01

Listen

Listen

Chapter one


 

It was the 25th of April and it marks the day where these two pepole meet. Yes, it’s none other than Im Yoona and Xi Luhan.

Some people might say that a disabled person can’t share the passion of love with a normal person, but some might say that it is true love.

But to Yoona, her life is silent – dead silent. She faces hardships of being a deaf girl since she was ever so young and living with a poor parents which makes it worst.

Yoona is at the age where she was supposed to get a job but no one could hire a deaf girl. Her friend,Yuri who is a professional model took her in when she saw Yoona being kicked out of her previous home.

Yuri tapped on the table when Yoona is sitting on and she immediately got off it.

“I’m going to work.” Yuri said as slow as possible to make sure Yoona can read her lips.

“Okay!” Yoona smiled and walked to the kitchen to brew her favourite tea. Yuri tapped her shouldr and Yoona turned to look at her.

“Do you want to be my partner? We could model together” Yuri said.”Can I?” Yoona asked. Yuri nodded and pulled her to her room.

She put Yoona on her bed and she starts to mix ‘n’ match the outfit she has in her closet.

“Here!” Yuri showed Yoona an outfit consist of a peach blouse and a waist-high skirt in the colour of white complete with black heels.

Yoona looked at her confusedly and Yuri nodded. Yoona puts on the outfit and Yuri just went crazy for her creation.

She dragged Yoona to the make-up table and apply a soft make-up on her face. She curled Yoona’s hair, creating a big wave curl.

“Perfect! Now let’s go!” Yuri gave Yoona her bag and drag her to her car. Yuri starts the car as soon as they got in.

After a few minutes of driving, they arrived at the photo studio. Yuri parked the car and went out, so does Yoona. The photographer asked Yuri whoever Yoona was and Yuri explained everything.

The photographer refused to shoot Yoona due to her condition at first, but gave in since Yuri said she’ll be her ear.

Yoona just finished her first photo shoot and had went to have a small celebration with a cake and a bottle of wine.

They went to the store and Yuri left Yoona for a while to search for the cake. Yoona walks around the store and bumped into someone.

“Watch it!” He shouted. Yoona bowed and apologized. The odour of the cigarettes can be smelt from his mouth. Yoona hates it.

The man walked past her and he went to his gang. “Here, let’s go!” Yuri showed the things she bought and left the store.

Along the way home, Yoona saw the boy she bumped into, beating up another man with his gang while he was drinking like 4 to 5 bottles since he sat next to the empty bottles when he finished beating the poor man up.

“Yul, can you stop there for a minute?” Yoona asked. Yuri turned her sight to the direction where Yoona’s finger was pointing at. Yuri refused.

“Yoong, it’s midnight and we are not going there with those people there. I know you pitied that man but you can’t risk yourself.” Yuri said.

Yoona sighed and just watched the scene as it slowly fades away.