Aftermath

We are Only Friends

 

Ok.  Rolling_star you literally made my day with that last comment.  I'm just saying.  Thank you for all of the comments, you guys are awesome!  So keep reviewing!!!!!!!!

***

Taecyeon didn’t pick me up that next morning, Thursday, because he was already late himself because he had to help his mom with bringing some new designs and fabrics.  He texted me that he was sorry and he’d promise to pick me up tomorrow.  I didn’t really mind.

 

After I got off the wrong train, I began to walk towards school.  It was going to be a twenty minute walk and I was supposed to be there in ten.  My luck.  My ipod was blaring to “Goodbye Baby” by Miss A.  As I was walking towards the school, I heard an engine rev loudly.

 

I looked to my side on the street and there was a motorcyclist; he wore a leather jacket, blue jeans, a white V-neck, and a red motorcycling helmet.  He slid up the black face and it was Jay. 

 

“Hey there, stranger,” Jay smiled kindly. 

 

“Hi,” I smiled back, shyly.  We texted a little last night, but just a little. 

 

“You are pretty far away from school to be there in ten minutes,” Jay smirked.  He pulled over to the curb a little closer.  He moved forward onto his bike and opened a small compartment under his seat.  He grabbed my bag and slid it in.  He pulled off his helmet and passed it to me.  “Don’t want to be late History class, do we?”  Jay smiled.

 

I took the helmet and put it on.  He helped me get on behind him.  I held the sides of his waist lightly.  Jay gave me a look and said, “Gonna fall right off.”  He took my hands and made wrap them around his waist tightly.  And then, he drove off towards school. 

 

When we parked right in front of the school, a lot of kids were staring and whispering to each other.  Jay helped me off and passed me my bag.  He put away the helmet and took out his small book bag.

 

“Made it just in time,” Jay smiled as he looked at his watch.  It was a fancy rolex that looked like the cost of it had more than two digits. 

 

“That watch is beautiful,” I said in awe. 

 

“Thanks,” smiled Jay as we walked into the building. 

 

I saw my senior friends looking at me with a smirks of pure sensuality as if they approved of me being with Jay… but we hadn’t told anyone. 

 

I waved to them and they began to wink and make kissy noises.  I rolled my eyes.  Jay  sighed and looked away, he was kind of embarrassed too.

 

“Did you tell anyone?”  I asked Jay.

 

“Ask them what?”  Jay asked innocently. 

 

“About us?”  I smiled at him as we walked over to my locker. 

 

“I just told… Khun… he has a big mouth,” said Jay as he shook his head.  I smiled at him and put my books away and took out my history textbook and notebook. 

 

I saw Taecyeon running into the school.  He looked stressed and tired, but right now with Jay, I don’t think I had the mental capability to see him.  I closed my locker and hid behind Jay. 

 

Taecyeon immediately went over to the guys.  The guys didn’t even point over in my direction as they talked to him.

 

“Guess Khun’s mouth is big… but limited,” said Jay as he looked over to the guys, impressed. 

 

“Let’s go to class,” I said quietly as I pulled his sleeve towards the classroom that was only two doors away.

 

“You don’t want him to know, Fany?”  Jay asked.

 

“He’s smart; he’ll figure it out sooner or later.  I’d prefer a little later.  When I am more awake to fight with him,” I said as we were about to go in the classroom. 

 

“Tiffany!!!”  I heard Taecyeon call out.   

 

“Aigoo,” I sighed.  I turned around slowly and waved, “Hey, Taec.”

 

He looked at me appraisingly and then at Jay, but before he had time to acknowledge or understand anything, the bell rang and Minah – I had never been so happy to see the girl, probably never will – hug Taecyeon’s back. 

 

I waved back at him and walked into class with Jay.  I looked at him and said, “He’s hard-headed.  It’ll be better to do it when he’s eaten.”

 

Jay nodded and said, “I see.”

 

When we walked in to the classroom, and I saw Taeyeon staring at me with suggestive eyes.  She knew and she was trying so hard to hold herself back from glomping on me and making me spill on the details.

 

I went to my seat as Jay went to his.  Our teacher walked in and set his books on his desk. 

 

“You have some explaining to do, young lady,” Taeyeon said, still looking at the teacher, in a low voice. 

 

“I know, I’ll tell you all about it at lunch,” I smiled back. 

 

Taeyeon scoffed.  “No need.  Your pink face says it all.”

 

 

At lunch, Jay was already sitting at the table with the Seniors.  Taeyeon and I walked in and I tried my hardest not to make eye contact with the seniors.  I told Taeyeon during our English class, Jay was in a different class, and she squealed for me. 

 

I tried my hardest not to make eye contact with Taecyeon.  Taeyeon and I walked to the lunch line, and like always, Taecyeon came over to rest his head on my shoulder and wrap his arms around my waist lightly. 

 

However, I had a boyfriend now. 

 

I managed to maneuver myself out of the way and grabbed my lunch.  “Hey Taec,” I said casually as I paid for my food.

 

A little concerned, Taecyeon frowned out of confusion, “Hey, Fany.  Taeyeon.”

 

“Sunbae,” Taeyeon smiled, but she knew the situation I was in right now.  The awkwardness I was feeling.

 

“Something… feels wrong,” Taecyeon said suspiciously.  To Taecyeon, I was like a three year old’s picture- he could read me so easily it was honestly unfair. 

 

“Nothing’s wrong,” I answered a bit too quickly. 

 

Taeyeon shook her head and began walking with me to the table. 

 

“Oh something is so wrong,” Taecyeon smirked. 

 

“Stop making something wrong,” I said back. 

 

Jay moved his things so that I could sit beside him.  Oh… this is going to get even more awkward than I thought.  I sat beside Jay and Taeyeon sat beside me.  The whole table must’ve known because they were smiling at us like ing idiots at the circus.  Utterly amused. 

 

Before Taec had time to comprehend what just happened, Minah yelled from the Cheerleader’s table: Oppa!!!!!

 

I couldn’t help, but thank the gods for Minah’s poor timing skills, well right now they couldn’t have been better. 

 

“Aigoo,” Taecyeon sighed as he went over and smiled at her. 

 

“You haven’t told him yet have you?”  Junho asked.

 

“What?”  Jay and I asked together. 

 

“Awe,” Yoona smiled.  “They’re in sync.”

 

“No, we aren’t!” We both said together.  I decided that it was now time to shut up. 

 

“Taec isn’t stupid,” Sunny said. 

 

“He’s going to figure out sooner or later,” Chansung agreed.

 

“later,” Jay and I agreed. 

 

“I’m going to be sick,” Wooyoung murmured. 

 

“Preach,” added Taeyeon as they high-fived one another. 

 

I smiled at Jay, but remembered quickly.  “, Math homework!”  I cursed as I pulled out my math folder from my bag and everyone began talking again.  I forgot to do it last night, but luckily, Math was last period. 

 

I began doing it and groaned.  I really hate math. 

 

“Here, let me help you,” Jay offered.  He got closer to me, put his arm around my shoulder, took my pencil and began explaining the problem to me. 

 

I was like “Ooooohhhh” by the end.  Jay laughed at me and I smiled and laughed with him. 

 

“So this is what’s wrong,” I heard Taecyeon say angrily behind Jay and me. 

 

I turned around and Jay retracted his arm. 

 

“Taec…” I said slowly. 

 

“After I made it very clear,” started Taecyeon, back to his protective oppa-, “that I thought it was not a good idea to date him or any of my friends, you do it anyway!”

 

Now the whole ing lunch room was staring. 

 

I got up and said, “maybe we should take somewhere else.” 

 

“No, I think right here is fine-“

 

“Well, I don’t!”  I gritted through my teeth.  I grabbed his arm and began pulling him outside the cafeteria.  Still he refused to shut the hell up.

 

“Tiffany, really!  I cant believe you couldn’t listen to my advice on this one.  You’re really ing stubborn, y’know?  What do I have to do to get it through your head-“

 

Once we were outside of the lunchroom and no one was in the hallway corridor, I pushed and then punched him in the arm.  “The hell is wrong with you, Taec?  Do you not have self-control?”

 

“Were you planning on telling me?  I thought I was your friend-“

 

“This is has absolutely nothing to do with us being friends!  I was going to tell you!  Of course I was!”

 

“Then why didn’t you listen to me-“

 

“Because Taecyeon, you aren’t always right!!!!!!”  I yelled back angrily.  He looked kinda shocked when I yelled at him.  I took a deep breath to regain my self-control.  “I’m not a child anymore, Taecyeon.  I don’t need the same type of protection from the world I did back when I was twelve.  I’m eighteen and I have a boyfriend.  I learn my mistakes my way.  What’s so bad about that?  He’s a good guy and well, I like him.  Why cant you be happy for me if you’re my best friend?  Taecyeon, you’ll always be my best friend, no guy… no one can take that spot away from you, got it?”

 

Taecyeon sighed; he looked like he was about to say something, but he didn’t.  He kissed my forehead and said, “If he ever hurts you, even one hair on your head, or makes you cry, you tell me first.  I will literally beat the out of him, got it?”

 

“Is that your way of acceptance?”  I asked. 

 

“More or less,” Taecyeon shrugged.  “But don't get me wrong, I ing mean it.”

 

I smirked, “Don’t doubt it.”