Chapter 1

Promise.

 

It was 4 am. Wooyoung was supposed to be asleep, but he had a better idea.

 

Wooyoung rarely got this much privacy with Nichkhun. The other members thought that the reason Wooyoung was overzealous whenever they went overseas was because he loved travelling, little did they know just how much he hated to travel. But, Wooyoung just went with it because surely he couldn’t tell them it was really because he could snuggle in bed with Nichkhun.

 

They just touched down in Singapore a few hours ago. They were supposed to get ample rest for tomorrow’s schedule. But, sleep can wait.

 

Nichkhun smiled when Wooyoung crept into his bed.

 

“Are you asleep?”

 

“Yes.” Nichkhun said teasingly.

 

“Goodnight then.” Wooyoung frowned.

 

Before he could get up, Nichkhun pulled Wooyoung into an embrace. “Kidding” he said, and planted a kiss onto Wooyoung’s forehead. They both smiled.

 

They adjusted themselves into their favourite positions. Nichkhun would lie flat, with his arms around Wooyoung, pulling him in, so he could smell the faint fragrance that Wooyoung emitted - the smell that made him feel warm. Wooyoung would wrap his arms around Nichkhun, and rest his head on Nichkhun chest, so that he can hear his heartbeat - the sound that made him feel calm.

 

In nights like this, they would stay up for hours, talking. Sometimes they fall asleep, sometimes they don’t. Tonight, Wooyoung isn’t going to let Nichkhun sleep because he missed him. They haven’t seen each other for weeks because Nichkhun was in Thailand, filming a commercial again for god knows what product. Wooyoung sometimes wish he were as famous as Nichkhun in Thailand so he will be booked as well. But right now, he was just happy he had Nichkhun

 

“I’m angry at you, you know?” Nichkhun said with mock anger.

 

“And why’s that?” Wooyoung looked up at Nichkhun, pretending to be frightened.

 

“You didn’t tell me you loved me today.”

 

Wooyoung rolled his eyes while Nichkhun burst out laughing, hugging Wooyoung closer. Wooyoung wondered where Nichkhun got all this cheesy lines. But he was glad he did, because it made Wooyoung feel all fuzzy inside. It was a special feeling that only Nichkhun could kindle.

 

They talked for hours. Wooyoung ranted about how much he missed Nichkhun, and threatened Nichkhun that he would never talk to him if he were away for so long again. Nichkhun talked about what he did in Thailand, and calmed Wooyoung by telling him how much he missed him. Wooyoung made Nichkhun promise him that he will bring him to eat ice cream. Nichkhun tried to make Wooyoung tell him what he is getting for his birthday by tickling him.

 

Somewhere in between, Wooyoung told Nichkhun about a dog he saw, and wish he had.

 

“Don’t worry, I’m going to buy a million dogs for you next time.” Nichkhun promised.

 

Wooyoung smiled for awhile, then sulked. “We always talk about this, ‘next time’,” Wooyoung said solemnly, “but will it ever come?”

 

“Of course it will, this is not going to be our life forever.”

 

“That’s what you say.” Wooyoung said with a sigh. Sometimes, Nichkhun’s words are just too good to be true.

 

“Yes, that’s what I say, and I’ll swear it if you want. 2PM was my life, but now, I have you. I want to grow old and grey with you, not Jinyoung hyung.”

 

Wooyoung couldn’t help but laugh.

 

“I promise you, Youngie, one day, we’re going to run away, and get away from all of this.”

 

“To where?”

 

“Wherever you want.”

 

“Promise.”

 

“Promise.”

 

In that moment, Wooyoung swore they were infinite.