hey squirrel hey hey hey HEY

Hey squirrel

 

It was already Sunday. The weather was great though it drizzled a little bit. Lumps of obvious clouds made way for the sunlight.

Where Kish didn’t even remember it was her own 23rd birthday. She woke up from the vicious sunlight that shot right straight into her eyes at noon and found some short pressed marks by her own long nails on her right arm. She stared at the all the ‘Good morning love’ written by Yixing on the wall whenever he stays over at night.

The morning greetings are all over the wall. But Yixing wasn’t right next to her.

Well anyways she had a great Saturday. She didn’t blame on him anyway because she was the one who ignored all his calls and text messages before she fell into an unconscious state right after Kris brought her home. They went to Greenplugged rock festival the day before she turned 23 years old. All her favorite gigs were there on Saturday: Casker, EZ Hyoung, Glen Check, Yozoh, Dear Cloud so she cared less about her own boyfriend and had fun with her cousin, EVEN though Yixing wanted to. He had replacement classes to teach on that day.

‘WHAT THE F----- DUDE ITS YOU 23rd… nevermind, sleep well.’
He sent her a message where he was in dilemma to remind her or not. She has been always forgetful. Remembering worthless anniversaries and neglecting big days such as mid-autumn festival. Well of course to her Greenplugged and other rock festivals are her mid-autumn and lunar new year.

On Sunday morning there weren’t any calls or text messages from her. He got worried so he went up to her unit, picked up the hidden house key under their welcome mat and opened the door with ease. Like a habit.

Yixing organized the CDs and books that were scattered all over the living room and had them sorted in alphabetically order.

“Kish,” He yelled out gently, like mild wind caressed your arm while you’re walking down at the park. He pushed the half closed bedroom door. “Kishi,”

She was asleep deeply, even though it was close to noon. She knew that Yixing was there but she couldn’t move her heavy torso to hug him or open her eyes. Her body refusing her heart, she was beyond exhausted. “I bet you had a lot of fun.” Yixing sat by her bed and had his fingers running through every strand of her brown soft hair.

When she was conscious he already had her favorite album playing in the player. Kishi walked to the kitchen and Yixing was making light lunch.
“Morning,”
“I’m free today, going Greenplugged together? I’ve gotten my passes from my lect,”
“OF COURSE YIXING!!!!! Yesterday was crazy IT WAS ING GOLD when Jihyoung came out, HE ING SANG THAT SONG AND I THOUGHT OF YOU IMMEDIATELY!!! Yozoh was gorgeous and of course Haewon too but…”

Yixing stood there and looking at her, a dim smile fixed on his face.

“Casker promoted their new song though but I wanted them to perform their old…”
“Kish, please wash up and finish the food I’ve made, we’re going to GPS as early as possible.” He then pressed his lips on hers to shut her up or else she’d repeat the same thing for another 3 hours.

It was already crowded when they’ve reached, but since Kishi was familiar with the venue so she brought Yixing to a less crowded but yet happening spot. They jumped and cheered along with their favorite bands. Normally whatever he likes, she’ll like too as their choice in music are similar. They checked the rundown of the festival and acknowledged the later gigs weren’t their cups of tea so they left the venue early and went to a snack shop to fill their stomach.

They took a walk down at the park nearby and rested on a bench. Yixing took out his iPod and plugged the earphones in as Kishi rested her head on his shoulders, with eyes half blinking and half closing.

Such a tiring weekend.

He had the other side of the earphone and he looked for their favorite song recently.

Yoga Lin’s version of How Deep Is Your Love. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BF1ycL0gs4)

She had set her indie rock on every languages that she knows actually, he hummed to the song until it got dimmer and fading away. She had her eyes opened as she straightened her back and resting her chin on his shoulder. His hazelnut shaped eyes, and the shaved hair at the back of the head with his sweat soaked long fringe. His steady breathing and then Yixng opened his mouth.

“Happy birthday squirrel.”

 

That familiar voice, and familiar tone. It was the same way where he whispered good night to her before she falls deep asleep whenever they are together.

That was shocked at first, and then reminded that before her thoughts were all being blew away by the whole Greenplugged festival, she was secretly expecting something crazy from Yixing. And thinking what if he forgets about her birthday and ty thoughts. She then got back to the initial posture  and intersected their fingers tightly. She opened her eyes gradually, staring at the wet grass on the floor. How could she half-accusing that Yixing might forget about her birthday, blaming herself and mumbled the word ‘idiot’ at the volume of her own.