Chapter 1

My Lover-Next-Door

 

“Aish. Why is it so noisy? Can’t they just keep quiet. Someone’s studying here.” Sora murmured while she was preparing for a math quiz tomorrow. As you all know, she’s very slow especially in mathematics. She hates it. Because of the noise from the next room, she decided to talk to the owner of room 116.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

 

“Who is it?” Someone opened the door slightly and peeped.

“Uhm.. I’m your neighbor Kang Sora from room 115.”

“Oh, I’m Park Leeteuk.  So what do you need?”

“I just want to let you know that your noise can reach my room. I just want you to minimize the volume of your component. Please.”

“Sorry. But we can’t we’re enjoying our lives here. Oh, by the way I’m Lee Sungmin. Wanna join us?”

“Sorry but I can’t I’m studying. I just want to ask if you can minimize the volume of your component.”

“Can’t you see we’re enjoying?” Leeteuk answered in a rudeway.

“Oh I see. I can just tell this to the manager of this apartment.”

“You can’t.”

“Oh yes I can. Let’s see about that.”

 

Sora went down to the clerks of the apartment and told them about the situation.

 

“Excuse me miss.”

“What do you need ma’am?”

“I just want to report  something about the owner of the room beside mine. The volume of their component is so noisy. Their disturbing everybody. Isn’t it against the rules?”

“Yes, it is. You could just report that to the owner ma’am at the room 116.”

“116?!” Sora was shocked when she heard it.

“Yes. Any problems?”

“B-but, that’s the room I’m referring.” Sora couldn’t believe what the clerk said to her.

“You could just talk to Mr. Park.”

“Thank you.” She bowed and went to room 116 immediately without any choice.

 

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK.

 

“Oh you’re here again. And why are you looking at me like that? Seems like you want to eat me alive.” Leeteuk chuckled.

“So you’re the owner of this apartment eh?” she raised her brows at him and looked at him from head to foot.

“Uh-huh. I told you. You cannot stop me from minimizing the volume of our component.” Teuk sticked his tongue at her.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah.”

“Someday. You’ll have your day. I will strangle your neck with my two hands.” She scared Teuk and acted like strangling someone.

“IF that day comes.” He emphasized the word IF and sticked his tongue again at her.

Sora walked out and went to her room.

“YAAAH! I’m not done talking with you!”

Sora banged her door loudly and ignored what that man said.

 

“Teuike-ah, the both of you are like cat and dog.” Sungmin laughed.

“I know.” Teuk smirked.

“Seems like you’re up to something. Any plans?”

 

As soon as Sora entered her room, she can’t stop thinking of him. Seems like that boy can’t get out of her mind.

 

Oh my gosh. He’s so handsome. His skin. His eyes. His dimples. And his lips. He’s so perfect. ASDFGHJKL. What am I thinking?!Yah Sora, what’s happening to you? I must hate him. Maybe he would be the reason I will not gonna have a high score for tomorrow. But in fairness, GOD! He looks like an angel. All he need is a pair of wings and a halo on his head. Sora! stop this none – sense already.

 

Sora continued studying but she still can’t concentrate because of the noise next-door. Midnight cam and Sora is still awake. The noise lowered down a little but still, it’s noisy.

“I guess the party is not over yet.” She sighed.

Sora recognized something…

 

Because I’m naughty naughty. Hey! I’m Mr. Simple.

 

Her eyes widened when she heard this because she is a big fan of Super Junior, the King of Hallyu. She is a die-hard fan of them. ELF in short.

“OMOOOO. Mr. Simple! Super Junior!” she screamed her lungs out and hyperventilated.

 

Keuttaega namja-ramyeon chingul manna sul han chane teoreobeorigo (Alright!) Alright

 

“ALRIGHT!”  she sang with SJ till the end of the song.

 

Mr. Simple was the only SJ song that was played at that time. After the song ended, she decided to sleep even though it is hard.

 

ooOoo

 

Since Sora is just a transferee in Year Three Section 5 since Monday (today is Thursday) but she is friends with everyone because of her attitude. Everyone likes her because she is friendly and kind.

 

“Sora, you ready? I just want to tell you that Mr. Kim gives hard Math quizzes.” Her seatmate and her close friend Eunsoo told her.

Sora’s jaw open wide. “I’m gonna be dead” she told herself.

“Well, I’m not scaring you but I’m telling the truth.”

“Okay. Thanks for the warning Eunsoo. At least I can prepare myself if I will fail.”

Eunsoo smiled.

 

The quiz started. Eunsoo was right. The quiz was pretty hard. Sora was scratching her head every time.

 

“Pass your papers now. Finished or unfinished.” Mr. Kim told the whole class.

She passed her papers in dismay because she only answered 4 out if 15 questions. Tsk. Poor Sora.

The bell rang for recess and she sat beside Eunsoo.

 

“You were right. That was a hard one.”

“Cheer up. You’ll still have a chance next time.” Eunsoo comforted her.

“Thanks. Wait, I noticed something. Why are the girls making cards? What’s happening?”

“Those cards is for the President of the student council.”

“Oh.” She nodded. “Did you made one?”

“Nah, I didn’t. The girls made because they’ve got a crush on him. Well, he’s handsome. Like an angel, but he is so not my type.”

“Did you said angel?” Sora remembered someone when Eunsoo said ANGEL.

“Yup. Why?”

“Just remembered someone. He’s the reason why I failed in today’s Math quiz.”

 Sora then explained what happened yesterday.

 

Lunch break arrived and the two went to the cafeteria and ate their lunches. They talked about their lives. Their hobbies, likes, past times and phobias.

 

“Well I still have A phobia of the thunder. I had that when I was still young.” Sora shared.

“I have acrophobia. But not as severe as before.”

“So you’re afraid in walking in the stairs alone?”

“Not really. Like what I said, it’s not as severe as before.”

“My past time is composing so—“

 

Their conversation was disrupted when they saw the girls rushing to the door.

“KYAAA. Happy Birthday Oppa!” “OMG. He is so handsome.” “Seems like he’s not getting old. Hahaha.” The girls shouted.

“Okaaay. What’s happening now?” very curios Sora asked.

“The President of the Student Council and his Vice President came.”

“And what about the cards?”

“It’s the President’s birthday today.”

 

When the bunch of girls finished giving their cards, roses chocolates and gifts to that boy, she was shocked when she saw him.

 

“YOU?!” the both of them exclaimed.