SHINING STAR

SHINING STAR

 

" Omma, where are you going?", the twelve years old Heechul asked when he saw his mother packing her clothes.

 

" Heechul, I believe that you can protect your younger brothers. Do not leave them, whatever happens", Heechul's mother replied.

 

" Omma, why are you saying that? I cannot understand", Heechul asked. His mother walk near him then kissed his forehead and the cheeks of his sleeping twin brothers. She was crying which give Heechul an idea about what's happening.

 

" I'm gonna get you back... we will be together again", his mother sadly expressed then get her bag and walk away from them without turning or looking back at them. Heechul tried to hold on to his mother's arms but she throw his hands away. He had nothing to do but cry while staring at his younger brothers.

 

**************************************

 

" Siwon! Donghae! Wake up, remember, you're gonna apply for a job today", Heechul shouted at the door of his brother's room. He walked back to the kitchen and waited for a few minutes until he saw Donghae, sleepily walking on his direction while scratching his eyes.

 

" Where is Siwon?", Heechul asked.

 

" He said that... he don't want to go out today because... he is tired", Donghae replied then open his mouth and stretch his arms to wake him up.

 

" Are you sure? Wait here, and I will check if he is sick", Heechul said then stand up but Donghae stop him.

 

" No need hyung! He don't want to be disturb", Donghae pleaded.

 

" But if Siwon is sick he will need some medicines...", Heechul added.

 

" No need hyung... you have a job today right? Aren't you late now for it?", Donghae said just to change the topic.

 

" Yes! Thank you for reminding me! I gotta go... don't go out today and just take care of Siwon, okay?", Heechul parently said then go out leaving Donghae relieved.

 

" Uhh!... Siwon- sshi where are you now?", Donghae worriedly said. He finished eating his breakfast and went to wash the dishes he and Heechul used. He was putting the dishes to it's proper place when he heard someone slammed the door so he swiftly run to check who is it.

 

" Siwon- ah! You're drunk again? Don't you know that hyung is finding you again?", Donghae continously asked while helping Siwon to stand up from lying down on the floor. Donghae pinch his nose because Siwon's body scent is so strong and it give him a hard time to breath but he cannot just leave his twin lying on the cold floor so he just breathe through his mouth until he'd been able to lie Siwon down on the bed where they all sleep. Siwon was deeply asleep so Donghae pulled his feet to get the blanket and place it around the sleeping Siwon.

 

***************************************

 

Siwon remove the blanket around him then go out of their bedroom which only occupies a bed and a box where their clothes was neatly place. He saw Donghae watching a documentary so he sit beside him.

 

" How are you?", Donghae asked but didn't remove his eyes on the television.

 

" Do we have food? I'm hungry"", Siwon asked back.

 

" Here, I left our breakfast for you. Where have you been? Why did you not go home last night?", Donghae asked then look at the seriously eating Siwon beside him.

 

" We just went to Kyuhyun's house because it's his sister's birthday", Siwon answered.

 

" And you drink all night?", Donghae asked.

 

" Yes... why? Do not worry, I will ask them to add you to the group", Siwon said then leave his used plate aside.

 

" To your group of drunkers? No need! I'm happy with my childhood friends and wash that dish! Heechul hyung will be mad at us if he see this house dirty and unarrange", Donghae said.

 

" This is not a house! Where do you see a very small house living a three men?", Siwon said.

 

" Siwon- sshi stop saying that! We should be thankful that we're together and that we have a house no matter how small is this", Donghae exclaimed.

 

" Okay Mr. Optimistic! Where is Heechul hyung?", Siwon asked.

 

" He went to his job but he is on his way home now, why?", Donghae curiously replied back.

 

" Let's go out!", Siwon said then stand up.

 

" Why? Where are we going?", Donghae asked.

 

" Just follow me, i promis e you will enjoy it", Siwon said.

 

" But Heechul hyung might be home just now", Dongahe stop because Siwon pulled him up.

 

" It's still early and we're already on age to saty out late", Siwon said.

 

*************************************

 

" Donghae- sshi! Siwon- sshi?", Heechul asked as he open the front door of their hovel. He go inside and chek the bedroom to check if his brothers are inside but he saw no one. He first change his clothes then went outside to buy a sardine and a kilo of rice while Donghae felt uncomfortable as Siwon give him a bottle of Soju and drink it up to the last drop with is friends - Shindong, a student with his cousin, Eunhyuk and Siwon's best friend, Kyuhyun who is the only son of the owner of the company where Heechul was working. The twin was sitting beside while Shindong , Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun in front of them. Donghae felt like his heart is tightening slowly so he poke Siwon's arm and signalled him to go home.

 

" A little more time", Siwon pleaded.

 

" Siwon- sshi... I cannot breathe! Let's go home now", Donghae begged while caressing his chest.

 

" Hey Siwon- ah! I think you should really go home now", Shindong said.

 

" Or you can just ask your twin to go home by himself", Eunhyuk added.

 

" I can't, we just escape", Siwon replied.

 

" So you're going home now?", Kyuhyun asked.

 

" But we're just starting", Eunhyuk said.

 

" I'm sorry guys, we can continue this next time", Siwon said as he fix himself.

 

" Okay  if that's what you want", Shindong said then Siwon stand up and pulled Donghae outside the club.

 

" Thank you Siwon- sshi", Donghae said with relief.

 

" I shouldn't come with you", Siwon whisper as they walk their way to their house. After riding the bus for about 10 minutes, they  reach their house and saw that the lights are turn on.

 

" Heechul hyung is already home", Donghae said then he turn back but see no one. Heechul called him which made him nervous, Siwon probably went back to his friend and he was already losing his reasons just to prevent his hyung to learn what his twin is doing.

 

" Donghae- ah where have you been? And where is Siwon?", Heechul asked.

 

" Uhm... I just... hyung, it's cold here, let's go inside", Donghae replied and think of another reason to cover his twin's another rebellious act.

 

" Are you hungry hyung? I can cook food for our dinner", Donghae said trying to change the topic.

 

" Don't change the topic namdongsaeng, i now know everything. You're lying to me about Siwon are you?", Heechul seriously stated which shocked Donghae.

 

" Hyung... how did you know?", Donghae asked back.

 

" Leeteuk hyung told me everything, why did you do that?", Heechul sadly ased while Donghae already start crying.

 

" I'm sorry hyung... I didn't mean to do that but I wanna help my twin to do whatever he wants to... and... I want to show him that I dearly love him", Donghae replied with an apologetic look.

 

" You mean Siwon is not sicktoday?He'snot applying yesterday? And... he's not dating anyone?",  Heechul asked.

 

" That was all a lie hyung, I am very sorry", Donghae replied.

 

" Where is he now?", Heechul asked, angry tone can be heard in his voice.

 

" Hyung...", Donghae started to look pale.

 

" Stop lying Donghae! If you really love your twin, you will not lead him on the wrong direction", Heechul pleaded.

 

" He is... on a bar with his friends", Donghae spilled.

 

" With that Kyuhyun again?", Heechul asked.

 

" Yes", Dongahe replied.

 

" Let's go", Heechul seriously invite.

 

*************************************

 

" Heechul hyung, come on let's drink", the drunk Siwon said when he saw Heechul standing in front of their table with Donghae who is still very uncomtable behind him. Heechul seize Siwon's glass and throw it on a wall beside them.

 

" Stop that Siwon- ah! You're wasting your time here", Heechul said.

 

" Hey! Who are you to talk like that to him?", Eunhyuk boastfully asked.

 

" I'm his brother... let's go Siwon- ah and don't come back here again!", Heechul shouted. Everyone was already staring at them and Donghae try to stop Heechul but he continue and drag Siwon off of his seat.

 

" How dare you do that?!", Kyuhyun stand up and face Heechul with his fist closed and ready to  punch anytime.

 

" Like what I've said I am his brother, older brother to be exact and you? The prodigal son of my boss, don't influence my brother with the bad lessons that you get from your money!", Heechul said while looking seriously in the eyes of Kyuhyun then hold Siwon's arm but Siwon throw it away.

 

" Yes it's true, that you are my brother but I'm tired of obeying every word that you say and I'm tired of asking permission on all the things that I waant to do. I'm already 24 hyung, I'm not a child anymore!", Siwon complained.

 

" I'm just doing my responsibility as your brother", Heechul pleaded.

 

" I never ask you to act like that to me! I don't want to be your "baby maknae" forever, I wanna be independent from you, Donghae and from the poor life we have!", Siwon continued.

 

" What do you mean?", Heechul asked.

 

" I'm coming home with you just to get my clothes", Siwon answered.

 

" That's right Siwon- ah", Shindong said.

 

" Siwon- ah? You don't need to do that... we can fix this", Donghae said then touch Siwon's shoulder.

 

" You can come with me Donghae- sshi, I know you're already tired too, with that kind of life", SIwon face his twin but Donghae look at Heechul then step back.

 

" I... I can't... do that", Donghae stuttered.

 

" You're leaving your twin alone? I now know that you don't really love me!", Siwon angrily said.

 

" It's not like that Siwon- ah! I love you but...", Donghae stopped.

 

" But you love hyung more than you love me? I knew it! It's okay if you're choosing Heechul hyung than me but I'm reminding you that we are twins", Siwon said then leave Donghae and Heechul petrified in their positions. 

 

" You're Siwon's twin", Shindong asked but Kyuhyun and Eunhyuk pulled him to follow Siwon.

 

**********************************************

 

" I missed Siwon", Donghae said.

 

" Don't worry, I believe that he will be back to us", Heechul added.

 

" I hope so too hyung", Donghae finished.

 

It was already two weeks passed when Siwon left their house and his brothers since that, Donghae became sad but their life still goes on. Donghae stand up to wash their clothes but he suddenly felt a hard time breathing for the sixth time since he went to that bar. He start to look pale while continously caressing his chest.

 

" Are you okay Donghae- sshi?", Heechul worriedly asked.

 

" Ne, I'm okay hyung... don't worry", Donghae replied.

 

" Are you sure but... Donghae- sshi!", Heechul exclaimed then immediately run to catch Donghae's head luckily he'd been able to then he carried Donghae and bring him to the nearest hospital. They arrived at the hospital and Donghae was put at the Emergency Room. Heechul nervously and uncomfortably waited for the doctor to go out. Leeteuk and his cousin, Yesung arrive first followed by Ryeowook and his brother Sungmin, who are Donghae's childhood friends.

 

" What happened?", Ryeowook asked.

 

" Is he okay?", Sungmin worriedly added.

 

" I... don't know but he just start to look pale then he fainted, moments later", Heechul replied.

 

" Maybe he's just depressed because of his twin", Yesung said.

 

" Yes Yesung's right besides Donghae is a strong person", Leeteuk added while caressing Heechul's back. Moments later, the doctor go out and asked for Donghae's relative.

 

" I am his brother", Heechul answered.

 

" The patient is experiencing a mild heart problem but don't worry, it ca n be cure with the proper medicines. The only problem is his very low metabolism which causes his body to give up easily with just a simple disease or wound", the doctor said.

 

" What can we do to help him recover fast?", Heechul asked.

 

" Just help him get rid of his stress now for him to recover fast because as we all know, stress is known to have a great factor in the worsening of any heart problem. Excuse me, I gotta go", the doctor answered.

 

" Okay thank you doctor", Heechul said then the doctor walk away.

 

" Is he okay now?", Siwon worriedly asked as he walk near his brother and friends. Heechul looked back and was shocked when he saw Siwon's worried face.

 

" Siwon- ah? How you'd know?", Heechul shockly asked back.

 

" Yes it's me hyung. Leeteuk hyung called me... what happened to my twin... is he okay?", Siwon asked as Heechul hugged his brother.

 

" We missed you a lot Siwon- sshi! Donghae is experiencing a mild heart problem but it can be cured, don't worry. You. what happened to you? Are you okay?" Heechul said then broke the  hug. Their friends just happily stare at the two.

 

" I'm alright... my friends let go of me when they realized all the bad things that we have done and that was all because of Donghae", Siwon said.

 

" I'm happy that you're finally back", Heechul happily exclaimed.

 

" I am very sorry to Donghae especially to you hyung... I shouldn't do that to you because you  and my twin are my only remaining family. I'm sorry hyung.... so sorry", Siwon pleaded.

 

" We've already forgiven you namdongsaeng. Come on let's go inside, Donghae will be happy to see you", Heechul invited.

 

*********************************************

 

Aquarter year passed, after working so hard together just to be able to pay all the bills and medicines needed to be paid. Donghae had already fully recovered and they come back to their house with Siwon.

 

" I'm very happy that you're finally back here Siwonnie!", Donghae exclaimed.

 

" Me too... I missed this place a lot", Siwon replied.

 

" Promise that you will never walk away again?", Heechul asked.

 

" I promise... with all my heart", Siwon answered then pulled his brothers to give them a warm hug.