The Heat Sets In

Only You

 

 

You rap your knuckles lightly against the door of Kris’ room.

“Kris?” You call in a hushed tone.

You balance the tray of food and medicine on your hip, and then push the door open.

Kris is lying in his bed, all the sheets cast away to the ground. His shirt is somewhere in the midst of the mess.

You approach him cautiously, trying not to stare at his defined abs when he’s obviously extremely uncomfortable.

He’s panting lightly, his eyebrows furrowed slightly. His hair is matted to his forehead, slick with sweat. His limbs are stretched out to release extra body heat. He groans and stirs restlessly in his sleep.

Setting the tray down on the bedside table, you reach out to wake him. Just as your fingers touch his burning skin, his eyes fly open -which he punctuates with a huge intake of breath.

“Ah, it was you,” He breathes out unsteadily.

You nod silently, reaching behind you for the tray. Seeing this, Kris waves you away.

“I-don’t-need-it,” he gasps.

You frown, “Kris, look at you! You’re horribly sick. If you won’t eat, at least take the medicine.”

Kris squeezes his eyes shut and shakes his head.

“Yah! I had to ride all the way to the store on my bike in the rain to get it! The least you could do is be a bit more thankful!” You were trying really hard not to be too harsh on him, seeing as he was sick and all, but you can’t help it.

Kris’ hand immediately drops, and sighing, you reach for the little capsules sitting on the tray.

“Come on, sit up. You can’t swallow lying down,” You coax. You slide a hand under him, finding his y back to be as moist with sweat as his front looked, if not more.

Feeling the teeniest bit grossed out, you push him to what resembles a sitting position.

“Say ‘aah’,” You tell him, taking the pills in your hand.

Kris glares at you weakly, and then takes the pills from your hand. He tosses them into his mouth, and then motions for water. You hand him the water bottle soundlessly. He swallows, then hands it back to you.

You take it, and grab the tray, turning to leave.

Suddenly Kris grabs you, his flaming skin wrapped around your wrist.

“Don’t…leave…” He gasps.

You blink, and then realize with a start that the room is exceptionally cold. A shiver runs through your body.

“Wait, I’m going to change the air conditioning. Don’t worry; I’ll be right back, okay?” You shoot him -with what you hope is- a reassuring smile.

He doesn’t loosen his grip, shaking his head once.

“Don’t leave,” he repeats.

Sighing, you twist your body and set down the tray with one hand. You then make to sit on the floor next to the bed.

Kris has other plans. He pulls you onto the bed, and wraps an arm around you.

“Why are you so cold?” He murmurs.

“I-I told you, the air c-conditioning…” You stutter.

You mentally slap yourself. ‘He’s sick! Don’t think anything weird!’

“I…have to go sleep.” You attempt to excuse yourself.

“Sleep here.”

“But…it’s cold, I need a-” Kris cuts off your lame excuse by pulling you into a sweltering embrace.

“Mmm…you feel nice…” he says quietly.

“You’re totally burning up.” You reply in a paralyzed state of ‘captain-obvious’.

“But you feel good because you’re…all…cold…” Kris hugs you even tighter, wrapping his well-muscled arms tightly around you. His face is at your neck, and he nuzzles into it.

“Hey, don’t you feel awkward?” He asks softly.

You stay silent, choosing not to respond.

“Because you're wearing a shirt, and I'm not.” He continues.

Your eyes widen, wondering where this was going.

“So, why don’t you take off your shirt too?” Kris concludes.

You would slap him if you could, but your movement is restricted.

“Kris, I’m not taking off my shirt. Shut up.” You reply.

“I have somnia.” He responds.

“You better be joking.”

“Who knows?”

“Hey, aren’t you tired? Go to sleep.”

Kris is quiet then, and you wonder if he went to sleep. After a couple minutes, you feel a balmy hand on your stomach.

Kri-is,” You warn.

“I have somnia.” He repeats.

“If you had somnia, you would be asleep right now. So please. Just. Stop.”

“Why? Do you not like it when I do this?”

You don’t know how to respond. Sure you liked it, but you just as well couldn’t tell him that now.

“You do, don’t you?”

Kris, stop talking. I’m trying to sleep.”

He finally shuts up, and you’re left to endure his burning embrace in silence.


lol i love these y Kris chapters the best~

-in super secret stealth mode right now because my parents found out what time i went to sleep yesterday- @_@

on another note...
-laughs- I love reading your comments! I seriously didn't expect any on that last chapter, but I got quite a few, so I was happy

and thanks to everyone who loves this fanfic~ <3

Comments = Love = Updates!

Chapter 21 Preview: "Uhh... get off mee~!"