Princesse

Super Junior OTP Drabble/Oneshot Project

 

Being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be. -- Princess Diana


A sheaf of papers was slammed on the desk, stirring up a cloud of dust.  The young man seated there coughed violently, fanning at the air in front of him.  
“Goodness, Ryeowook.  You know my aversion to dust.” the man whispered hoarsely, blinking a few times.  Another young man stood in front of the desk, pouting and dusting his hands off.  
“But...your Highness...your father is starting to get irritated with you.  He said, and I quote, that ‘my lazy slacker of a son needs to get off his arse and get a move on and find a wife.’” Ryeowook stated, hands on his hips.  “Prince Henry...please?  Otherwise you’ll be stuck doing all of this paperwork.”  Ryeowook raised an eyebrow at him.  It was well-known that the prince absolutely detested anything to do with sitting and doing work.
Henry glared at Ryeowook.  “Wookie, I trusted you!  I can’t believe you would force me to do something like this!” he grumbled, half playfully.  
Suddenly, Henry had an epiphany.  “Would...it be alright if I went on an adventure to seek a princess for my wife?  I would be able to get out of here, then.” he grinned, smacking his hand on the desk.  “I think that’s a great idea!”
Ryeowook looked at him as if he was mad.  “I think this may have been one of the strangest and yet most interesting ideas you’ve ever had, my liege.  Do what you want.” he sighed in defeat, heading out of the room.  Henry grinned at his victory and scampered out of the room.



*****


Henry groaned as they encountered yet another dead end in this seemingly infinite forest.  They had been wandering aimlessly for weeks, encountering ogres, trolls, and goblins, but no princesses.  There had to be at least one princess waiting to be rescued!  Not only was Henry irritated, but his men were mutinous, as well.  Though he had chosen his best knights, a week without nice food was too much for some of them.  It had been exciting in the beginning, with monsters popping out that they could kill.  Now, however, it was starting to get tiring.  Henry sighed again, hopping off of his horse.
“I’m going to go look around; you guys stay here and rest a while.” he ordered, sliding his sword out.  He stomped towards the greenery in front of him, glowering at it.  When nothing happened, he grudgingly raised his arm and began hacking at it.  Leaves showered down and branches snapped, slowly creating a path through the dense undergrowth.  Henry stopped when he heard some noises coming from the other side, pressing his back against the prickly bushes.  It sounded suspiciously like...humming?  He furrowed his brow and listened as it got louder then disappeared as the accompanying footsteps diminished as well.  
Henry immediately smashed his way through the rest of the branches and emerged in a bright clearing.  The birds were chirping and there were flowers blooming, the antithesis of the gloomy forest behind him.  And directly in front of him was a large stone tower.
Nearly whooping with joy, the prince ran up to the door.  Princesses were always trapped in large towers, right? Thanking his lucky stars, Henry rapped on the door excitedly, his sword still swinging in his hand.  



*****


Heechul snored as he pulled up yet another oddly coloured mushroom from the forest floor.  His mother was sick, and he had to stay with her in this godforsaken forest in the middle of nowhere.  No only that, but she was making him do manual labor, too!  Old hag.  
He hummed as he turned back towards her house (if one could even call it that; it was a ing tower in the forest!) and slipped inside.  Once in, he hurried to the kitchen to grind up the damn purple mushrooms that she insisted on eating every day.  
Before he could start, a harried knocking sounded at the door.  Heechul raised an eyebrow.  No one ever visited here; it’s in the middle of a forest.  Nonetheless, proper etiquette told him to ignore that and open the door.  Heechul grumbled to himself as he stomped over and yanked the heavy door open.  Standing before him was a young man about the same age as himself.  He was wielding a large sword and grinning like a maniac, his smile growing even larger as he caught sight of Heechul.
“Who the are you?” Heechul asked, a bit too loudly.  The young man pouted slightly at the loud tone.
“Princesses shouldn’t have such foul language.” he scolded gently, wagging a finger at Heechul.  
Heechul nearly choked.  “Who’s a princess, now?!”
“You are!” came the innocent reply, the man grinning at him again.  “I’m Prince Henry, and I’ve come to rescue you!” he sang, skipping forwards to grab Heechul by the waist.  “Let’s get you out of this nasty tower.  Are there any dragons to fight?” he chattered, ignoring Heechul’s indignant shrieks.  
“I’m not a ing princess!  I’m a man!  Let go of me right now!  I’m not going anywhere!” Heechul growled, trying to extract himself the prince’s tight grip.  
Henry stopped and stared at him mournfully.  “Are you saying...that you don’t like me?” he sniffed, tears appearing in the corners of his eyes.  Heechul couldn’t bring himself to crush those puppy-like eyes.
“Well...not...really?” he managed, stopping his struggle.  Henry grinned victoriously and picked Heechul up with surprising strength.  Seemingly oblivious to the loud yelps coming from the other male, Henry made his way towards the edge of the clearing.
“Wedding day, here we go!”
“Put me DOWN, damn it! I don’t want to go anywhere! I’M NOT A ING PRINCESS!”

Fin.

~~~~~

In case you haven't noticed, I'm doing this TOTALLY out of order.  8D

Anyway, hope you enjoyed that horrible fluff.  I'm much more of an angst person.  @_@