Chapter 34

More Than the Air I Breathe

FIRST OF ALL, LET ME APOLOGISE

*bow 90 degree*

THIS CHAPTER IS NOT EDITEDsad

.

.

.

.

 

“Mrs. Kim, I’m sorry for disturbing but someone who claimed she was your friend is here.” Joonhee’s secretary informed her. “Friend?” Joonhee raised her head from her table work. She was busy signing the documents at that time.

 

“Tell her to come in.” Joonhee smiled at her secretary. Suddenly, she felt anxious. Friend? Who is she?

 

“Joonhee…” A figure called her name then. Joonhee’s eyes widen upon hearing the voice. “Ahh…” Joonhee groaned in pain when she abruptly felt a pain inside her head.

 

“Ouchh…” The papers all flew in the air when Joonhee suddenly fell on the floor, with her hands holding her head.

 

“Joon…!” She quickly walked to Joonhee. Joonhee was still holding onto her head with her eyes shut tightly. She felt a very terrible pain right now. “J-Joonhee,” The woman tried to help Joonhee to stand up.

 

“Ahh!!” The pain struck her more when the voice called her name. Joonhee bit her lips and tried to open her eyes. Her sight was blurry but it turned clear after she blinked few times.

 

“S-Seowoo?”

 

Joonhee’s sight turned black.

 

>

 

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked in worry. “I am coming.” He quickly hung the phone, took his coat and ran outside the office. “Mr. Kim, you got a meeting later…” He secretary said when she saw her employer was ready to go somewhere.

 

“Cancel it. My wife is in the hospital.” Jaejoong ran as fast as he could, ignoring his secretary. He quickly went to the parking lot and went into his car. “Please don’t be anything bad,” Jaejoong took a deep breathe while starting the engine and drove to the hospital.

 

>

 

 

“What happened?” Jaejoong asked in worry. “I am coming.” He quickly hung the phone, took his coat and ran outside the office. “Mr. Kim, you got a meeting later…” He secretary said when she saw her employer was ready to go somewhere.

 

“Cancel it. My wife is in the hospital.” Jaejoong ran as fast as he could, ignoring his secretary. He quickly went to the parking lot and went into his car. “Please don’t be anything bad,” Jaejoong took a deep breathe while starting the engine and drove to the hospital.

 

“Joonhee…” Jaejoong called her name slowly. Joonhee was on the bed, still unconscious. “She will have to rest for awhile. Eventually, she is in a great aftershock with something from her past.” Joonhee’s personal doctor explained to Jaejoong.

 

“…something from her past?” Jaejoong’s eyebrows rose up. I thought everything has been settled up. What’s more after Ayumi and me? …her parents?

 

“Yes. Apparently, she is already stressed from her works. I already prescribed some anti-depressant pills for her last week.” He continued. “I don’t know she is taking pills.” Jaejoong said seriously. She looked okay for him, though.

 

“Maybe she didn’t want to make you worry,” The doctor smiled. “I’ll give some medicine and she can go home after she wakes up.” The doctor said before heading out of the room.

 

“Doctor,”

 

The doctor turned back. “Can you exclude those pills?” Jaejoong asked. “Sure.” He replied and headed out.

 

“Baby, why do you hide things from me…” Jaejoong exhaled heavily as his fingers traced on her face. “I said; don’t hide things from me anymore, right…” Jaejoong then kissed her fingers one by one. Jaejoong stopped what he was doing when he felt a slight movement from Joonhee.

 

She slowly opened her eyes, only to be greeted by Jaejoong’s worried face. “Joon? Baby, are you okay?” Jaejoong held her hand again. Joonhee weakly smiled and tried to get up from the bed with the help of Jaejoong.

 

“I’m sorry,” Joonhee suddenly blurted out. “…for worrying you.” She looked up, tried to meet up with Jaejoong’s dark eyes. She couldn’t tell what was Jaejoong thinking right now. He seemed blank.

 

“Remember that you promise me not to hide anything anymore?” Jaejoong sat on the bed. He held Joonhee’s hands as he them lightly. “Hmm…” Joonhee nodded. “Then why don’t you tell me that you’re on anti-depressant pills?” Their eyes met. “H-How do you know? Did the doctor tell you?” Joonhee quickly said.

 

“I won’t ever know if he didn’t tell me, right?” Jaejoong said in a hurt tone. “I’m sorry,” Joonhee looked down. “You will worry me if I tell you.”

 

“That’s what I supposed to do!” Jaejoong’s voice pitched up a bit. Joonhee’s widened, surprised with his tone. She hung her head low, didn’t dare to meet Jaejoong’s eyes. “I’m your husband, Joonhee! Not a stranger!” Jaejoong breathed heavily as he tried to control his anger.

 

“I hate it when you treat me like a stranger,” Jaejoong pulled her into his embrace, hugging her tightly. “Don’t treat me like one, baby…don’t…” Jaejoong said in a low tone. “Sorry, Jaejoong…” Joonhee rested her head on Jaejoong’s shoulder.

 

“I promise, I will tell you anything from now on.” Joonhee tried to lift up the mood around them. Jaejoong broke the hug and leaned his forehead on Joonhee’s. “Promise?” Jaejoong asked. “I promise.” Joonhee smiled.

 

“I love you.” Jaejoong leaned forward and pressed his lips on hers, sealing any words that she wished to utter. “Jae…” Joonhee held his shoulders when Jaejoong pulled her closer and kissed her more passionately. He nibbled on her upper lips then moved to the lower lips before claiming her lips fully again.

 

“I love you too.” Joonhee smiled after the kiss. Jaejoong caressed her lips with his thumb and was about to kiss her again when a voice interrupted them.

 

“Am I coming at the wrong time?” Joonhee’s eyes widened at the voice. Her head felt hurt again in a sudden. “Arghh,” She bit her lips harder.

 

“Joonhee!”

 

Jaejoong hugged her tightly when she was struggling in pain. Seowoo was just standing there, as she wasn’t sure what to do when she looked at Joonhee’s condition. “Who are you?” Jaejoong shot her a glare while he tried to calm Joonhee. Her face looked familiar… Jaejoong was so sure that he had met her before.

 

“I’m…” Seowoo started to introduce herself.

 

“Oh, what do these three letters present?” Joonhee asked Ayumi when she saw Ayumi carved three letters on the tree.”

 

“Aishh, can’t you get it, Joon?” Someone slapped Joonhee’s arm playfully. “I don’t get it.” Joonhee frowned as she rubbed her arm.

 

“It is the initial letter of our name. See it, Joon?  S is for Seowoo, A is for me, Ayumi and J is for you, Joonhee.” Ayumi smiled at her friends’ childish action.

 

“What is the reason of doing this?” Joonhee asked again. “Aigoo…our Joonhee is really naïve, neh?” Seowoo said as she cling her hands around Joonhee and Ayumi’s shoulders. “Joon-ah, it means that we have promise to be best friends forever.” Seowoo smiled brightly.

 

“We have to be. You and Ayumi are part of me.” Joonhee replied with a bright smile too. “Let’s be together forever and ever.” Ayumi held out her pinky finger. Seowoo and Joonhee looked at each other with a wide smile before held out their pinky fingers too.

 

“Always together.” Ayumi said. Joonhee and Seowoo smiled.

 

“Always.”

 

“Y-You’re…S-Seowoo, right?” Joonhee stuttered.

 

Seowoo? Jaejoong tried hard to remember where he ever heard that name.

 

“You remember me now?” Seowoo’s face lighted up as she walked slowly toward Joonhee. “Yes, I’m Seowoo.” She smiled brightly.

 

“J-Jae, I’m okay now.” Joonhee said when she tried to break the hug but Jaejoong was hugging her very tightly. “O-oh, okay.” Jaejoong quickly let her go.

 

“Okay now?” Jaejoong asked her in concern. Joonhee nodded slowly and shifter her attention to Seowoo. “I’m sorry you have to see me this way,” Joonhee smiled bitterly at her.

 

“I- I understand…” Seowoo replied. “Jae, can you leave us alone for awhile?” Joonhee pleaded Jaejoong to leave them alone so she could talk comfortably with Seowoo. “Okay…” Jaejoong said lazily. He didn’t want to leave her side at that moment. “Call me if you’re done here.” Jaejoong kissed her forehead and walked out of the room. Seowoo lifted up her head for awhile as her eyes following Jaejoong’s movement till he was out of the room.

 

“Why are you coming back here now?” Joonhee looked at her. She was biting her lips, trying to suppress her tears that were about to burst. “Joonhee, I…”

 

“You leave me alone! You didn’t even want to hear my explanation about what happen at that night! You blame me for killing Ayumi!” Tears were rolling down Joonhee’s cheeks as she shouted at Seowoo.

 

“I need my best friend at that time! Where were you when everyone blaming her death on me? Where were you?” Joonhee looked straight into her eyes. “You ran away!! Leaving me alone! And you said we are best friend?” Joonhee smiled bitterly and shook her head.

 

“I’m sorry, Joon…I-I was too sad at that time,”

 

Seowoo tried to explain but Joonhee cut off her words. “And what made you think I’m not sad about Ayumi’s death?”

 

“I’m sorry…I know I should be by your side, I know…I’m sorry…” Seowoo held her hands. “I’m sorry…”

 

“Let’s be friends like before, okay? I promise I won’t leave like before.” Seowoo said in determination. “You promise?” Joonhee tried to seek for the truth in her words. “I promise.” Seowoo smiled.

 

First step, done…

 

.

.

.

.

i'm so so so so so sorry for not updating like what... a month?

i'm so busy right now..trial exam is in this september, then the real exam will start on 14th november then end by 5th december (well, for the subjects that i take)

soooo can you guys wait for me till the day come?wink

and i'm apologising once again if this chapter is boring frown

please comment!! cos your comment is the greatest energy for me!!!smiley

 

AND AND

did you guys heard bout HyukSu??? owhhh i'm so excited!!!!

some people said eunhyuk followed back Junsu 'coz of suju's comeback soon, but i'm sure it's not true! cos whatever is it, only they know the truth :) just like what happen to all the dbsk members..only they know what had truly happened ;_;

 

AKTF!!

 

oh and happy fasting for those who are moslem smiley