I Missed The Food More

I Missed The Food More

Hankyung wasn’t really expecting that life outside of Super Junior would be just as hectic… if not more.

            He was working every single day, travelling often and practicing everytime he wasn’t performing. So when he was told that he was going to finally have a day off, there was nothing else he wanted to do but to be just an ordinary guy for one day. That was why he found himself in his parents’ restaurant early in the morning, ready to cook his of alongside his parents and the other staff.

“Honey, are you sure you don’t want to stay at home and rest?” His mom asked him in concern.

“Mom, I’m sure. I really miss cooking here.” He smiled reassuringly. “Besides, I used to cook here every day before I began working in Korea. This is nothing new to me”

            So when the restaurant finally opened for the day, Hankyung was hard at work as the customers flooded in. To say that his parents’ restaurant was a success was an understatement. It was their love for food and cooking that got the restaurant to where it was and he definitely shared the same passion. He really didn’t mind that he was currently cooking huge batches of his famous Beijing Fried Rice instead of singing onstage.

“Two orders of Beijing fried rice, three orders of pork dumplings, two orders of sweet and sour fish and two orders of noodles.” The waiter announced as he entered the kitchen.

Hankyung grinned. “That must be an entire family’s order.”

The waiter shook his head, much to his surprise. “Sir, all of those was ordered by one girl.”

            Hankyung couldn’t explain it but there was this weird feeling inside him. It was as if he just knew who the girl was. Peaking out of the kitchen, his eyes roamed around his parents’ restaurant, searching for her… and then his heart skipped a beat when he saw that she really was there in his restaurant. Well disguised with big sunglasses, a hat, and a scarf, she sat on her seat silently, staring off into space.

He knew it was her. But what was she doing there?

Hankyung hurriedly went back to his station and prepared the two orders of Beijing fried rice that she ordered for, placing it on the tray with the rest of the dishes when he was done. “I’ll be the one to bring it.” He said to the waiter who was about to pick up the tray.

“Son, are you sure?” His father asked and Hankyung automatically knew that he meant the risk of being recognized by fans.

“Dad, I need to do this.” The dark haired man glanced back outside the kitchen. “She’s here.”

“Oh my god…” Her mother gasped from her dumpling work station, knowing fully who her son was talking about. “Can I meet her?”

Hankyung lifted the tray of food in his hand and up in the air. “I don’t even know what she’s doing here, mom. But if she wants to, sure.”

            He silently came out of the kitchen, easily finding her table amidst the crowd. Hankyung carefully but quickly made his way towards her table. Just as he reached his intended destination, she turned her head and she found herself face to face with him. Her eyes widened and her jaw slightly dropped, making him chuckle lightly at the look on her face. Shouldn't he be the one sporting it instead of her?

“Here’s your order, miss.” Hankyung said politely as he lowered the tray in his hand and began putting the dishes on the table.

“T-Thank you.” She stammered.

Once he finished, he handed the empty tray to another waiter before settling on the empty chair across her. “What are you doing here, Soo?”

The tall brunette’s jaw dropped fully this time around. “H-How did you know it’s me, oppa?”

“Did you really expect that I won’t recognize you?” He arched an eyebrow.

Sooyoung pouted. “I should’ve disguised myself better.”

“What are you doing here?” Hankyung asked one more time. “Aren’t you supposed to be in Japan or something?”

“Someone’s keeping himself updated.” She teased, causing him to roll his eyes.

“You’re in China, Soo. There should be a reason why you’re all the way up here.” He rested his arms on the table, shrugging ever so casually. “Is it because you miss me?”

The brunette took her chopsticks and a plate of Beijing fried rice. “I really missed your food so I thought of dropping by.” She grinned before scooping as much rice as her chopsticks would allow.

Hankyung pouted as she began to eat in front of him. “That’s mean.”

SNSD’s cheerful princess winked. “Why? Did you miss me?”

“I don’t think you need to ask.” Despite the many customers around them, Hankyung leaned in to kiss her once was empty.

Judging by how she kissed him back, she definitely missed him.