would never leave you on your own, darling.”