Chapter 11

Losing To You

Losing To You Chapter 11

 

Min Seol

The surgery would begin at 8:30am the day after tomorrow.

“You’re really doing this, aren’t you?” it was probably the seventh time Eun Jo had asked me the same question.

“Yeah, I am.” I was lying on his bed and he was seated on the floor, leaning against the bed and watching some D-Grade action film.

He threw his head back, looking up at the ceiling: “Do you want to do something? I mean, right now, since you’re going to be at the hospital from tomorrow onwards.”

He was uselessly reminding me of the important things, I hadn’t been able to forget in the first place.

Joo Ji Sub, my biological father had managed to turn my whole world upside down, in just five weeks.

He had gotten married about nine years ago and had a seven years old daughter.

The little girl, Na Young, she had blood cancer. With her parents and other relatives being out of the question, I had been the only possible donor.

A bone marrow transplant, that’s what this whole surgery was about.

She needed a donor and I happened to be the one.

I was not a great person, nor was I in any way close to her. Hell, I didn’t even really know her and the surgery would be a lot more painful for her than for me. Just looking at her and her mother had been enough though.

Omma and me, we had gone through a lot, before landing up here in Seoul and omma and appa getting married. Seeing that little girl’s mother in such desperation had done it for me. For the sake of those two, I sincerely hoped that mister Joo Ji Sub would never run out on them, as he had done with omma and me.

Eun Jo's face entered my line of vision and pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Doesn’t your brain hurt, if think so much?” Eun Jo’s words and tone were mocking, but his expressions showed concern.

I hadn't even noticed how or when he had moved from the floor and sat down on the bed to lean over me.

Apparently he had said something and was waiting for an answer now.

"What?" that one word obviously explained that I hadn't been listening.

He shook his head, that damn smirk fixed on his face: "I said is there anywhere you want to go to or anything you want to do right now?"

Right, I remembered and then I felt my eyes narrow in confusion: "Is this some kind of make-your-last-wish-before-you-die-thing? Because if that is the case, then let me remind you, this surgery isn't dangerous for me. You're not getting rid of me any time soon Baek Eun Jo."

Again he shook his head, this time looking more annoyed than worried: "If I wanted to get rid of you, I'd never have accepted your stupid dare on graduation night, in the first place." he paused: "Just tell me if you have something in mind, okay?"

He leaned down, pressing a soft kiss to my lips, before shifting down to the floor again.

Three weeks, this was the first time in three weeks he had kissed me.

Before dating him, I had never deemed him to be the expressive type and he wasn't. At least, verbally he wasn't. He expressed himself physically, a lot.

Only now did it occur to me that it was probably the first time in three weeks I had given him the chance to kiss me.

He was giving me space to clear my head.

An idea planted itself in my head: "Now that you mention it, I do have something in mind."

"Yeah?" he asked absentmindedly, his eyes focused on the television in front of him: "What is it?"

 

Eun Jo

"Kiss me."

Her words made me snap my head in her direction. She had my full attention now: "Kiss you? Didn't I just do that?"

She smiled at me, cheeks turning slightly red: "That's not how you usually do it though..."

What the hell?

Was she possessed or something?

Then again, that was how Min Seol always had been, before that excuse of a father turned up that is.

I had never really had a hard time comprehending Min Seol.

But nowadays she was just so different, so closed off.
And seeing her act normal again, all of a sudden, threw me a bit off the track, to be honest.

I climbed back onto my bed, leaning down towards her, slowly.

I was about to ask her, if she actually knew what she was saying, when she grabbed the collar of my shirt and pulled me to her, her lips meeting mine halfway.

It was clumsy at first, like that first kiss we had shared almost two years ago, soon though we found our rhythm and the kiss turned from clumsy to one of those mind-numbing ones, that made you forget about everything else at that moment.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I miraculously remembered that I was probably crushing her beneath me, so using my forearms I lifted my body off of hers.

She opened her eyes, her breath escaping in small pants: “You’re not supposed to stop, you know?”

I suppressed a chuckle: “Yeah? But if I don’t stop right know, then we’re going to get caught.”

“Huh?” she looked adorably confused.

I nodded my head towards the door: “Listen.”

Min Seol concentrated on the noise outside my room.

Footsteps on the stairs, omma was on her way to call us down for dinner.

The instant Min Seol registered the same fact, her eyes widened comically, agape and then she shoved me off of her.

I landed on my back, just as she got up from the bed to sit down on the floor.

Half a minute and knock on the door later, omma stood in my room: “Dinner’s ready, are you two coming down?”

Min Seol replied: “We’ll be right there.”

Omma smiled at us and left.

“Let’s go.” Min Seol turned off the TV and was out the door, before I could say anything else, leaving me lying on my bed to sigh…

End of Chapter

 

Hey guys!

First of all, let me tell you, I have no real idea about the little medical stuff that Min Seol is talking about. But a relative of mine did have blood cancer and was saved with a bone-marrow transplant, though if the same procedure works for a seven year old, that I don't know.

Anyways, how did you like this chapter?

Eun Jo and Min Seol making out like that, was kind of hard for me to write, kissing scenes are just plain difficult, but still I tried...

Tell me how you like this chapter in your comments, or PM me if you want =) Both things are appriciated.

Now, I've got chapter 12 ready as well, but I'll upload it as soon as I have chapter 13 ready.

A big thanks to everyone that commented. To my new subscribers: Welcome and happy reading!!!

Kamsahamnida for your support!

p.s. Sorry for any spelling and/or grammar mistake. (There might be a lot since I didn't proof-read it)

p.p.s. I Love You<3