In Our Hands

In Our Hands

Title:  In Our Hands
Group:  Infinite
Pairing: N/a
Rating:  Pg-13
Warnings:  Dark ideas, death battles
Genre:  Au, Dark
Summary: “for now fate was in our hands”

                If there was such a thing was a simple life we wouldn’t be here would we? I felt the stares on my back, boring holes in my spine. Hate, annoyance, and intolerance stemming from people I never met on the street. That’s what they always did label me because of the “dark, moody” aura I had around me. What would those people do when they knew I had a 3.8 GPA and was the son of the chief of police?

                “Why do I even care?” I muttered to myself and jogged the rest of the way up the street to school.

“Hello I’m Nam Woohyun!” the new kid bowed as the teacher forced him to introduce himself in the front of the class, I couldn’t believe there was a college teacher that still did that. That guy happened to seat next to me. Eyeing him, I thought annoyingly that the people on the street would label him sweet and the “good” one.

“Hey, I’m Woohyun,” he smiled brightly.

“Myungsoo,” I coughed, the surname Nam ringing bells I couldn’t figure out in my head. After that we didn’t talk much until Professor Kim left to talk to staff in a section entirely different from ours.

“Lllllllll,” Sungjong called out while bouncing in his seat.

“Urghh, what?” I groaned fighting sleep; Professor Kim has the worst monotone you have ever heard.

“L?” Woohyun voices popped in.

“It’s my nickname,” I answered and turned to face Sungjong. Asking again I sighed, “Why’d you call me?”

“Um… I forgot,” Sungjong chuckled then introduced himself to Woohyun. “I’m Lee Sungjong.”

“Woohyun,” he repeated and the two started some random drabble talk. About this I didn’t care about. After a bit I zoned out, I pretty much stayed like that until the day ended. I lived right by the school as I was one of the only people I knew that walked home from college. It was probably a bad, a really bad idea to be zoned out and listen to my ipod as I walked home but hey everyone does it. I didn’t think how bad it would be until a pair of large beefy hands wrapped around me.  

“Damn! HELP!” I jerked and kicked only succeeding ripping my headphones out of my ears. Another force slammed into us, sending me painfully against pavement.  

“RUN,” Woohyun shouted knocking down another large man dressed in black leather. I didn’t even think about it I took off dashing down the street as quickly as I could. Vrrroom~ the screech of rubber on road filled my ears as a car turned out of nowhere onto the street in front of me. I was running too fast to stop and ended up crashing into the car. My back banged against the ground as my momentum flipped me over the car. Still groaning and dazed, they dragged me by the collar into the van, tossing me in like garage. Stars danced on my vision, but they refused to let me pass out just yet a sharp heel to my side did that.

“Hello, Mr. Kim Myung Soo,” a greasy-looking man managed to greet me before I passed out. The last image in my mind was Woohyun sitting in the seat next to the greasy man.

A file, large and manila, flowed in my mind. It was like any other one that my father left lying around the house, only the tab was labeled Nam. When I saw Woohyun in the seat rather than bound and gagged like me everything connected. What was the file about though? I tried my best to remember if my father said anything about any recent cases, ion and drug trafficking where what popped into my mind neither one sounded good, but together they sounded like hell.

The chill, the cold shocked me awake. Eyes jolted open and analyzed the area, that’s what my father told me to do if I didn’t know where I was, it was a large warehouse abandoned from the looks of it. They must have been using the place a long time since the area I was had a cage built into the wall, last time I checked factories don’t usually have that feature. The bars were steel and new, not easily broken, while the floor around me was covered in blood.

“Urgh,” a groan came from my side. Looking down I saw Woohyun, crumbled and beaten next to me.

“So you’re both awake now,” the greasy man spoke drawing our attention to him. Labels I suddenly thought if I looked “bad” because my aura he must have killed fifteen people just based off looks.

“What the hell are you doing, hyung,” Woohyun spat the last word.

“What do you think? Business, my dear little brother, and you got in the way of that so…” Woohyun’s brother picked up a bat and tossed it through the bars at Woohyun.

“Fight, prove to me that it was a lapse in judgment, that you really are part of the family,” the man grinned veiling yellow stained teeth, “ or if you don’t I bet I can find some women or even men that would like a taste of each of you. It’s your choice really.”

My vision flickered between Woohyun hesitant gaze and the bat on the ground. Bubbling in my thorat, I couldn’t help it, a chuckle escaped my mouth. How ironic! The second son to a mob family was hesitant to fight while I the only son of the chief of police was ready to jump and take that bat. Edging in closer, Woohyun kicked the bat out of the cage.

“If I’m going to fight I’ll do if fairly,” Woohyun stated clearly showing his sense of pride. Pabo, I thought, pride is nothing when dead or… My mind froze at the other alternative. We charged, like knights, fist out. Jerking my body matrix style I managed to dodge Woohyun’s blow he wasn’t so lucky. The blow caught him square in the jaw; he paid me back with a round kick into my back causing my knees to buckle. I kneeled in front of him parrying his kicks with my hands to the best of my ability. My father had taught me to fight of course, but from the feel of it so had Woohyun.

We fought entertainment for the twisted man laughing at us. We fought for a chance of survival, for a chance to escape, for chance to see another day. We prayed the other alternative would not come, the touch of some filthy ert buying and using us. Right now we different as we were in physical appearance and in our roles from birth, the Chief of Police’s only son and the second-heir to the head of Korea’s largest mob family, we were the same. Parrying blows, dodging hits trying to find a weakness in each others’ defense, we fought like the savagely civil beast all man are deep, deep inside. Inflictions of pain, weariness, and worry make us sloppy allowing more chances for us to afflict more pain upon another. As dark as it sounds it was what was saving us, the fighting the pointless battle was saving us. We continued to fight and would continue to fight until the end after that we had no control. Perhaps we would find a way to escape, perhaps we will fight to the death, perhaps we will be sold off anyways, but for now fate was in our hands and we fought for our life with the monkey howls of the first son of the Nam family and his followers egging us on.    

 

A/n: I wrote this based off the teaser^^ Before the Dawn sounds so vague so that left the story pretty open...

P.s.Woohyun's the hospital right now so I'm worried :(