[One-shot] EH?

EH?

Jun tries to concentrate on his script but that is terribly hard to accomplish when Sho, who usually just sits in one corner and reads his newspapers quietly, keeps on sighing and checking his phone every 5 minutes. He just received the script that morning and was notified that the actor who would play the role of his character's younger brother has already been cast. Though he does wonder why it took them that long to cast the role, he didn't bother to ask who the actor was. When Sho sighed for the nth time in 10 minutes, Jun couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, what's the problem?" Jun sighed and narrowed his eyes at Sho.

"Nothing." Sho mumbles with a pout as he checks his phone once again.

"Oh! No you don't!" Jun exclaimed as he strode towards Sho and grabbed the phone. "You're not giving me the 'nothing's wrong I'm fine' excuse! You've been sighing non-stop for over 10 minutes now."

"Give me back my phone."

"Not until you explain to me why you're suddenly acting like a girl waiting for his bo-oh! Shige's not contacting you?" Jun's eyes widen in realization before sighing and handing the phone back when Sho only answered him with a pout and a glare. "Oh c'mon Sho. You know that Shige will answer you as soon as he can. Well, unless he went fishing with Riida again. It still amazes me how Riida manages to burn to a crisp when Shige stays pretty."

"That's because he uses enough sunscreen. Anyway, he's not with Satoshi. Their fishing trip was last week. He's just busy with Koyama-kun." Sho said with a pout. Jun's interest was piqued at the mention of NEWS' new leader. "Apparently Koyacchi is nervous about the drama and needed BFF time."

"Well, then what's the worry? Don't tell me you're jealous. They were best friends long before you two became a couple. What would you say if Shige suddenly becomes jealous of any of us? Besides, he was the one who conspired with Nino and Aiba-chan to get you and Shige together." Jun said as he sat beside Sho, ignoring the script he was so eager to read just a few moments ago. "Anyway, Koyama's going to be in a new drama? That's good. His last one was what? A guesting 2 years ago?"

"You didn't know?"

"Eh? Didn't know what?"

"Koyacchi is going to be in your drama. He's going to be your younger brother I think." Sho answered as he began writing a message to Shige. Missing the surprised gasp that came from Arashi's diva. "It would also be his first father role so he's been a nervous wreck lately."

"..."

"Matsujun?" Sho looked up and saw Jun wordlessly staring at him in shock. "Jun? Oi! Jun!"

"EEEHHHHHHHHHH?!?"

******

"You do know that it's common courtesy to knock, right?" Jun chuckled once he had pulled Sho out of the dressing room.

"It's called a surprise for a reason." Sho pouted and sighed before handing Jun two purple candles. "Here. I just wanted to give these to you and Koyacchi but apparently he's not shooting today. Can you hand them to him for me. Shige says he's been troubled lately."

"E-eh? Uh, o-okay." Jun said and blinked as Sho gave him a salute and headed back to the NazoDi set.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Otsukaresamadea!" Jun heard Koyama shout before the younger one bowed and dashed to his dressing trailer.

Jun excused himself from Riisa-chan and Oizumi-san before heading to his own trailer to get the candle Sho wanted to pass to the NEWS leader. Jun sighed as he thought about all the times he chickened out of engaging the younger one in a conversation. He's pretty sure that the others, especially Nino, would make fun of him once they knew his reason.

Jun would never admit it to anyone but Koyama makes him feel insecure. Koyama is someone that Jun categorizes as extremely amazing. He has things alike with Sho-kun like being a university graduate from Meiji, being a newscaster, NEWS' official MC/spokesperson, not to mention he's also the group's mother hen or Koyamama as he is often called. He also has things in common with Aiba like having an affection for cute furry beings, being a little bit of an airhead at times, always spoiling the brat of their group, and a smile always decorated his face.

Before he knew it, Jun was already in front of Koyama's trailer with the candle at hand. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. He looked up once he heard the door open and gasped. The last thing he expected to see was a blushing half- Koyama.

"Anou, Sho-kun wanted to give you something." Jun averted his eyes as he cleared his throat. "I'll wait here until you get dressed."

"H-hai. Sorry." Koyama stuttered as he immediately closed the door. After a few minutes, the door opened again and Jun was allowed to go inside.

******

Jun still couldn't get Koyama's half-dressed image out of his head as he sat in Arashi's green room for their VS Arashi recording. Usually, no one would bother asking him why he was quiet. He would usually be quiet whenever he's busy with drama scripts or reading his manga. But when Jun didn't even get mad at Aiba for accidentally dripping sauce on the manga he left on the table, Ohno's brows furrowed and threw a questioning look at Sho who answered with a shrug.

"I'm sorry Matsujun." Aiba cried as he tried to wipe off the stain on the cover. "I'll buy you a new one."

"It's okay Ma-chan. I finished reading that yesterday."

"Ma-chan?" Aiba froze and looked at Jun as he tilted his head questioningly. "You haven't called me that name in years."

Nino finally paused his game and spoke up when Jun just shrugged and continued his brooding. "What's wrong Princess? You got rejected or something?"

"Wh-what?! No! I don't even talk to Koyama privately! I..."

"Who said anything about Kei?" Nino smirked as Jun stared at him in shock before glaring.

"I hate you." Jun hissed as he started blushing hard.

"No you don't. You love Kei." Nino grinned as the other three sat there watching the two youngest members.

"I do not! And since when did you start calling him Kei?"

"Since me and Nino-chan slept over at his place!~" Aiba piped up brightly as he finally understood everything. "Kei-chan and Nino slept together in the bedroom and I got the couch since I loshhhmmmffff!"

"I think you shouldn't have said that Masaki." Sho whispered as he dragged Aiba away from Jun while Ohno covered his mouth.

Nino glared at Aiba the moment he saw Jun grit his teeth and clench his fist. He was sure that Jun would erupt anytime that he didn't expect the way the youngest's body slumped face down on the couch and let out a huge sigh. He was about to approach Jun when there was a knock on the door and Koyama's head popped in with a smile.

"Ah! Hello everyone!"

"Koyacchi!~" Sho smiled and gestured for Koyama to enter. "Come in! Is Shige with you?"

"Sorry Sho-kun, Gesshi's at a book signing event. I just stopped by for a bit. Oh! Thanks for candles. They were lovely." Koyama answered before turning to Nino. "Kazu, can I talk to you for a bit?"

"Fhekoufftimazu~~" Jun cried into the couch cushions as Nino nodded and rushed Koyama out of the room before any questions were raised.

"Jun, you do know that there's nothing going on between Nino and Koyacchi, right?" Sho asked as he pulled Jun up into a sitting position.

"Who said anything about Koyama?"

"Jun-kun is still Arashi's baby ne?" Ohno smiled sleepily, not noticing that Jun's glare was now concentrated at him. "Maybe you need some ramen to give you an idea on what you should do."

"Great idea captain!~" Aiba exclaimed as he bounced in place. "I'm pretty sure some delicious ramen will do the trick."

"Shige and I will be meeting at this great Ramen place later. I'll take you there." Sho grinned as he caught on to what Ohno and Aiba were suggesting.

"Fine but you can't tell Shige why I'm tagging along."


-=-=-=-=-=-=-


"I'm so going to hang him on top of Tokyo Tower by his ankles." Jun whispered as he found himself alone with a drunk Koyama at the Ramen shop ran by the NEWS member's family. Sho and Shige bailed out on them in the middle of dinner when Nino called and asked them to help with research. "And I think that brat deserves to lose his saved games tomorrow."

"Matsumoto-kun?" Jun looked up and found Koyama staring at him with a goofy grin on his face. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine." Jun smiled softly. "Just a little tired from filming and recording."

"I wish I could say the same thing about myself." Koyama laughed bitterly before going back to drinking. "I'm not saying that doing NEWS Every, Lucky Seven, and my radio show is a bad thing but I used to be lots busier. Shounen Club, concerts, singles, albums. Sometimes I wonder if it's okay to continue on as NEWS."

Once again, Jun wished he was as good at consoling kouhais as Sho or Aiba. When troubled juniors appear, it was always the mature Sakurai-kun for advice and the funny Aiba-kun for laughs. Seeing Koyama's sad smile, Jun can do nothing more but keep quiet and listen.

"It's funny if you think about it. I guess our group was doomed from the start. Moriuchi quit before we could formally debut, our leader couldn't care less about us and was always wishing that it was 4tops who got to debut instead, Ryo-chan was unconsolable when we lost Uchi and Nori to alcohol, Tegoshi and Massu could make it on their own if they wanted to, Shige has his book and his dramas. Maybe they'll shine better if we were separated." Koyama sighed and gulped down his beer in one go. "We couldn't live up to our direct senpais and I can't help but think that we're the ones that set a bad example for Ryu-chan."

"Direct senpais? Ryu-chan?" Jun asked as he tried to piece everything in his head.

"Morimoto Ryutaro-kun of HSJ." Koyama giggled as he set his head on Jun's shoulder. "And our direct senpais? Arashi and V6 of course. Volleyball senapis as HSJ named it. Shige and I had always aimed to make you all proud of us. Your friendship, your bond to each other. I thought we had that. I guess our 'Member-Ai' wasn't good enough for the others to stay."

"But you're the leader now right? I'm sure things would get better." Jun said as he gently rearranged Koyama's head on his shoulder. Somehow, this insecure and depressed Koyama was something he's not used to seeing.

"I doubt it. Why do you think J-support lost members and K.K.Kity got disbanded instead of carrying on like Kanjani8?" Koyama sighed and looked up at Jun.

"You wanna know what I think?" Jun smiled at Koyama softly before going back to his drink. "I believe that you were destined to be in NEWS. You have Pi's quiet insight, don't complain he has quiet insight. You can take over Ryo's job of spoiling Tegoshi, which Shige says you already do too much. You're like our Sho-kun and Aiba-chan mixed together. Wait. I dunno if that's really a goo...Ko-koyama-kun?"

Jun gasped and froze when Koyama nuzzled into his neck while the younger's arms wrapped around his waist. Watching the other sleep, Jun's eyes can't help but stare at Koyama's slightly opened lips. He took a deep breath and gently moved Koyama to a more comfortable position before gulping down the bottle of Sake on the table.

******

"So, I heard you like Mama." Jun almost spat out his wine as Ryo sat down beside him, grinning from ear to ear. It was one of their nights out. He and Ryo arrived early and are waiting for Shun, Yuu, Yamapi, Shige, and Toma to arrive. "Aniki told me."

"That brat. He's definitely going to go home one day and find all his games and consoles missing." Jun sighed and looked at Ryo. "You still call him Mama?"

"Koyama is everyone's Mama. Well, at least to groups younger than NEWS. Just like Nakamaru is everyone's grandpa. I guess it's because of Shounen Club."

"Jun-kun, please tell your bandmate that I'll be fine and just because he's in Okinawa doesn't mean I have to stay inside the apartment." Shige sighed and pushed the phone into Jun's hand as he and Yamapi took their seats.

"I promise to get Shige home sober. What? Are you serious?! I'm starting to wonder why he's still with you. Wha-fine! I'll get him home before 2AM in as sober a state as I can keep him." Jun then ended the call and handed the phone back. "What do you seriously see in him?"

"The same thing you see in Kei." Shige grinned smugly before heading to the bar and getting drinks.

"Tsk. He's been hanging out with the two of you too much." Jun glared as Yamapi and Ryo laughed. "Why am I surrounded by NEWS members? Where the heck are Shun, Yuu, and Toma when you need them?"

"They're not NEWS anymore." Shige said as he handed out the beers, ignoring Ryo's glare and Yamapi's pout. "So you're actually surrounded by a solo artist, a yellow ranger, and a NEWS member."

"You're being mean Shigeaki-kun~ Kei-chan will be sad if he heard that." Yamapi whined as Shige rolled his eyes and took a seat. "Yuu and Toma won't be able to make it tonight. I don't know about Shun. Now, do you seriously like my Satoshi?"

"Satoshi?"

"Tanabe Satoshi." Yamapi grinned before frowning as he noticed Jun's confused stare. "You know? From Kurosagi? I knew you didn't watch my drama!"

"I did! Well, I watched most of it anyway."

"You people shut up!" Shige snapped and took a deep breath. "Honestly! I thought we were here to relax tonight."

"We are but I'm more interested in Jun's little crush." Ryo smirked at the flabbergasted Jun, disregarding the concerned looks he was getting from Shige and Yamapi.

"I do not have a crush."

"That's not what Nino-kun said." Yamapi smiled softly. "But then again, I think Koyama respects you too much to see you in that way. I think he idolizes Arashi too much to even think of liking you."

"Gee, thanks for the boost of confidence Yamaa."

"I thought you said you didn't like him?" Ryo smiled. "What do you think Shige? Since you're the resident Koyama expert here."

"Eh?" Shige raised a brow at Ryo, who only smiled at him sadly, before pretending to think and looking at Jun seriously. "I feel sorry for you Jun-kun. It's going to be hard."

"Eh?" Jun gulped as Yamapi tried to keep himself from laughing.

"I hope you're prepared, because Nyanta is a tough bodyguard." Shige snickered as Yamapi finally burst out laughing. "Be sure to have a first aid kit at hand for the future scratches you're bound to recieve."

"Eh? Wait. What?"

"I'm saying," Shige sighed at Jun's confused expression. "that Kei wouldn't be a problem. Your main problem would be his pet Nyanta and everyone knows how much cats adore you."

"Why are you so sure that Nyanta would be my only problem?" Jun asked as he was already thinking of consulting Aiba regarding the proper taming of cats.

"Just trust me. I am his bestfriend after all." Shige smiled and cast a small glance at the suddenly quiet Ryo.

"Guys, can you leave us for a bit?" Ryo asked softly. Shige ignored Jun's questioning grunt and dragged Yamapi off by his collar. Ryo then turned his attention to Jun. "Ne, do you really like him?"

"Yes." Jun answered immediately, surprising himself with his honesty.

"Kei is a very gentle person. He is someone who trusts and loves with everything that he is." Jun tilted his head in confusion at how serious Ryo had suddenly become. "He'll always give in, always try to understand, even at the most unreasonable things. Even things that he knows would hurt him."

"What are you trying to say Nishikido?"

"Just...take care of him okay? He's always taking care of everyone else that he doesn't mind if anything happens to him. I...you...just don't hurt him okay?"

"I promise I won't." Jun said before asking a question that's been nagging him for a while now. "Why are you being so...nice?"

"I am...was...the Ryopapa of Koyamama after all." Ryo just smiled softly before gulping down his beer and screaming for Shige to get him another drink.

******

"Ah! Matsumoto-kun!" Koyama exclaimed in surprise when he saw Jun who was about to knock on his dressing room door. It was the day of Koyama's crank-up, which also mean his last day on the Lucky Seven set and Jun wouldn't have many more chances after that.

"Hi." Jun greeted awkwardly. He didn't actually plan on what he was going to say once he met up with Koyama so he just ended up standing there, shifting his weight from one foot to the other. He  badly wanted to kick himself for acting like when he just debuted with Arashi. He balled his fists behind him as his mind scrambled for words. "Anou, eto...uhmm..."

"Would you like to have dinner with me?" Jun's gaze snapped up, when he heard the words he had wanted to say to the other, and was greeted by the wide smile on Koyama's face.

"S-sure. I...I'll just go get changed." Jun stuttered and bowed before striding of quickly to his own dressing room.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-

"Ryo-chan! Wait!" Jun heard Koyama's voice before he could turn the corner. He took a peek and saw Koyama grabbing Ryo's arm. He ducked back behind the wall when Ryo turned around.

"Kei. Lucky 7 films here?"

"Yeah. Anou, Eito's in town?"

"No, just a drama audition."

"Oh. Uhm..."

"What's with you?" Ryo laughed softly. "I'm still the same Ryo you know."

"I just. Ryo-chan, I'm really sorry."

"For what?"

"I...anou..for breaking up with you."

"Kei, that was a year ago. I'm alright, and I don't blame you."

"But..."

"Listen to me Kei. I'm alright. I admit I was hurt because I really did love you but I've always known it was too good to be true."

"I'm sorry."

"Stop that okay? I could never win over true love. You really love him huh?"

"Yeah, I do. I really do."

"Then that's all I need to know. I still don't know what you saw in that sparkly Diva but I think we did the right thing."

"Diva?" Koyama laughed. "He is your friend right?"

"Doesn't mean he's not a Diva. Promise me you'll be happy with him."

"If we even manage to be together."

"I know you will. Right Jun?" Ryo shouted and caused a blushing Jun to come out of his hiding place.

"Matsumoto-kun!"

"Well, I guess I'll see you guys next time. Oi Jun! Bring him next Saturday! I'm pretty sure Sho-kun will feel better about letting Shige come if he's there." Ryo smiled at them and pat Koyama's shoulder before turning around and leaving the two blushing idols.

"So." Jun cleared his throat and stepped closer to Koyama.

"You heard?" Koyama asked softly, his hand tightening around his bag. "Everything?"

"Yeah." Jun answered and rubbed his neck. "So, you still up for that dinner?"

"O-oh, yeah." Koyama bit his lip and looked at the floor before he froze and snapped his head up when Jun's hand suddenly grabbed his. "Ma-matsumoto-kun?"

"I heard you know this wonderful Ramen place." Jun smiled softly and blushed without looking at Koyama. "It's a bit cold tonight, warm Ramen sounds nice."

"Un. Let's go." Koyama smiled brightly and laced his fingers with Jun's.

******

Jun tries to concentrate on the program schedule but that is terribly hard to accomplish when Sho, who usually just sits in one corner and reads his newspapers quietly, keeps on sighing and checking his phone every 5 minutes. When Sho sighed for the nth time in 10 minutes, Jun couldn't take it anymore.

"Okay, what's the problem?" Jun sighed and narrowed his eyes at Sho.

"Nothing." Sho mumbles with a pout as he checks his phone once again.

"Oh! No you don't!" Jun exclaimed as he strode towards Sho and grabbed the phone. "You're not giving me the 'nothing's wrong I'm fine' excuse! You've been sighing non-stop for over 10 minutes now."

"Give me back my phone."

"Not until you explain to me why you're suddenly acting like a girl waiting for his bo-oh! Shige's not contacting you?" Jun's eyes widen in realization before sighing and handing the phone back when Sho only answered him with a pout and a glare. " Again? What is it this time?"

"He's with Koyacchi. They had a meeting with Johnny-san but that was 2 hours ago."

"I'm sure they'll be fine." Jun laughed just as there was a knock on the door and Shige popped his head in. "See! Shige's here!"

"Hello Jun-kun." Shige smiled before sitting on Sho's lap and nuzzling his neck. "What's with the pout Sho?"

"Why haven't you been answering your phone?"

"Kei and I were auditioning for a butai. I didn't get the part though." Shige smiled brightly. "Kei and Ohno-chan did."

"Why do you look so happy then?" Sho asked with a raised brow.

"Because it's another butai. You know, like Seminar. I really don't want to do that anymore." Shige smiled then looked at Jun. "Are you okay with that Jun-kun?"

"It's just a butai." Jun shrugged but his clenched fist tells otherwise. Too bad Shige doesn't see them.

"Really? Even when Kei's love partner is Oh-chan?" Shige asked as Sho's hold on his tensed. "I think they have 5 love scenes just in the first half of the whole performance. Plus they would have 3 performances in a dammmpppfffffff!"

Sho covered Shige's mouth and pulled him out of the room, away from the drak aura surrounding Arashi's youngest member. He should also probably warn Ohno not to talk about the butai anywhere near Jun and to tell Nino and Aiba to perform emergency tactic #54 or also known as keep Jun away from leader before something bad happens. Oh the everyday life of Arashi's Mother Hen.