Slippin' Away

Slippin' Away

Shin Ha Rin was a college student and a pretty simple girl. She was happy and contented with her current relationship or should I say her first ever relationship. It’s not like she didn’t want to be in a relationship but guys just never approached her and so she’s kind of new to the feeling she was having. Everything was new to her but her boyfriend was there to help her. Sure she wasn’t his first girlfriend but he made sure that he made her feel loved and that she’s the only girl for him.

~~~

She was done with her classes for the day while her boyfriend still had one last class left. She decided to wait for him in the library but instead of reading, her mind suddenly reminisced to the time they had first met. They had been dating for three years now and today was their anniversary that’s why she was waiting because they had planned on eating dinner outside.

The first time they met was Ha Rin’s second year of college, yes they were now a senior and soon enough they would be graduating. It was the first day of school and even though they were in college already they still had orientations. She wasn’t really that interested in the orientation since she knows pretty well what they would say; they were just reiterating the school rules which she learned on her first year so she sat at the very back of the auditorium.

Her eyelids were slowly drooping down but not because she slept late, she actually sleeps early 10 o’clock is most likely the latest time she would be awake, she felt sleepy because the person talking had a very monotonous voice who wouldn’t feel sleepy? And to add to that the place was cool and the chairs were cushioned making her feel very comfortable. She felt someone sit beside her so she immediately shut her eyes open and looked at the person who intruded her almost sleeping state. She saw his side profile and she had to admit that he was handsome though he had chubby cheeks she can clearly see his jawline and his nose was a little bit pointed.

“I know I’m handsome so you don’t have to stare but you can continue doing that just don’t make it too obvious.” the man spoke but didn’t look at her, his gaze was in front as if he was listening to the speaker or more like the president of the student council.

“Don’t be so full of yourself. I’m not staring at you I’m glaring at you. You just disturbed me, I was almost about to sleep but you ruined it.” she said emphasizing on the word ‘glaring’. She didn’t want him to know that what he said was right.

“Whatever you say missy but isn’t that a little bit rude? You know you can just leave if you don’t want to listen.” he said as he faced her and Ha Rin had to admit that he was handsome. He had small eyes that it almost looked like he had no eyes at all. “You’re glaring at me again.” the guy said in a mocking way just how like Ha Rin had answered him earlier.

Ha Rin composed herself and just ignored the man beside her, he was handsome but she didn’t like his attitude. *What a waste his handsome face is the total opposite of his personality.*

“Kim Sunggyu.” he said as the girl beside him looked at him. “What’s your name?”

She didn’t know why but she answered “Shin Ha Rin.”

“Well then Ha Rin-sshi I’ll see you around.” he said as he stood up and left. She just watched his leaving figure. *Now who is the rude one? He left and that’s ruder. And why did he bother to tell me his name and ask mine in return.* she thought to herself as she had no choice but to listen as her drowsiness was suddenly gone.

The next few days was like any ordinary day. She hasn’t bumped into Sunggyu after her encounter with him during the orientation. *Why am I thinking about that guy anyway? Why would I want to see him in the first place?* she mentally face palmed herself for having those thoughts. She didn’t know why but she was somehow curious about him. He gave a mysterious vibe that made her want to know him.

She was at the library doing her research it had just been a week or so and here she was already making a report and draining her brains out.

“Well that .” she shot her head up upon hearing a very familiar voice. She easily remembered his voice because it sounded different; his voice was like a melody.

“What do you want?” she asked as she continued to type her report. She made sure that she sounded irritated so he would get the hint and leave.

“Nothing I just dropped by to borrow a book and I saw you.” he answered as he sat on the chair in front of her.

Ha Rin just ignored him once again and continued what she was doing. She was almost done with her report after spending almost three hours in the library when Sunggyu decided to do something. He closed her laptop and Ha Rin’s eyes widened she hasn’t saved her work yet.

“YAH! WHY DID YOU DO THAT?!” she shouted and the librarian went to them and asked them to leave. Good thing there were only a few students or else Ha RIn would drown from embarrassment.

 

“Look I’m sorry but you should’ve saved it once or twice.”

“So now you’re telling me that I’m the one at fault since I was stupid enough not to save my own work?” she was really irritated. It was her first time getting angry at someone and burst like that out in the open. She would usually vent her anger on a poor innocent stuffed toy.

“Look to make it up to you I’ll help you work on it again. This time I won’t do any funny business.” he said as he raised his right hand in the air. Ha Rin wanted to decline his offer but it was due tomorrow and it’s a minor subject in which he can help by doing some research.

They ended up working together in a café – it was Sunggyu’s favourite place to relax and unwind. They were able to finish it in just two hours.

“Thanks.” she said as she sipped from her cup of coffee. “I’ll be going ahead now.” she started fixing her things and placing it on her bag.

“I’ll walk you home.” Sunggyu insisted that she couldn’t even protest.

Their walk home wasn’t that awkward because Sunggyu started a conversation and they ended up getting caught up into it. Ha Rin felt comfortable with him and her impression of him having a not so good attitude lessened. *He’s not as bad as I thought*

After that day Sunggyu had been seeing her and they would sometimes eat lunch together until they became really close. There was never a day that he would not .

 

It’s been three months after the first day of school and Ha Rin and Sunggyu were busy doing their own work in the library. After some time they were done and were now on their way home. Ever since they became close Sunggyu made it a habit to walk her home and wait for her whenever his class ended first. Sunggyu had invited her to have coffee before they head back to their homes; they needed it as they are going to pull an all nighter.

“Do you remember the first time we met?” Sunggyu suddenly asked out of the blue. Ha Rin just nodded her head in response. “You know what I actually intended on pissing you off.” she looked at him as if telling to continue what he had to say. “To be honest I wanted to get your attention at that time but I guess it turned the other way around.” he joked.

“What are you talking about? Why are you suddenly bringing that up? And why do you want to get my attention?” she asked in one breathe. He’s confusing her right now and that made her heart beat faster than the normal beat per minute.

“I first saw you during our first year and somehow I got attracted to you. I watched you from afar that day and I looked for you but I couldn’t find you. I never once bumped into you during that time which I found weird. I guess that just proves how big our school is.” he laughed before continuing his story. “Anyway I was really happy when I spotted you during the orientation. I didn’t really intend on staying there but I just had to approach you and so I did but I ended up pissing you off so I decided to leave but I just had to ask your name. I thought you would not tell me after what happened but I’m glad you did because I was able to find you. When I approached in you in the library my intention was to only annoy you so you would pay attention to me. I didn’t really mean to erase your work that time but I’m kind of glad it happened because I got to spend time with you and we became close.” he was now looking down and Ha Rin caught a glimpse of his now pink tainted face.

“Since you’re being honest I’ll be honest as well. What you said back then was true but of course I didn’t want you to know that since your head might get bigger than it is.” she was also blushing then a moment of silence filled them.

“Shin Ha Rin would you be my girlfriend?” Sunggyu asked as he looked at her in the eyes. He was searching her eyes to look for answer. His lips formed a smile when he saw her nod her head. He quickly stood up and gave her a very tight hug.

From then on they were inseparable; they were given the name in their campus as the perfect couple. There was never a day that they were not together well except when they have their exams they are like strangers to each other when that time comes but after that they are like glued together again. Of course there were flaws in their relationship as well, they would argue but at the end of the day they would forgive each other and just forget about it.

 

“Hey!” the very familiar voice brought her back to reality. She looked at the person in front of her with a smile on her face but somehow that smile was different; different from the usual smile she would give him and that didn’t left unnoticed. “What were you thinking?”

“How we met.” she answered as she stood up and he wrapped his arms over her waist and they started to walk out of the campus.

~~~

They were now eating and chatting happily but Sunggyu could feel that something was bothering her. He didn’t want to ruin the mood so he decided to ask her later once they were done eating.

Sunggyu decided to stop by the park for a while. He didn’t want Ha Rin to go home without him knowing what was bothering her since it would be bothering him as well.

“Is something wrong?” he asked as they were staying at the swings moving back and forth. He heard her sigh and that made him stop what he was doing. There was definitely something wrong.

Ha Rin stopped swinging and faced Sunggyu. The latter could not read her expression at all, there was confusion in her eyes and sadness was evident. “Tell me what’s wrong.” he stood up and walked towards her as he knelt down in front of her.

“I’m sorry.” were her first words before she started bursting into tears. Sunggyu stood up and hugged her so now her face was buried onto his chest and his shirt was starting to get soaked.

“Ssshh… don’t cry you know it pains me seeing you like that.” he cooed. It was true, whenever he sees her cry he feels like crying as well and he can’t help but feel guilty; he thinks that he’s the reason for her tears.

“I… I’m breaking up with you.” she said in between sobs. Sunggyu was shocked with her words he let go of her and looked into her eyes. He was searching her eyes that would tell him that it was all a joke.

“Why? Did I do something? Tell me, we can still work this out.” he was now starting to get teary. It was the first time Ha Rin had seen him like that and that made her even guiltier. She knew that the pain he was feeling right now was her cause but she couldn’t lie to herself anymore. She didn’t want to hurt him even more than what he would feel with their break up.

“Please don’t leave me.” he begged as tears slid down his face, he couldn’t hold it in any longer.

“You didn’t do anything wrong trust me, it’s me I just lost the feeling. I’m sorry it’s over now.” she said as she suddenly ran away she couldn’t take it seeing him like that especially since it was her fault. She didn’t know when it started but she felt her heart fading slowly away from him. She didn’t want to continue their relationship when she knows that she doesn’t have any feelings for him any longer. She would just lie to herself especially to him and in the end the one that would be hurt the most if they continue would be Sunggyu so she decided to end it now until it was still early. She knows that he would eventually move on like how she moved on.

Sunggyu wanted to ran after her but his knees became too weak and he ended up kneeling down as it broke down. He was left crying all alone in the deserted park and it was as if the cloud had empathized with him they too had started to cry with him.

*Please don’t go I don’t know what I would do without you. I love you.* were his thoughts as he knew that the girl he loves was slipping away and had moved on.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM SUNGGYU ^_^ I hope you liked this even though it's sad and to make it up to you guys I'll be giving a very short pic spam of leader Gyu's photo tweets ^^

once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM SUNGGYU <3 saranghaeyo

check out my other two one shots for Sunggyu's on his special day ^^

Only Tears

Going Away

please leave comments ^^ I would like what you guys think about it ^^