shimmy shimmy quarter turn

Shimmy Shimmy Quarter Turn

 

 

            Sehun was staring at the vase in front of him, the beautiful white roses were in full bloom and the scent was so sickeningly sweet of love. He bit his lower lip as he reminisced about the bouquet of flowers he gave to the man who gave him these white roses. The flowers he gave were simple carnations, the sides of the petals black and the bouquet was close to wilting. It wasn’t intentional. He just accidentally dropped them and slipped on them while giving it to Lu Han. The Chinese man simply forgave the young boy and even pecked his lips sweetly, saying how sweet it was for him to be nervous. “But I’m always nervous,” Sehun would retort, but Lu Han only chuckled and shook his head. “You’re endearing, that’s all.”

           

            The maknae was busy reading his lyrics journal when a sudden bout of frustration hit him. “No, no, no, no.” He chanted to himself, reading through every lyric of every love song he wrote of Lu Han, for Lu Han, because of Lu Han. “Hyung wouldn’t like this. Look how stupid this is… ‘You’re the stars in my galaxy’? Lu Han hyung would probably say something so much more philosophical…” “Huh, like what?” Sehun looked up from his journal, cheeks tinted pink, “Oh, uh… Well, I don’t know. Something like… um—“ Sehun couldn’t finish his sentence, purely because Lu Han’s soft lips were against his, and oh, that was always a nice feeling.

 

            Sehun was finally back to his journal, and after plenty of smothering kisses from Lu Han, both their lips now swollen and burning just a little. The tall maknae was flipping through his journal now, Lu Han’s head on his shoulder and lazily solving a Rubik’s Cube. Then, something caught Lu Han’s attention. “What’s that?” he pointed to the page Sehun was currently on, a page full of weird little blobs that looked remarkably like a certain cute Chinese vocalist. The maknae’s eyes flickered towards Lu Han then the doodles, “You, obviously, albeit, not as cute as you… But somewhere close, right?” No one could blame Lu Han for attacking the maknae’s lips once again.

 

            “Hyung, have you seen my book? The almanac of all things or whatever?” Kai looked up at the maknae, confused etched into his brows, “Come again?” Sehun groaned in frustration, “My almanac. You know… the book that’s supposed to tell you everything about a certain subject!” Kai blinked, “An… encyclopedia?” Sehun decided then that it’d be useless to ask Kai where anything is, therefore he went to his next target, Kyungsoo. “Hyung. Almanac. Please. Where.” Kyungsoo was busy wiping the kitchen countertop to even spare Sehun a glance, but tilted his head in the direction of the drawers near the shelves. “Oh! Thank you, hyung!” Excited, the maknae scurried over there and eventually found his yellow, dog-eared book. He moved his way over onto the couch and plopped down, crossing his legs and disturbing a tired Baekhyun, “Mm.. Wha—?” “Shh, can’t talk now. Finding about angel wings.” Baekhyun, now more awake, sat up and leaned close to Sehun, nudging his way under his arms to look at the book, “Huh?” Sehun grinned in near excitement, flipping over to the W section, “I’m gonna find out where Lu Han hyung gets his wings.” Baekhyun snorted and rested his head on Sehun’s lap, “Good luck with that. Oh, do you mind also finding where forest trolls usually hide? I’ve lost Chanyeol.”

           

            Sehun was busy rummaging through a box of clothes when Suho entered into the room. “Um, hey kiddo, whatcha… doing over there?” Sehun only shrugged his shoulder and kept on searching, as though the bottom of the box could hold the answer to life. “Sehun…?” “I’m looking for Lu Han hyung. I think someone may have put him in their pocket and dropped him in here by accident.” Suho had to bite down on his knuckle to keep from laughing out loud.

 

            “Okay! So I devised a plan to retrieve my sweet honey back from China.” Sehun stared pointedly at the other members of EXO-K in their small living room, after running around the dorm screaming of a group meeting. Baekhyun groaned in dismay and sunk down lower in Chanyeol’s lap, Kai tugging on Suho’s shirt to get him to do something, because damn it, Kai just wanted to nap. “And what is this plan…exactly?” Kyungsoo spoke meekly, staring up at the whiteboard next to Sehun. “We’re going to go contact some aliens, have them abduct Lu Han, then while they’re just about ready to dissect him and harvest his internal organs… I, the mighty and valiant Sehun, would swoop in and rescue him.” Chanyeol was the first to snort, then Baekhyun started laughing and eventually, everyone besides Sehun joined in. “What?! It’s not funny! I’m being serious… Hyungs!” Sehun grumbled, “Guess I’m back to square one.”

 

            The day of joy was the day when Lu Han texted Sehun to go on Skype, and greeted him with bright eyes and a cheery smile on the computer screen. “How are you, Se—“ Before Lu Han could even finish his sentence, Sehun interjected, “Hyung, what are we?” Blinking in confusion, Lu Han pouted and crossed his arms, almost about to whine through the computer. “We’re boyfriend and boyfriend!” Sehun sputtered in disbelief, eyes wide, and face turning red; he was glad that Skype didn’t pick up his flushed cheeks very well. “I… I never asked. You never asked… Both of us never…” Lu Han merely shrugged his shoulder and stuck his tongue out at Sehun, “Yeah, but I like thinking of us like this.”

 

            There was only a week until EXO-M returned to Korea for full group promotions, and Sehun was anxiously awaiting their return. “You’re just waiting for Lu Han hyung, you don’t care for the others~” Baekhyun , dropping a tour guide book of Japan onto the maknae’s lap. Sehun grinned sheepishly and thanked his hyung for buying the book, choosing to ignore his hyung’s kinda, sorta true statement. Grabbing his Sharpie from his pocket, Sehun starts to circle spots that he could go visit with Lu Han if the chance ever came by, and crossing little x’s in places he would definitely want to take pictures in as well. Although, he just ended up putting x’s in all the tourist spots.

 

            Sehun felt a hand tugging at his arm, and Sehun just wanted to whine and groan until the tugging stopped, because he’s tired from a day full of schedules. “Aw, you didn’t miss your hyung?” He could feel Lu Han’s soft lips against his ears and that’s all it took for him to wake up and fling his arms around his hyung’s tiny waist. He could hear Lu Han chuckle from above him and only tightened his arms around him. “Sehun-ah… Let’s go out, just outside the dorm. I have something to tell you, and I don’t want the others to be eavesdropping.” Sehun nodded without hesitation and slid out of the bed, taking Lu Han by the arm and practically dragging him outside. The night was chilly, but the stars were bright. Although, Sehun notes, not as bright as the one in front of me. Lu Han looked up at Sehun and smiled softly, leaning up on his tip-toes and pecking the maknae’s lips with his, “I like you, and I think you should be my boyfriend.”