08 // realization

►►running after you

 

You had kept minimal contact with SunMi the past week. You would say hello when you saw her, but would promptly move to your room and shut the door. You would go to work everyday, but had avoided running in the morning even if you were positive Dongwoo wouldn’t be waiting to apologize. You hadn’t even touched your phone since the incident. 
 
Sure, it was being extreme and immature, but you really hadn’t been in the mood to speak with anyone. 
 
SunMi had finally lost it on the Friday of the following week and smacked you hard across the face, “We’ve been friends since I can remember! You can’t let this change things between us!” You would have yelled, but tears were leaking from your best friend’s eyes as she continued, “Just talk to me! I’m sorry, you know? I keep telling you I’m sorry! How was I supposed to know that was going to happen? The last thing I want is for you to look like an idiot in front of a person you truly cared about.”
 
You could feel your resolve breaking until you finally hug the girl tightly, sobbing, “I’m so stupid for letting you make me think... that maybe...”
SunMi pets your hair, still crying, “I’m so sorry, Jieun.”
The two of you are sobbing messes, and you hadn’t realized until just that moment how much you honestly missed your best friend.
 
--
 
After laughing at one another for looking so distraught, SunMi had taken your phone and called your work for you, saying that you were extremely unwell and would be staying home today. Half of it was true, though.
 
Your best friend had gone out and returned with grocery bags, “I’m making you breakfast and lunch AND dinner. We’re going to stay home all day and watch girly movies and you’re going to let me paint your toes while you drown your depression in ice cream.”
 
You laugh loudly at her proclamation, but don’t disagree. A day to just be lazy sounded amazing.
 
---
 
Dongwoo hadn’t been himself for a week and the other members noted that it was painfully obvious. Sungyeol tried to understand exactly what happened, but all he got was a blank stare. Sure, the hyperactive rapper would revert to his normal self once there was a camera around. Everyone understood that he didn’t want his sudden depression being noticed by Inspirit.
 
Sungjong had finally had enough of watching Woohyun laugh after whispering what he assumed were mean things into Dongwoo’s ear. He was starting to think he was the only one that noticed. Unfortunately, that assumption was correct. Not one of the other members had noticed this.
 
The maknae finally pulled the rapper aside into a confined space after a schedule, making sure Woohyun was distracted by other things so he wouldn’t come over, “Dongwoo. What’s been going on with you? You don’t smile or laugh anymore unless you’re on camera. Is Woohyun bullying you?”
 
The older male flinches, and Sungjong knew he had hit the nail on the head, “What’s he saying to you?”
“Sungjong... If I tell you, you can’t say anything to anyone. Do you understand?”
 
The younger boy nodded, eyes burning with determination to make his hyung feel better.
And Dongwoo told him everything. From meeting you, to fighting with you a week ago because he wasn’t allowed to say anything.
 
Sungjong put on a thinking face, “Who else knows besides Woohyun?”
“Well... Sungyeol, Hoya and Myungsoo went with me when I was invited to dinner.”
He gasped, “So SHE was the friend you guys went to visit?”
“Y-yeah....”
 
The boy’s eyes were lit up in an emotion Dongwoo couldn’t put his finger on. He pats Dongwoo’s shoulder, “I’ll help you fix this as well as I can.”
 
---
 
There was a loud knock on your apartment door four hours into your Lord of the Rings movie marathon. You pout and pause the DVD while SunMi gets the door, “Huuurrrryyyy. It’s finally getting to the good part.”
 
SunMi rolls her eyes and opens the door, “Hell-oh. What are you doing here?” Sungyeol pushes past without a word and SunMi laughs, “Why don’t you come on in?”
 
Sungjong and Myungsoo bow politely before entering the home as well.
 
You look up at Sungyeol who has a serious look on his face, “Sungjong needs to fill you in on what’s been going on.”
The small boy smiles and waves with his fingers, “Oh! Jieun-noona! I remember you from the interview!” He pats his chin thoughtfully, “No wonder he was so distracted the whole time.
 
You blink, “What’s going on?”
 
“Oh yeah!” The boy bounces over to you, “I’m about to explain something to you with lots of detail, so listen up!”
You nod slowly and listen as he tells you exactly what Dongwoo had told him about the whole situation with Woohyun.
 
After he finished explaining everything, you stare at your hands for what seemed like ages before responding, “Thank you for telling me this.” You look up to Sungyeol, whose expression has softened, “Thank you for bringing him here.”
 
He nods, a small smile forming on his face.
 
You look at Sungjong, “Can you do a favor for me?”
He nods happily, “What do you need.”
“Hang on a second.” You stand and move to your bedroom. After a few minutes, you come back out with a cutely wrapped package with an envelope attached, “I had gotten this for my brother back home, but he doesn’t need it.” You take a deep breath, “Where do I need to go to send in fanmail? That’s the most inconspicuous way to go about this, right?”
 
Sungjong grins, “Take it to Woolim. I can give you the address.”
You blush, a small smile on your face, “Thank you.”
 
SunMi takes the item from you and puts it on the counter, “Are you boys in a hurry? Or do you want to stay for dinner?”
Myungsoo perked up at the word, but Sungyeol answered, “We’re done with schedules for today! I want foooood~~”
Sungjong chuckles, “If you don’t mind having us.”
 
SunMi grins, “No problem. Let’s finish watching this movie first, though.”
Sungjong’s mouth forms an ‘O’, “Isn’t this movie in English, though?”
You smile, “We can change the audio for you.” 
He snuggles up to your side, eyes fixated on the screen, “OKAY.”
 
Sungyeol pulls SunMi onto the other side of the couch and forces her between himself and Myungsoo, with you and Sungjong at the other end. He gives a thumbs up, “Hurry and start. I’m hungry.”
 

It's been a whiiiilllleeee~ xD
I'M NOT DEAD YET :D just be patient with me. I've been really busy Dx