You Okay, Honey?

Smile of an Angel

Lee Taemin never needed actual music to be able to dance. The world around him created enough on its own, so the lack of any man-made beats or notes wasn't a big deal for him. He could dance to anything, including the random sounds of traffic and people walking by. His ears had become so attuned to the world around him that he didn't miss anything.

He had been dancing on these streets for as long as he could remember. To start off it had just been a hobby. But when his family had moved and he had remained in the city, he suddenly found himself needing an income. He naturally turned to his dancing, which he was more than a little good at if he was being honest.
 
He rotated which streets he danced on as a way to gain the most money. Of course some streets were richer than others, but if he lingered on those for too long he would find himself being escorted away by a policeman. Snobby rich people... what did they know? At least they tipped well.
 
Today though he was dancing on his own street. He had had a good haul the previous day so he didn't technically need to draw in an awful lot of cash. No, he was purely dancing for himself that night.
 
He had just completed a series of intricate arm movements when what sounded like a pained groan reached his ears. 
 
Taemin paused momentarily as he tilted his head to the side. Did he really just hear that? He listened intently waiting to see if he heard the sound again but all was quiet so he returned to his routine.
 
As his body span gracefully and he raised an arm into the air, he finally heard it again. He broke himself out of the turn and looked towards the alley to his left (the one that connected his street to the next one with the other large buildings of apartment complexes). It had come from down there.
 
Confusion and worry invaded his mind. Was someone hurt? Because the sound he had heard was definitely a pained one. Should he go look? What if someone had been beaten and needed his help? But it was an alley... and a lot of shady things happened down those alleys. The last thing he wanted was to venture down it only to find two people in the middle of pleasing each other or worse. 
 
Taemin was in a dilemma, and it wasn't until a series of harsh coughs reached his ears that he finally put one foot in front of the other and walked down the alley. His eyes scanned left and right in the dark trying to find the source of the noise, and it wasn't long before they fell upon a heap on the floor that was leaning against a wall.
 
It was a man.
 
It was a badly beaten man. He was bleeding a lot and he looked like he was in a lot of pain.
 
Taemin peered down at him before squatting and pressing a hand gently against the man's cheek. The eyes that opened to look at him were the most beautiful eyes he had ever seen. They were large, and though filled with pain, were fairly bright. 
 
"Are you okay?" The young dancer asked, giving the other a soft smile.
 
The beaten man didn't respond for a while, he merely watched the younger with slight fear in his eyes. Taemin kept smiling at him gently and rubbed a thumb down his cheek in a soothing manner. Eventually the other's eyes softened and the younger felt him relax under his ministrations.
 
"I'm afraid so." He sighed.
 
Taemin removed his hand only to gently grasp one of the other man's and give it a gentle squeeze. He hated to see people in pain. It was almost inbuilt in him to help them out. And there was just something about the man before him that just screamed at him to help him. He felt like if he didn't help him, he would be making the biggest mistake of his life. His gut was telling him that this meeting was important, and he always listened to his gut. That was how he earned as much money as he did through his street dancing.
 
"They get any money?" He asked. Judging by the look of this guy, he didn't have a lot to begin with. He hated to think what the poor guy would do if he had been completely robbed.
 
"No." Another sigh. "Had none to get. But they took my coat." He coughed.
 
Taemin looked apologetically at the man as he squeezed his hand again. He knew he shouldn't have been thinking so at the time but goodness was this man handsome. And the tones in his voice was sending pleasant shivers down his spine. "I'm sorry."
 
"It's fine." The older, for Taemin could determine that this guy was definitely older than him, shrugged before another round of harsh coughing hit him. Taemin clung onto his hand as he rubbed soothing circles into his back with his other hand. Once the coughs had died down, a shiver ran through the other's body. "It's cold."
 
"It's Christmas Eve." He smiled in answer. Of course it would be cold if it was Christmas eve. And this guy now had no coat. Making an immediate decision, Taemin wrapped an arm around the guy's waist and helped him to his feet. He was going to take this guy back to his place and look after him. It was the least he could do. And part of him was loathe to part from whatever-his-name-was. 
 
The older shot him a confused look which the dancer just smiled at. "I'm Taemin."
 
Another moment of silence passed before the taller male smiled.
 
"Minho. Choi Minho."
 
A name! Taemin finally had a name for this guy. Choi Minho. It suited him. 
 
He gently ran a hand through the taller's hair before nodding. "It's nice to meet you. Now come on, let's get you patched up."
 
"But... My friends are waiting..."
 
"And they can continue to wait. You've just been mugged, Minho-ssi. Let me help you. You are in no condition to be wandering about on your own. And I refuse to take you anywhere until I've sorted out your injuries." Taemin said with determination. No way would he lose this fight. Minho was coming home with him whether he liked it or not.
 
A soft blush spread across the taller's cheeks, causing Taemin to giggle softly. "I..."
 
"You're cute when you blush." He uttered before realizing just what exactly came out of his mouth. He bit his lip as his own face turned a light shade of pink. Minho simply blushed harder before swallowing and a nervous giggle escaped the younger's mouth. "Sorry... Um... Let's go, before you bleed to death."
 
Minho nodded in agreement before they slowly began to walk back down the alley and back into the street that Taemin had been dancing on before. As they made their way towards the door of one of the apartment blocks, Minho caught Taemin's eyes. "Thank you."
 
"You're welcome." The dancer gave him a beaming smile before continuing to help the older into his building and up towards his room.
 
"You look like an angel when you smile."
 

And there was part two. This scene was just begging me to be told from Taemin's point of view, though obviously I altered the plot and dialogue a lot more with this one. It just seemed right to change from Angel to drumming to Taemin dancing... plus Taemin seems like he would be a lot shyer than what Angel is, hence the altered dialogue. I also added in a lot more dialogue here as well.

I hope you enjoyed it!! And that the randomness of a Christmas related fic being posted in April isn't too weird for you. 

Feel free to leave some feedback. It's all greatly appreciated. <3