Chapter 1

Is It Love?

 

*Author’s note: Italicized = thoughts; Bold = English; Underline = Text Messages; Author Notes = Purple Font; Also i've deiced to not name my chapters* 
 
*Your P.O.V*
 
I’m back in Korea now but why can’t I find you? What happened to our promise?
 
*Flashback*
 
I’m sitting on a swing at the park bawling my eyes out cause my parents just told me we were moving to Canada for about 3 years.
 
What am I gonna do without Kan-oppa? 
 
“Nikki? Why are you crying?” Kan-oppa asked when he found me at the park.
 
“Appa and Umma just told me that we are going to move to Canada for awhile.” I start crying even hard.
 
Kan-oppa pulled me into a hug and patted my back.
 
“Shhhh. Everything’s gonna be okay.  We’ll still be best friend no matter what and I’ll be waiting for you when you come back.” After hearing that I smiled. 
 
“Okayy. But you have to make sure nothing’s gonna change when I come back. Promise?” I held out my pinky.
 
“Promise” And he linked our pinkies together. 
 
*Present*
 
My and Kan-oppa did everything together. We helped each other  with everything. We were practically inseparable. I’ve been in Korea for a week now and I can’t get in contact with him. His family moved from their old house and his numbers changed.  I hear my phone ringing. 
 
“Yeoboseyo?” I answer.
 
NIKKI! Are you back in Korea yet?” Henry asks. 
 
I’ve been back for like a week now. Why what’s up?
 
Oh really? Why haven’t you called? You said you were gonna call me when you got back. But anyways I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow at Inkigayo cause Super Junior is gonna be performing and I’ll be bored backstage with Zhou Mi.
 
Sure. And I haven’t called you yet cause I’ve been trying to find Kan.” I pout while saying that.
 
Sensing me pouting over the phone “Hey don’t pout. I’m gonna have a surprise for you tomorrow. So be prepared to love me even more than you do!
 
Hey! You know I don’t like surprises. Tell me what it is!
 
Nope. Haha. I know you’ll absolutely LOVE this surprise. Hey I gotta go. Bye! See you tomorrow” 
 
Hey! Wait! HEN-Aish this boy. Sometimes I wonder if he’s really 21. 
 
*Meanwhile with Henry*
 
As I’m walking to F.Cuz’s waiting room. I decide to call Nikki to see if she’s back yet.
 
“Yeoboseyo?” She answer.
 
NIKKI! Are you back in Korea yet?” 
 
I’ve been back for like a week now. Why what’s up?
 
Oh really? Why haven’t you called? You said you were gonna call me when you got back. But anyways I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tomorrow at Inkigayo cause Super Junior is gonna be performing and I’ll be bored backstage with Zhou Mi.”
 
Sure. And I haven’t called you yet cause I’ve been trying to find Kan.” I can hear her pout while saying that."
 
Hey don’t pout. I’m gonna have a surprise for you tomorrow. So be prepared to love me even more than you do!
 
Hey! You know I don’t like surprises. Tell me what it is!She really hates surprise but oh well  I know she’ll love this one. 
 
Nope. Haha. I know you’ll absolutely LOVE this surprise. Hey I gotta go. Bye! See you tomorrow” 
 
Hey! Wait! HEN-” I hang up before she can say more. I start laughing to myself. And now I’m in F.Cuz’s waiting room waiting for them to come back from their performance. 
 
Seeing them come back I stand up. 
 
“Annyounghaseyo sunbaenim” They greet me and bow. 
 
 “Annyounghaseyo” I greet back. 
 
“Hey Kan can I talk to you for a moment?” I ask Kan.
 
“Sure Henry-sunbae” I bring him to Super Junior’s dressing room where there is no one cause it was Suju’s turn to perform. 
 
“I’m pretty sure you know that I’m from Canada right?” I ask.
 
“Yes I do. Why do you ask?” Kan questions.
 
“Well the last time I was visiting my family there I met a girl there. Her name was Nikki,” I saw his face beam when I said Nikki. Looks like I found the Kan Nikki told me about, “We got really close and she told me all about her childhood friend whom she loves as more than a friend” 
 
“Nikki? Are you talking about Nikki Lee?”
 
“Yes I am. And I just wanted to tell you that she’s been back in Korea for a week now and she can’t seem to find you.”
 
“Really?? I thought she had one more year in Canada?”
 
“Nope her parents decided to move back for her senior year.”
 
“Okayy. So what do you want me to do with this information?”
 
“Well. I just called her and invited her to come and hangout with me tomorrow at Inkigayo. And knowing you guys are having your comeback performances you and her can reconnect.”
 
“Realy?!? Thanks Sunbae! You are the best!” Kan’s face got so much brighter and his smile was so wide. 
 
“Yes, really. But listen to me Kan if you hurt her or make her cry or make me regret reconnecting you guys. I swear I will make sure she never she’s your face again. I love Nikki with all my heart. In fact I love her more than a friend. But cause I love her so much I’m gonna put aside my happiness and make her happy by reconnecting her with the love she left behind 3 years ago. And call me Hyung.”
 
“Okay. Am I that love hyung?” Kan asks fearfully.
 
“Yes you are Kan. Why?” 
 
“Cause don’t you know? I have a girl friend that I’ve been dating for about 6 months now and I really love her.”
 
“Ahhh. Well make sure you tell Nikki that before she finds out herself.”
 
“Ne I will hyung. Thanks for telling me that she’s back.”
 
“No problem Kan. But tell me one thing. Did you love Nikki too? I mean back in high school when you were a sophomore and  she was a freshman. Did you start having feelings for her too?”
 
“Yes hyung, I did. But being without her for 3 years made me realize that I my love for her is a brother-sister love and nothing more.”   
 
“Okay. Well I think you have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow with Nikki.”
 
“Okay Bye Henry-hyung.”
 
While I watch Kan leave Super Junior’s waiting room. I start thinking: I hope Nikki will be okay tomorrow after she finds out that Kan is dating someone. I hope she doesn’t  hide her feelings. 
 
I can’t wait for tomorrow…. 
 
 
*Author’s note: Here’s chapter one it 1129 words long. I hope you guys like it.*