Chapter I

Could This Ever Be?

 

    Wooyoung stared at the wall and his heart skipped a beat.

    It was 6 in the morning and he had not slept a wink. How could he? He was still in shock and had so many questions about what had just happened. Was it a moment of drunken folly, or was it a confession? He laid there still as he could, taking shallow breathes, because he did not dare to wake his hyung – his Khun-hyung.

 

 

    “I'm gonna be okay!”

    Wooyoung flashed the “okay” sign. He had given a rain check to the rest of the 2PM members so that he could do some more rehearsing in the hotel. He was already the best dancer in the group, but everything had to be perfect to make up for not singing because of his vocal cord nodules.

 

    When he looked up, he saw that it was 2 a.m. He gave a child-like chuckle at the conincidence and decided that it was time to stop. It had been a long day before this; they had been traveling from schedule to schedule throughout California with JYP-hyung. The worse part is, he survived the whole day feeling miserable. Wooyoung caught the flu just before flying to America and whenever he speaks in interviews, it feel as if someone is grating his throat. Thankfully, he had his Khun-hyung. 

 

   Wooyoung couldn't help but smile as he reminisce.

 

    For the past few mornings, he had been woken up to the angelic sound of “Wooyoung-ah, time to wake up!”

    It was Khun-hyung.  Wooyoung was thankful to have him because no alarm clock ever worked for him. He was glad that Nichkhun was always there to wake him up. For the past few mornings, Nichkhun will always be standing by the bed, holding a cup of water, making sure that he drank it all up. By now, Nichkhun would have called room service because “Wooyoung-ah, you can't take your medicine on an empty stomach."

 

    Deep down, Wooyoung wished his throat would never recover. What is losing your voice, if you could wake up to this everyday. With his Khun-hyung always by his side, what more could he ask for?

 

  "Enough day dreaming," Wooyoung thought. He decided to draw a hot bath, the best remedy he knew for sores, and aches. He continued to smile, as he soaked in the warm water, immersing himself in his daydreams.   

 

    “Click." the opening of the door interrupted his dreams. It must be his hyung, Wooyoung thought.

 

    He got out of the bath and quickly put on a bathrobe. When he opened the bathroom door, he saw his hyung, fumbling. He went over to grab his hyung. His head immediately retracted back. Nichkhun reeked badly of alcohol. “Aigoo! Hyung, why did you drink so much?”

 

    “Wooyoung? Wooyoung-ah?” Nichkhun asked, looking like a lost puppy his hazel eyes wide opened, and his head slanted to the side. It made Wooyoung feel fuzzy inside. Wooyoung gave himself a mental slap for feeling like that.

 

    “Yes hyung, I'm here,” he replied, unsure of how to react to the peculiar but endearing behaviour, “aish, let's get you to bed before you collapse here.”

 

    He heaved, and ho as he helped his delicate, porcelain skinned hyung onto the bed. He mentally slapped himself again. This is no way to describe his hyung. He found himself panting when he finally managed to get his hyung to his bed. He don't remember his hyung being so heavy. It must be those muscles he gained from working out. "Piak," Wooyoung gave himself another mental slap. 

 

  When Wooyoung was about to turn and to get towels to clean his hyung, something pulled him back. It was his hyung, pulling him into an embrace. Wooyoung did not know how to react. Wooyoung rapidly gave himself mental slaps, but he just couldn't break free. He know he should, but all he wanted to do was to lay in his hyung's embrace, and hope. 

 

    “Wooyoung-ah, I... love you.” 

 

    Could it be? Was this just a dream? It could not be, because even in his dreams, Wooyoung did not dare to hope for those three words. Could this all just be a hallucination, because he was drunken from all his daydreaming. His heart was split into two. Was this a moment of drunken folly, or was this actually a confession? No matter how tempting it sounds, Wooyoung did not dare to believe it, not for a second. There is no way Nichkhun was gay, life is just not that simple.

 

    He released himself. His confusion had died down. He looked into the mirror, and gave a deep and sorrowful sigh. With a deep breath, his emotions were back in check. After so many years of the unrequited love, Wooyoung had become an expert of shoving his emotions deep down. 

 

  But, even with the years of practice, it still torn him that his life would never be complete.